• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I made sure I had a compleyely new single record and the data loader comes back with error "insufficient access rights on cross-reference id". Does the sandbox have limitations on doing INSERTS? I double checked my data and it is solid, no duplicate, proper FK entries. Any help would be great on this topic.
Right now we are using Web to Case to allow clients to post survey results back to the Case table. We separate these by using a Survey case type. In SQL this would be a super simple solution. We store the original case number in the survey as a hidden field. When the client sends the survey back it stores the answers and the original case number in custom fields. So is there a way for me to innerjoin the custom case number with the original case number so I can link the support case with corasponding survey? The concept would be something like CaseNUmber=SurveyCaseNumber both on the Case table allowing one-to-one relationship for reposrting.
I have created a .NET application that uses the API and reads tables, filters results and sets values back to the database sucj as set password. I would like the Salesforce users to not have to run a third party application. I believe Visualforce can do this but the examples are very simple and hard to expand upon. Can anyone lead me in the right direction in way of links or sample Visualforce code? I would like the same simple inline with or without functions programming concepts to be used. For example, how do you do a custom Visualforce page that reads the contact table based on a self-service user result and then do updates. API makes this very easy. Can this be done?
Trying to sample this code:

<apex:page renderAs="{!if($CurrentPage.parameters.p==null,null,'pdf')}" controller="MyController">
    <apex:pageBlock title="MyDual-RenderingInvoice">
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Section1">
            Text Section 1
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Section2">
            Text Section 2
    </apex:pageBlock>
    <apex:form>
        <apex:commandLink rendered="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.p==null}"value="PDF"action="{!deliverAsPDF}">
        </apex:commandLink>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

It says MyController does not exist and it does not give option to create. How do I create class or compenent, whatever it wants... manually?

This would be the code for the custom controller.

public class MyController {
 public PageReference getDeliverAsPDF() {    
  // Reference the page, pass in a parameter to force PDF
  PageReference pdf =  Page.foo;
  pdf.getParameters().put('p','p'); 
  pdf.setRedirect(true);

// Grab it!
  Blob b = pdf.getContent();

// Create an email
  Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
  email.setSubject('From getDeliverAsPDF!');
  String [] toAddresses = new String[] {'foobar@youremailaddressz.com'};
  email.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
  email.setPlainTextBody('Here is the body of the email');
  // Create an email attachment
  Messaging.EmailFileAttachment efa = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();
  efa.setFileName('MyPDF.pdf'); // neat - set name of PDF
  efa.setBody(b); //attach the PDF
  email.setFileAttachments(new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[] {efa});

// send it, ignoring any errors (bad!)
  Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email});
  return null;
 }
}
Where do I find the sample code for this example using c:rssfeed title="Blog" feed="http://feeds.feedburner.com/sforceblog"? It was shown in the VIsualforce SUmmer of 08 web presentation.
Can anyone lead me to some examples of creating a Visualforce page that will ouput opertunities or quote/proposals to PDF eliminating the need for the 3rd party services? Please advise on any options if I am on the wrong track here.

Thanks in advance!
Is there a way to export right to PDF using the below example found in the Visualforce documentation?

<apex:page standardController="Account" contenttype="application/pdf">
<apex:pageBlock title="Contacts">

<apex:pageBlockList value="{!account.Contacts}" var="contact">
<apex:column value="{!contact.Name}"/>
<apex:column value="{!contact.MailingCity}"/>
<apex:column value="{!contact.Phone}"/>
</apex:pageBlockList>
We have a corporate web site and I would like to have users click a link within our current site to frame up the SSP with no second login. Now I know you can generate HTML. Tweaking that with username and password works but how do you do it for every enabled SSP user. I was thinking API to sync SSP users and passwords but there is no password field in the selfservice tables. ANy tips or ideas? I am sure other companies have done something similar.

