• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm not finding sufficient documentation on creating Cases with Contact ID. How do I specify the Contact ID in the sObject?

ex: field 'Subject':
$sObject->fields->Subject='my subject';
I'm not finding sufficient documentation on creating Cases with Contact ID. How do I specify the Contact ID in the sObject?

ex: field 'Subject':
$sObject->fields->Subject='my subject';
P:\rails\integration>ruby script\console
Loading development environment (Rails 2.0.2)
>> Sf::User
ActiveSalesforce::ASFError: INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Basis__c' is not support
ed. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' af
ter the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the app
ropriate names.
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-activesalesforce-adapte
r-2.0.0/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:579:in
 `get_result'
r-2.0.0/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:618:in
 `get_entity_def'
r-2.0.0/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:764:in
 `lookup'
r-2.0.0/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:717:in
 `columns'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record
/base.rb:1080:in `columns'
/base.rb:1070:in `table_exists?'
/base.rb:1153:in `inspect'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb:298:in `output_value'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb:151:in `eval_input'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb:259:in `signal_status'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb:147:in `eval_input'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb:146:in `eval_input'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb:70:in `start'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb:69:in `catch'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb:69:in `start'
        from c:/ruby/bin/irb:13
>> exit
I am trying to implement a PHP API setup for a client. My code works perfectly with my Developer Account Login and Password/Token. However, when I replace my username and password/token with my client's username/pass/token, I get the following response:

Array ( [faultcode] => ns1:INVALID_LOGIN [faultstring] => INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out. [detail] => Array ( [fault] => Array ( [exceptionCode] => INVALID_LOGIN [exceptionMessage] => Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out. ) ) )

I had the client reset their password and security token just to make sure, and login still fails. The client has confirmed for me that her profile includes API Access. I am out of ideas on how to fix this. One account works perfectly, and the other fails every time. What am I missing here?

By the way, this is a non-profit account that I am working on.
Hi All,

If I'm running the following query:

SELECT Id, AccountId, Contact.FirstName FROM Case

How do I access the Contact.FirstName value with the PHP toolkit? I tried $sObject->fields->FirstName but it doesnt work.

Thanks for the help!

• December 15, 2007