• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

In "classic" it is possible to pass elements from one object record to another through a List Button so that the user does not need to fill in anything and just save the record. I have found this functionality extremely useful for the user experience and have been using it for years. 

The newer Lightening platform does not allow the above functionality. 

I expect that there is a new way of handling what is needed through an Action. I would like to create an action that looks something like this:

Contact record Start Date = CustomObj X Start Date
{!TODAY} = CustomObj X End Date
Contact record Contact ID = CustomObj X Contact ID (lookup)
Contact record Contact Name = CustomObj ContactName

GOAL: The user clicks the "Initiate" List Button on the Contact Related List for CustomObjX ... all the above fields populate ... the record SAVES (or the user hits SAVE)

I tried to set this up myself however I was having dificulty finding a way to map it and I was not sure if I need to create some kind of Lightning component?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Hello - I am an independent available for SFDC implementation projects. An exciting, high level full time position rolling out an internal instance is also an option - let's discuss possibilities!

Capsule Profile:
Cloud Certification with Architect capabilities
Published AppExchange Developer
15 years experience in CRM Project Management (focus on process development & automation delivery)
Call Center product connectivity with SFDC platform
Project Management Module development
B-B AND B-C system development
User Adoption Programs
Demand Generation Programs
Marketing Programs

Training Manual creation (definitive with relevant interactive exercises)
US Based - East Coast
Consulting Firm experience
Corporate experience
Marketing and Sales practical business experience at management level
Strong Business Analyst skills
Management On-Boarding and sponsorship building

Please contact me to discuss your needs.

salesforcecertified@gmail.com

Hi,

I would like to make better use of the Email Function on the Contact record. The standard is that it is available when hovering over the ACTIVITY HISTORY.

In a past SF instance, I had created a button on the CONTACT for "EMAIL NOW" ... it was a little more obvious on the page. My issue is that I can't remember exactly how I got it to work so I am getting an error.

Here's what I have in the button:
https://na20.salesforce.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={name_firstcon2}
+{name_lastcon2}&rtype=003&retURL=%2F{Contactid}

I also tried:
https://na20.salesforce.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={Contactid}
&rtype=003&retURL=%2F{Contactid}

While I get no syntax errors, still have it mapped incorrectly.

Appreciate any help?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am trying to set a workflow based around a formula that combines the existing Record Name that a user has submitted along with two additional values in the record. This is what I have so far, however I must not be selecting the correct filter:

Contribution__r.Name &"-"&Name &(year,month,day) = Date__c

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Hi,

Just curious why this does not seem to work. It seems pretty straight forward that one Date/Time field should be able to equal another. I'm just trying to have this custom field equal the create date. Does anyone see what I might be doing wrong?

retailer_status__c=CreatedDate

The following error notice appears: Formula result is data type (Boolean), incompatible with expected data type (Date/Time)

??

thx in advance!

Hi,

I would like to send an email  by workflow to a group of Contacts based on data in a Lead Record, but I cannot see a way to create this multiple relationship. I should also mention that the Lead will be received via web-to-lead. I do understand that there is a need for a common field in both tables...but that is as far as I have come.

Would anyone have an idea?

Thanks for your help.
Hi,

I need to copy the standard multiple currency picklist into another picklist so that I can just have the Currency Code. I was optimistic with the following formula, but there's that missing ) !!

(
IF(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(CurrencyIsoCode, "EUR - Euro"),
)
"EUR",
(
IF(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(CurrencyIsoCode, "USD - U.S. Dollar"),
)
"USD")))

Any suggestions?
Thanks much!

The following does not have syntax errors - but only returns USD as a value??

if(ispickval(CurrencyIsoCode, "EUR - Euro"), "EUR",
   if(ispickval(CurrencyIsoCode, "USD - U.S.Dollar"), "USD"," USD"
   )
)

Message Edited by nonprofit admin on 01-31-2008 08:10 PM
Hi All,

I have been looking at this problem for some time and cannot see the answer. I really have very little code experience so that is not helping!
We have a custom object with an auto-number field that we want to pass into the opportunity object when the custom object is saved. I should also mention that this custom object is created from the opportunity record through a button that generates the record. We would like to pass the number back into a field in the opportunity.
I understand that the basics are:
upon record save, custom object name = opportunity custom field

Thanking you in advance for helping!
Hi,

I would like to make better use of the Email Function on the Contact record. The standard is that it is available when hovering over the ACTIVITY HISTORY.

In a past SF instance, I had created a button on the CONTACT for "EMAIL NOW" ... it was a little more obvious on the page. My issue is that I can't remember exactly how I got it to work so I am getting an error.

Here's what I have in the button:
https://na20.salesforce.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={name_firstcon2}
+{name_lastcon2}&rtype=003&retURL=%2F{Contactid}

I also tried:
https://na20.salesforce.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={Contactid}
&rtype=003&retURL=%2F{Contactid}

While I get no syntax errors, still have it mapped incorrectly.

Appreciate any help?

Thanks in advance!

Code:-

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&p3_lkid={!Lead.Email}&rtype=00Q&p2_lkid={!Lead.Id}&template_id=00XA0000000RfyB&p5=&save=1');

Error:-

The value of the "p3_lkid" parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information. 

Hi,

I am trying to set a workflow based around a formula that combines the existing Record Name that a user has submitted along with two additional values in the record. This is what I have so far, however I must not be selecting the correct filter:

Contribution__r.Name &"-"&Name &(year,month,day) = Date__c

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Hi,

Just curious why this does not seem to work. It seems pretty straight forward that one Date/Time field should be able to equal another. I'm just trying to have this custom field equal the create date. Does anyone see what I might be doing wrong?

retailer_status__c=CreatedDate

The following error notice appears: Formula result is data type (Boolean), incompatible with expected data type (Date/Time)

??

thx in advance!

Is it possible to create a report that shows all the contacts (for accounts) with no activities - completed or open?

Peter
Statewide non-profit seeks assistance with getting Salesforce up and running.  Filemaker experience preferred.  Timeline: hope to have project completed in the next month and a half.

Thanks!
Dear All,

The Sales Team is tracking opportunities. We are now implementing project management and have a custom object "Projects." A project is always related to an opprotunity, and they share the same Project Name. Is there a way to auto fill fields when you create a new Project with information from the Opportunity?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

- Mike
  • February 05, 2008
Hi,

I need to copy the standard multiple currency picklist into another picklist so that I can just have the Currency Code. I was optimistic with the following formula, but there's that missing ) !!

(
IF(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(CurrencyIsoCode, "EUR - Euro"),
)
"EUR",
(
IF(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(CurrencyIsoCode, "USD - U.S. Dollar"),
)
"USD")))

Any suggestions?
Thanks much!

The following does not have syntax errors - but only returns USD as a value??

if(ispickval(CurrencyIsoCode, "EUR - Euro"), "EUR",
   if(ispickval(CurrencyIsoCode, "USD - U.S.Dollar"), "USD"," USD"
   )
)

Message Edited by nonprofit admin on 01-31-2008 08:10 PM
Hi All,

I have been looking at this problem for some time and cannot see the answer. I really have very little code experience so that is not helping!
We have a custom object with an auto-number field that we want to pass into the opportunity object when the custom object is saved. I should also mention that this custom object is created from the opportunity record through a button that generates the record. We would like to pass the number back into a field in the opportunity.
I understand that the basics are:
upon record save, custom object name = opportunity custom field

Thanking you in advance for helping!