• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. I would like to have an autonumber in the format [mmddyy]000. For integration purposes the numbers cannot go over 999 and most preferably these numbers would be reset daily. I know that if you turn the field into text then back to autonumber then it will reset. Of course I wouldn't want to do this manually daily.

The way I see it I have a few options. Use an Apex trigger or if possible, use the api to change the field to text then back to auto number and schedule it to run at midnight. I would think that there would be a better way than these 2. Any suggestions? Does anyone know if it is possible to change the field type programatically?

Thanks
I'm looking for the SQQL statement that would allow me to get the Name field from the Indvidual table where the Name.Id record equals the At_Risk__c.Student

Individual                                At_Risk__c
Id       |   Name                        Student
1234  |  Joe Smith                   1234

So in the above tables, I would try to get Joe Smith from the Individual Table.

I tried something like:
Code:
Select Individual.Name FROM Indiviudal, At_Risk__c WHERE Indivudual.Id=At_Risk__c.Student

But I know I'm doing something wrong.

Does anyone have some places I could start for ideas to fix this?

Message Edited by Chris987654321 on 02-11-2008 10:43 AM

Message Edited by Chris987654321 on 02-11-2008 10:58 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. I would like to have an autonumber in the format [mmddyy]000. For integration purposes the numbers cannot go over 999 and most preferably these numbers would be reset daily. I know that if you turn the field into text then back to autonumber then it will reset. Of course I wouldn't want to do this manually daily.

The way I see it I have a few options. Use an Apex trigger or if possible, use the api to change the field to text then back to auto number and schedule it to run at midnight. I would think that there would be a better way than these 2. Any suggestions? Does anyone know if it is possible to change the field type programatically?

Thanks
I've read through the SSO doc provided by Salesforce ( http://blogs.salesforce.com/support/files/self_service_portal_with_sso.doc )

We are planning to use an iframe within our secure application to expose the self-serve portal.  The document shows that you simply pass the self-service users' credentials via a querystring however there is no ability to retreive the users' self-service password through Salesforce.  The only option is to generate a password and send to the user.

So bascially this Word doc makes it look like you don't need to access the API to do this type of integration.  From what I understand, I will actually have to do some type of integration and it's not as simple as this doc suggests.

Has anyone tried the approach in this document?
Hi all,

Is there any way to redirect the user to another URL once a record is updated?

I've created a new custom object, i've a "after update" trigger for this custom object and in this trigger i'm trying to redirect the user to another location if a certain condition that i defined is happening.

I would really appriciate any lead or idea for solving this as i really need a solution for this real quick.

Thanks alot
Eyal
Good morning all.
I'm hoping someone will respond to my inquiry this time.

I currently have a custom field for cases called RMA_Requst.
Basically its an autonumber field, used for issuing an RMA #.  The problem is, I only want it to be there, active and incrementing if a case type is selected as being an RMA Request.  I tried doing this through an S-Control and it doesn't work, instead it just shows some values on the case page where I have it on the layout.  I'm using Salesforce Professional if that makes a difference in linking or coding...
How would I enable/disable this thing?