• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I've installed the chatter blacklist application and love it.  But I seem to get an error if I do 2 posts back to back that have filtered works.  I get: 

Error: Error: Feed item doesn't exist.

Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?

Thanks!

• June 02, 2011

Hi there,

Does anyone know of  a way to make API calls w/o storing the user name and password in the php code?  Our security department feels its a securty risk.  They are asking if there is a way to implement a client-side certificate for Salesforce connection that the Salesforce-side will validate before accepting a connection

Thanks!

Jim

• August 13, 2009
Does any one know how to access the Account.ParentId Value?  I keep getting an error with the code below but I can access the FirstName value fine.

Thanks!

$strSQL = "SELECT FirstName, LastName, Account.ParentId FROM Contact WHERE Memberships__c INCLUDES ('Fixed Income Directory') ";
$response = $mySforceConnection->query($strSQL);
$queryResult = new QueryResult($response);
foreach ($queryResult->records as $record) {

echo $record->fields->FirstName;
 echo $record->Account->fields->ParentId;

}
  • January 13, 2009
Does anyone know the format to query both Contact and SelfServiceUser Object at the same time? I tried:

SELECT ID FROM Contact WHERE Type__C = 'Active' AND SelfServiceUser.isActive = true

AND

SELECT ID FROM SelfServiceUser WHERE Contact.Type__C = 'Active' AND isActive = true

But I get Can't understand relationship for both.  I'm trying to get back all Contacts that are active and have an active self service user account all in one query.

Thanks!
  • December 20, 2008
Hi there,

Does anyone know if you can activate a workflow rule through the API?  I can't find any objects listed in the documentation and I'm looking for a way to turn on and off a work flow rule with a script at a specific time of day.  You can't specify a timezone in the workflow and we are looking to turn one on at 7pm friday EST and Turn it off Sunday 7pm EST.

Thanks!
  • December 11, 2008
Can anyone tell me what you need to do at an '&' if someone enters one when creating a case in the API.  I tried to escape it with a \ but it still fails to create the case if someone enters one.

Thanks!
  • January 13, 2008
Hi All,

If I'm running the following query:

SELECT Id, AccountId, Contact.FirstName FROM Case

How do I access the Contact.FirstName value with the PHP toolkit? I tried $sObject->fields->FirstName but it doesnt work.

Thanks for the help!

• December 15, 2007
Does any one know how to access the Account.ParentId Value?  I keep getting an error with the code below but I can access the FirstName value fine.

Thanks!

$strSQL = "SELECT FirstName, LastName, Account.ParentId FROM Contact WHERE Memberships__c INCLUDES ('Fixed Income Directory') ";
$response = $mySforceConnection->query($strSQL);
$queryResult = new QueryResult($response);
foreach ($queryResult->records as $record) {

echo $record->fields->FirstName;
 echo $record->Account->fields->ParentId;

}
  • January 13, 2009
Does anyone know the format to query both Contact and SelfServiceUser Object at the same time? I tried:

SELECT ID FROM Contact WHERE Type__C = 'Active' AND SelfServiceUser.isActive = true

AND

SELECT ID FROM SelfServiceUser WHERE Contact.Type__C = 'Active' AND isActive = true

But I get Can't understand relationship for both.  I'm trying to get back all Contacts that are active and have an active self service user account all in one query.

Thanks!
  • December 20, 2008
I'm trying to grab data from a custom field on my Contact object in PHP but for some reason it always comes back empty. In my query I can filter on that field and using the SOQL Explorer if I run the same query I see the value for that field. Is there something special I need to do to get the value of a special field?

This is my code, the ID field shows up fine but not the custom_field__c.

try {
  $mySforceConnection = new SforceEnterpriseClient();
  $mySoapClient = $mySforceConnection->createConnection(SOAP_CLIENT_BASEDIR.'/enterprise.wsdl.xml');
  $mylogin = $mySforceConnection->login("mylogin", "mypassword");

$query = "Select Id,custom_field__c From Contact where custom_field__c != null";
  $options = new QueryOptions(10);
  $mySforceConnection->setQueryOptions($options);
  $response = $mySforceConnection->query($query);
  !$done = false;
  $RecordNum = 0;

echo "Size of records:  ".$response ->size."<br />";

if ($response->size > 0) {
    while (!$done) {
      foreach ($response->records as $record) {
          $RecordNum = $RecordNum + 1;
        echo $RecordNum.". ".$record->Id." - ";
        echo $record->custom_field__c."<br />";