• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
    Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need  to report all the cases that are closed directly on first call. For this i am using the field, closed when created to capture the needed information. But unfortunately,this field is not getting populated with the value. On our analysis, we have found that this is because of overriding close button. we have overridden the close button to include business rules. is there any way how i can capture whether a case is closed by save& close button or by close button.

Pls reply me.

Thanks,
Udaya
Hi

We've just being doing some CLI implementation of the data loader, and we keep exceeding the number of API requests per 24 hour period.

I can't work out how this script is making this many API requests, so I was wondering what constitutes an API request and what can we do to reduce the number of requests we're making?

thanks
Nick
Trying to create a new task associated with a lead in an s-control and the code executes ok but it doesnt create the associated record in the task table...here is the code below - I also use the same method to add a note to a lead which works fine.

Code:
function UpdateTask() {
var addr = new sforce.StringBuffer();
var usr = "Lead sent-forwarded by: " + "{!User.Name}" + " to the following addresse(s): " + addr.append(document.getElementById("to_address").value);
var lead = "{!Lead.Id}";
var user = sforce.connection.getUserInfo().userEmail;

var updateTask = new sforce.SObject("Task");

updateTask.WhoId = lead;
updateTask.Subject = "Lead Sent-Forwarded";
updateTask.Description = usr;
updateTask.IsClosed = "true";
updateTask.Status = "Completed";
updateTask.Type = "Email";
updateTask.Priority = "Normal";

var result = sforce.connection.create([UpdateTask]);
}

• April 25, 2008

My apologies for the repost, but nobody seemed to have anything to say in "General Development"....

Despite the fact that we have access to the Enterprise WSDL, I've decided to use the Partner WSDL for a new project of mine. 

Basically what I've built is a dynamic form that uses an Object's Fields to populate a form on our webserver with the appropriate controls at runtime, collects the values and submits them back into SF.  I've got everything worked out the way I like: field type interpretation, field creation, list population, and even got field validation working... except that I can't think of a good way for my Salesforce Admins to indicate that a field should be required.

Take our Survey object, for example.  If they add a custom field to Surveys and make it required, then when a salesperson creates a new Survey object INSIDE Salesforce, they must supply a value.  I'm just looking for a way to indicate that it needs to be validated at the end-user.  Right now I'm using the Field's name to determine if the Field should be required by prepending "SFF_" to indicate the Field should be on the form, and not just in SF, and "VAL_" to indicate that the Field should be required. 

I'd really like to use each Field's Description property for keywords, like "Required" and "ShowOnForm" instead.  I don't like the idea of forcing a naming convention on custom Fields, and would much prefer they can modify the field more easily using it's description.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out where Object's Field's Descriptions are stored.   Apparently not as a property of the Field object itself?

Does anyone know where I can find the Description property of a custom Field?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

PS - You're probably thinking that there are other ways to do some of this, but I've built this little framework in such a way where I can use either Salesforce or a SQL database to describe these dynamic forms and collect data, so there's a little bit of abstraction going on that might seem a little unnecessary on the surface.
  • April 15, 2008

hi,

please help me to download enterprise.wsdl through the c# code.

thanks,

naag.

• April 15, 2008
Does anybody know anything about the API performance?
How is the performance if the query contains for example 25'000 record? Anybody has any experience? Does Salesforce says anything about that issue?

Thanks for your help.
  • April 15, 2008
Hello all,

I have created a custom object which is called License. In some cases, the information is duplicated and multiple license objects exists that should be merged as one. However, I do not want to loose all the e-mails that were sent in each license. I would like to merge the licenses and combine all the Notes & Attachments records in the final master license.

I am using C# and the WebServices. However, I am unable to find a way do do this.

Anybody tried this?

Thanks,

Hugo
  • April 14, 2008
Hi There,

I have a workflow and wanted it to trigger only at a specific time, for example i have a workflow for a case and i get a notification when a case is logged thru web and its priority is high, now i want to implement that only at the time say 6:30 AM till 8:00 AM i need to the notification if it goes beyond that timeline no need for notification.

Is this possible if yes how can i set it up.

Thanks in advance
Mahesh.
Hi,

I am facing problem in setting the standard Task.ActivityDate by using .NET  
It shows me following error

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
'4/11/2008' is not a valid value for the type xsd:date

'4/11/2008 12:00:00 PM' is not a valid value for the type xsd:date
'2008/4/11' is not a valid value for the type xsd:date

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can anybody give me idea how to set the date in a standard object field ?

Help me to pull out from this problem

Thanks

Rameshwar

Hi,

According to help if i want to make my account name unique i need to make sure my syntax is "name" in validation rules. But it doesnt seems to work as validation rules will only return true/false. Did I make any mistake? Please help me.

Thanks

• April 11, 2008
Hi ,

I want to use a whiteboard for my application. Can anybody tell me if there is any API available to mash it up with my application?

Thanks in advance
Hi

Please let me know the best way or workaround for below:-

I have a calculated custom field at the detail page. how can i have this field available at the related list page so that a  further calculation can be done at the related list record?

For example, Project detail page - i have a calculated field called Average Daily Rate.
At the related list; the Project Planning stage, i need to show the average daily rate, so that i can make a further calculation of man days * average daily rate at each record level

If you have the steps to create above, pls do share with me.

Thanks!

Judy
  • April 04, 2008
Hi,
I would like to know can we hide the content in a S-control for all type of user login (including Administrator) ?
If yes then how to do it ?

Is any other way to hide the specific details like username/password in S-Control ?

Thanks
Rameshwar
Hello,

I am trying to create an opportunity off of a custom object which has Contact as a lookup. The custom button uses as S-control to pre-populate the Opportunity fields such as name, stage, etc. i am unable to populate a ContactOpportunityRole object for the Opportunity by passing in values for the contact, role, and isPrimary.

Is there a way to do this or are we doomed to doing 2-step data entry for this Opportunity creation? I know that the Opportunity ID is required for OpportunityContactRole creation so it makes sense that the object can't be magically created just by passing the Contact Info into the "New" edit screen, especially since it is not visible on the edit screen and they are query parameters...

This is what I tried, the regular Opportunity fields are pre-populated correctly:
Code:
<script language="JavaScript">
function redirect() {
parent.frames.location.replace("/006/e—retURL=%2F{!Author__c.Id}&opp3={!Author__c.Name}&primary0=1&role0=Business User&contact0_lkid={!Author__c.ContactId__c}&contact0={!Author__c.Contact__c}")
}
redirect();
</script>

Thanks!
Sara

• March 29, 2008
Has anyone had any success with CTI (Computer Telephony Integration). If would be extremely beneficial to users to have call center features such as bringing up a contact from a phone call. However, reading the Skype App reviews it seems that it is only for opportunities and got a fully developed solution. Another option I found is this:

However, the .de url and the fact that I could not find a mention of mirage of the salesforce appexchange very sceptical.

Please let me know of my option regarding CTI.