• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We recently noticed a new checkbox when packaging our native managed package which shows an option to select if multi currency is required in the installing org.  Unfortunately, this checkbox is already checked and grayed out so I am not able to uncheck it.  The issue is that we have customers that do not have multi currency enabled but we also have customers that do.  This was never a problem in the past but ever since 4/24/2009, this new checkbox does not allow customers with multi currency disabled to install new releases of our package.

Please help...

Thanks

Hi,

Just wondering what approaches people use when it come to testing time dependent (whether logic is in formula, apex,workflow). I am building a set of regression tests that include looking at logic in formulas, apex and workflow, as we may choose to move the logic between these different sources for mantainability reasons in the future and test new releases.

Below are some Scenerios that cover this.

Scenerio one -

Testing Formula field that uses NOW(), to check for this in a unit test I create a record and then select the results back out of the database. Can I use datatime.now() in my apex in the system assert as technically time has passed between the SELECT from the database and the System Assert in the apex so results may potentailly be differnet.

Scenerio two -

Testing when the salesforce system clock reaches a certain time (at some point in the future)  the formula value is different. For example an automatically generated service level field (generated by a apex trigger based on current time) has a formula on it that says whether the record is in SLA or not. So at some point in the future the formula value will be "No" but "Yes" at the moment, how can I System Assert the "No" logic

Any pointers on the above would be great.

Thanks

Mark

• April 27, 2012

Is the tilde '~' (complement) bitwise operation allowed in Apex, it is valid syntax in Java.

I'm able to use in Apex and it seems to work OK, but there is no mention of it bitwise operatons section (Understanding Expression Operators) in the documentation?

• August 28, 2010
I've built out a Visual Force prototype on a non Javascript device (also non HTML device).

The problem is that when you login in ( I also had to create a custom login page for my device) you get sent to the frontdoor.jsp page which contain javascript to forward you onto your initial Visual Force page (the frontdoor.jsp page is also HTML based).

The device is able to handle cookies, so can be authorised correctly, however you then have to manually navigate to desired Visual Force page you need.

Is there a way to avoid this frontdoor.jsp page so the Visual Force can run on non Javascipt/HTML devices?

• December 21, 2007

Hello -- I've installed Salesforce International Mapping (w/ Bing) on my accounts and contacts objects. It's working great, and I really dig the app.

However it would be extremely useful if someone could give me some direction on how to customize the back-end source code so that I can display multiple addresses (both standard and custom) on the same object map. Once someone shows me how to do it for one address, I'm sure I can replicate the process for the other addresses.

Thanks a lot,

Sean

I wanna intergrate SSO between Salesforce and Google App Engine (Java).

Followed all steps in Google App Engine set up but I'm trouble finding where to enable SSO in Salesforce.

http://code.google.com/p/sfdc-gae-sso-delegated-auth/wiki/Setup

How can i do this ? Gimme easy steps.

Thanks in Advance :)

Hi, I'm installing the Social Salesforce using LinkedIn Company Insider app but would like to link the Salesforce account website field to the LinkedIn website field instead of account name.

I've changed "account.Name" to "account.website" but I'm not sure if I need to change anything else.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks, Mary

Hi everyone,

My organization currently uses a different field other than "Amount" to calculate the value of opportunities (we use ACV instead of amount).  Is it possible to use this app, but modify the code to base the funnels off of the different field that we use?

Thanks!

-Tom

Hello,

I am using the "Salesforce International Mapping using Google Maps" from the following link.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016d25EAA

I have configured and installed this package correctly and using it is fine in Firefox.

However, in Internet Explorer 6 the user receives a warning:

"This page contains both secure and nonsecure items.  Do you want to display the nonsecure items?"

This is very annoying from a user point of view, does anyone have a way round this?

I cannot solve this by changing Ie settings is there any other way?  I cannot either use Firefox for the general users.

Any help appreciated,

Justin

We recently noticed a new checkbox when packaging our native managed package which shows an option to select if multi currency is required in the installing org.  Unfortunately, this checkbox is already checked and grayed out so I am not able to uncheck it.  The issue is that we have customers that do not have multi currency enabled but we also have customers that do.  This was never a problem in the past but ever since 4/24/2009, this new checkbox does not allow customers with multi currency disabled to install new releases of our package.

Please help...

Thanks