• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Windows Vista
IE 7

The offline edition 2.0 is failing when when I hit the Empty Briefcase button. Everything else works fine. It syncs perfectly, etc.

Error message is:
Please restart Force.com Connect for Offline using your Desktop shortcut. Alternative, select Start | All Programs | Salesforce.com | Offline Edition 2.0

I have called support and they were very patient, but the issue is unresolve. They have escalated it to tier 2 support, but I figured I'm not the first to encounter this problem.

In case it's related, I'll add that the Office Edition is also not working because the DLL are not registering correctly. Security issue?

Thanks,

Peter
  • March 11, 2008

I've tried to setup a Contributor but when I go to validate I get an error that reads, "The Account you validated in Twitter does not correspond to the Account that you selected on Salesforce"

Here's what I've entered in my Contribitor setup fields:
Contributor: SalesForce username
Username: SalesForce username
Twitter Account: Twitter account username
User: SalesForce username

When I click on VALIDATE, it takes me to the Twitter authorization page where I enter my Twitter credentials (which I've triple checked), but then I get the above error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hello,

Our company is planning on upgrading our sales department with Office 2007 soon.  As the administrator for Salesforce.com in our company, I am responsible for testing the product first on behalf of the sales reps before rolling it out to all of them.  I just insalled Office 2007 this morning and I run reports through Excel by using a pivot table and I can't seem to find, if it even exists, the "login" in Excel so I can update the pivot tables from Salesforce.com.  I remember after installing on Office 2003 it appeared automatically in the toolbar. 

If anyone can help me with this to get it resolved that would be appreciated.  If I can't find the solution by Monday I will have to uninstall office 2007 and revert back to office 2003 since these reports I create are critical.

Thanks,

Sheri P.