Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello

I have a report tha tells me what are the members whose membership
dues are due (due date < today)
I run the report from the Donations, and I get the list of names etc.

Can I trigger the mass email/mail merge starting from this report?

My problem is that I try to create a View from the Contacts, I do not
have the information about their membership status. Is there any
AppExch that helps in that direction?

Thanks
Giorgio

Hello
I need some very basic APEX functionalities to support a small non profit project.
Basically what I need to do is to be able to copy some field values from an Contact to 
an Account upon saving the Contact record.
I am in the process of testing/learning how to do this, and I tried creating the trigger 
below, but I always get an error message.
Would anybody help me pointing me in the right direction of what should I chaneg in the sintax
of this code lines?

Thanks
trigger ChangeAccountName on Contact (before insert) {

Contact[] contacts = Trigger.new;

Contact c = [select account.name from contact where id = :contacts[0].id];

c.account.name='test organization';

update c.account;
}
Error Message:
Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger AddAccount caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: AddAccount: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject: Trigger.AddAccount: line 10, column 13
Hello,

I'm a volunteer helping this non profit customize their account and I am developing a Custom Object to manage Grants for the non profit.
I see that in the Pledge Tab, Salesforce offers a custom button to create Pledge Payments.
I would like to create something similar to create payments for my Grants, but I am not very much familiar with s-Controls or Java.
Did anyone develop something of that nature, or would be willing to help me reuse what was done for the Pledge Payments?
I basically need a way to easily create multiple payments with a direct link from the Grant Tab to the Donation (Opportunity) tab

Thanks a lot

Hello
I need some very basic APEX functionalities to support a small non profit project.
Basically what I need to do is to be able to copy some field values from an Contact to 
an Account upon saving the Contact record.
I am in the process of testing/learning how to do this, and I tried creating the trigger 
below, but I always get an error message.
Would anybody help me pointing me in the right direction of what should I chaneg in the sintax
of this code lines?

Thanks
trigger ChangeAccountName on Contact (before insert) {

Contact[] contacts = Trigger.new;

Contact c = [select account.name from contact where id = :contacts[0].id];

c.account.name='test organization';

update c.account;
}
Error Message:
Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger AddAccount caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: AddAccount: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject: Trigger.AddAccount: line 10, column 13
I'm trying to write test cases for my APEX code.I searched  the Apex documentation and  the Apex discussion board but did not find solution. I am getting two errors. I tried  but unfortunately not getting the required output. Let me know where i am getting error.  I had written the same code in the trigger without using Apex class it was working perfect. But since i need to deploy the trigger i started writing Apex class which gives me these errors.
Thanks in advance for the solution.

This is what i am trying to accomplish.

When ever a new custom object(Client)  is created or updated i need to update few fields accordingly.

And the errors are at line 35 and 54

Errrors
1)  System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, ClientUpdates: execution of AfterInsert
caused by: System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows). Consider an indexed filter or contact salesforce.com about custom indexing.
Even if a field is indexed a filter might still not be selective when:
1. The filter value includes null (for instance binding with a list that contains null)
2. Data skew exists whereby the number of matching rows is very large (for instance, filtering for a particular foreign key value that occurs many times)
Class.ClientApex.afterinsertupdate: line 69, column 1
Trigger.ClientUpdates: line 19, column 1

2)  System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, ClientUpdates: execution of AfterInsert
caused by: System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows). Consider an indexed filter or contact salesforce.com about custom indexing.
Even if a field is indexed a filter might still not be selective when:
1. The filter value includes null (for instance binding with a list that contains null)
2. Data skew exists whereby the number of matching rows is very large (for instance, filtering for a particular foreign key value that occurs many times)
Class.ClientApex.afterinsertupdate: line 69, column 1
Trigger.ClientUpdates: line 19, column 1

Message Edited by renu on 07-09-2008 02:20 PM
  • July 09, 2008
This seems simple, but it's got me stopped cold. I've got a list button designed to be used in a list view (not a related list). It allows the user to select a number of opportunities and then mass-edit them in a controlled manner. My problems started when trying to return the user to the list view on complete. Here's what I want to do:

1. User opens the list view, selects a number of opportunities, and clicks the Update button
  2. A new page is opened within the iframe - "existing window with sidebar"
  3. User updates field values
  4. User clicks Save
  5. Opportunities are updated and the user is returned to the list view
Here are the problems I've had:
  1. If I use the "existing window with sidebar" on the button and launch my scontrol, the display to the user works fine.  Except there's no clean way I can find to return the user to the list view.  $Request doesn't work because there is no retURL passed.
  2. So I tried OnClick Javascript and URLFOR.  I can get my source URL for the view then, but apparently URLFOR expects Object.Field as parameters and won't accept javascript variables, strings, anything else.
  3. Ok, old-fashioned way.  Still using OnClick Javascript, I called the scontrol using the servlet.integration method and passed in my parameters.  This works great and I can return the user to the list view.  However I cannot force the scontrol to open within the original frame!  It replaces the entire window every time no matter what combination of parent.frames.location, window.location, etc.
Any suggestions?  My current OnClick javascript is below.
Code:
var arrOppIds = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Opportunity)};
var callScontrol = "/servlet/servlet.Integration—lid=01N600000008uzZ&ic=1&retURL=" + window.location + "&oppIds=" + arrOppIds.join('-');
parent.frames.location.replace(callScontrol);