Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Any examples of how this can be done?

Thanks,
Jon

Does anyone know how to get Web-to-Case to work with a lookup field?

Thanks,

Jon

Is there anyway to embed Dashbards in Visual Force or make the reports look really slick?  Any sample code available?

Thanks,
Jon

Did the $CurrentPage variable changed?  I get the following error:  “Error: Field $CurrentPage.parameters.relatedId does not exist. Check spelling.”

when I just create this simple page (which is in the Global Variables section of the dev guide):

<apex:page standardController="Account">

<apex:pageBlock title="Hello {!$User.FirstName}!">You belong to the {!account.name} account.</apex:pageBlock>

<apex:detail subject="{!account}" relatedList="false"/>

<apex:relatedList list="OpenActivities" subject="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.relatedId}" />

</apex:page>

Thanks,

Jon

Is there any way to close cases upon an auto-response in a PE?  I was thinking that we could use workflow or triggers, but those aren’t available in PE.

Thanks,

Jon

What is the best way to query all of the Case Types? Thanks, Jon
Does anyone know how to set the external ID for an upsert using the partner WSDL?  We use Java, but any example would work.

Thanks,
Jon

We’re currently in the process of revamping our Salesforce integration to use the upsert functionality using the Partner WSDL. I think that I'm on the right track on this, but something isn't right because I'm getting the error: INVALID_FIELD: Field name provided, External_Id__c does not match an External ID for Contact

Perhaps my understanding of how the External Ids work in the Partner WSDL is off:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List<MessageElement> elements = new ArrayList<MessageElement>();

SObject account = new SObject();

account.setType("Account");

// External_Id__c is the API call name of our external id on Account account.set_any(new MessageElement[] { new MessageElement(new QName("Name"), "eCommerce"),

new MessageElement(new QName("External_Id__c"), "eCommerce") }); elements.add(new MessageElement(new QName("Account"), account));

SObject contact = new SObject(); elements.add(new MessageElement(new QName("FirstName"),"Jon")); elements.add(new MessageElement(new QName("LastName"), "Jessup")); // External_Id__c is the API call name of our external id on Contact elements.add(new MessageElement(new QName("External_Id__c"), "jjessup@infopia.com"));

contact.setType("Contact");                                            

contact.set_any((MessageElement[])elements.toArray(new MessageElement[0])); ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Can someone please explain?

Thanks!

Does anyone know how to get Web-to-Case to work with a lookup field?

Thanks,

Jon

Did the $CurrentPage variable changed?  I get the following error:  “Error: Field $CurrentPage.parameters.relatedId does not exist. Check spelling.”

when I just create this simple page (which is in the Global Variables section of the dev guide):

<apex:page standardController="Account">

<apex:pageBlock title="Hello {!$User.FirstName}!">You belong to the {!account.name} account.</apex:pageBlock>

<apex:detail subject="{!account}" relatedList="false"/>

<apex:relatedList list="OpenActivities" subject="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.relatedId}" />

</apex:page>

Thanks,

Jon

Is there any way to close cases upon an auto-response in a PE?  I was thinking that we could use workflow or triggers, but those aren’t available in PE.

Thanks,

Jon

How do I automatically assign a new case using assignment rules? 

It seems that only way to run assignment rules is to tick the case assignment checkbox on the new case page. My problem is that I override the new case page and have written my own new case wizard. I insert a number of new cases at the end of my wizard but cannot get the assignment rules to fire for any of them.

I have found details about AssignmetnRuleHeader that can be used through the API to fire rules and want to do something similar in Apex code.

Any ideas?

What is the best way to query all of the Case Types? Thanks, Jon
Hi,

I'm running into an issue where when I try to generate Apex code from WSDL, I get a message like:

Unsupported WSDL. Operation '[operation name]' has more than one output element

However,

The operation does not have more than one output element, so I'm not sure why it's saying this.  In fact, if I change an <all> to <sequence>, it accepts it just fine, even though clearly both <all> and <sequence> allow multiple elements underneath them.

Here is some specific portions of the WSDL that Apex can consume and generate code for:

Code:
    <xsd:element name="HeadersResponse">
      <xsd:complexType>
        <xsd:all>
           <xsd:element name="status" type="ns1:Status" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
           <xsd:element name="headers" type="ns1:Headers"/>
        </xsd:all>
      </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:element>

<wsdl:message name="GetAvailableExportHeadersResponse">
     <wsdl:part name="GetAvailableExportHeadersResponse" element="ns1:HeadersResponse"/>
  </wsdl:message>

<wsdl:operation name="GetAvailableExportHeaders">
     <wsdl:input name="GetAvailableExportHeadersRequest" message="GetAvailableExportHeadersRequest"/>
     <wsdl:output name="GetAvailableExportHeadersResponse" message="GetAvailableExportHeadersResponse"/>
  </wsdl:operation>

Here is the relevant portions of the WSDL changed so that it does NOT work:

Code:
    <xsd:element name="HeadersResponse">
      <xsd:complexType>
        <xsd:sequence>
           <xsd:element name="status" type="ns1:Status" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
           <xsd:element name="headers" type="ns1:Headers"/>
        </xsd:sequence>
      </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:element>

<wsdl:message name="GetAvailableExportHeadersResponse">
     <wsdl:part name="GetAvailableExportHeadersResponse" element="ns1:HeadersResponse"/>
  </wsdl:message>

<wsdl:operation name="GetAvailableExportHeaders">
    <wsdl:input name="GetAvailableExportHeadersRequest" message="GetAvailableExportHeadersRequest"/>
    <wsdl:output name="GetAvailableExportHeadersResponse" message="GetAvailableExportHeadersResponse"/>
  </wsdl:operation>

Note that the ONLY change is that I changed <xsd:all> to <xsd:sequence>.  This would seem like a bug to me, as in both cases, an example of the response XML is the same:

Code:
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <soapenv:Body>
      <axis2ns1:HeadersResponse xmlns:axis2ns1="MyNS">
         <axis2ns1:status>
            <axis2ns1:statusCode>300</axis2ns1:statusCode>
            <axis2ns1:statusMsg>Available headers retreived successfully.</axis2ns1:statusMsg>
         </axis2ns1:status>
         <axis2ns1:headers>
            <axis2ns1:header>
               <axis2ns1:headerId>*ORDER ID*</axis2ns1:headerId>
            </axis2ns1:header>
         </axis2ns1:headers>
      </axis2ns1:HeadersResponse>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Note that a) it's the same SOAP no matter which way the wsdl is defined (it's just that order of elements could potentially be changed), and b) there is only one top-level response element (HeadersResponse in this case).  I normally wouldn't care, but the problem is that I would really like to be able to use XSD extension, which requires the use of <sequence> rather than <all>.

Thanks in advance,
Greg
This question comes from a guy who is not a developer (per se) but understands enough to implement things with a little help.... :smileywink:

What is the minimal amount of code that I would need to get Apex Email services started.  The need we are trying to solve is basically along the lines of the Email-to-case solution.  We get lots of requests from our Sales guys and just want to create "Cases" from the emails, which don't get lost like emails! Nothing fancy!

Any bits of sample code would be greatly appreciated, (along with a basic instructions for how to implement the code)

Thanks in advance!
Mike

The Email services API provides the BinaryAttachment and TextAttachment objects to represent attachments to emails.

If I send an email with an email attachment (Content-Type: message/rfc822, Content-Disposition: attachment), it doesn't end up in either collection - so it's not accessible from the Email services API.

Is there any thought to support email attachments?  Ideally they would be in a form easily transformable into a new Messaging.InboundEmail object.

thanks,
john

• November 23, 2007