Thank you,
Chris Gountanis
I noticed you can do a query on single tables like Case or Contact and return the query restults for use in your code. THe problem I see, which makes development annoying, is that you can't do an advanced query and return the results. For example a join on Contact to Cases and be able to show the one to many results in your .NET code. WHy is it you have ot run a single query on Contact then loop and do another query on Cases? I am used to SQL and ADO so I am sure you know where I am coming from.
How do you run an API call to get picklist data to fill a dropdown in .NET VB would be the easiest for me. What I am trying to do is get a list of case origins which is a picklist object to fill a drop down in my external API based application. I am reading, creating new and updating records but for some reason this is not easy for me to figure out.
I am looking at making 2 customizations to the Opportunity Product

1. Involves creating a custom page like the one shown in the Pic 1 attached
Is it possible to turn the Product field to a picklist instead of the label for the name of the product?
The reason for doing this is cutting down the number of steps to configure the Opportunity Product from an Opportunity.
Is creating a Visualforce page the way to go for this ? Can you suggest how to achieve dropdown capability for the Product name?

2. Would like to create a Clone button under the Opportunity Product section on the Opportunity page.
Clicking on the Clone button should take the user to the custom page described above.

Thanks

PIC1

PIC2

Message Edited by nimbuscloud on 07-04-2008 12:10 AM

Message Edited by nimbuscloud on 07-08-2008 10:02 AM
I have the basic page created.  However, I need to look up a value and return the results in a table.  How do I do that.  I have the look up but it doesn't do anything.

Also I saw at a success tour where they turn off the tabs by changing one value, how do I do that.

Much appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Melissa Elliott
The Schumacher Group
Trying to sample this code:

<apex:page renderAs="{!if($CurrentPage.parameters.p==null,null,'pdf')}" controller="MyController">
    <apex:pageBlock title="MyDual-RenderingInvoice">
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Section1">
            Text Section 1
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Section2">
            Text Section 2
    <apex:form>
        <apex:commandLink rendered="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.p==null}"value="PDF"action="{!deliverAsPDF}">
        </apex:commandLink>

It says MyController does not exist and it does not give option to create. How do I create class or compenent, whatever it wants... manually?

This would be the code for the custom controller.

public class MyController {
 public PageReference getDeliverAsPDF() {    
  // Reference the page, pass in a parameter to force PDF
  PageReference pdf =  Page.foo;
  pdf.getParameters().put('p','p'); 
  pdf.setRedirect(true);

// Grab it!
  Blob b = pdf.getContent();

// Create an email
  Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
  email.setSubject('From getDeliverAsPDF!');
  String [] toAddresses = new String[] {'foobar@youremailaddressz.com'};
  email.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
  email.setPlainTextBody('Here is the body of the email');
  // Create an email attachment
  Messaging.EmailFileAttachment efa = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();
  efa.setFileName('MyPDF.pdf'); // neat - set name of PDF
  efa.setBody(b); //attach the PDF
  email.setFileAttachments(new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[] {efa});

// send it, ignoring any errors (bad!)
  Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email});
  return null;
 }
}
Where do I find the sample code for this example using c:rssfeed title="Blog" feed="http://feeds.feedburner.com/sforceblog"? It was shown in the VIsualforce SUmmer of 08 web presentation.
I'm just getting familiarized with apex code and visualforce.  Can anyone provide a differentiation of when to use apex code (classes and triggers) and when to use visualforce?

I'm trying to understand the boundaries between apex and visualforce.

Any explanation would be helpful.

Thank you.
Where can I find the visualforce examples shown at Dreamforce 08? I would be interested in viewing that one calling Facebook Service Web that populated a related list.

Thanks

hi All,
I want to display Master (ex.Account info,it's related list contact details should display one after another) and Related List details into PDF. On click of button, it's rendering as PDF.

The problem is certain field values of related list are not displying into PDF which are having datatype as number, Picklist, date.
For Picklist it's displaying all the values(eg.language) instead of selected values. Help me out on this prob.

snippet :
<apex:page standardController="MasterObj" extensions="getIdfun" renderAs="pdf" >
   <apex:detail subject="{!Child_Obj__c}" relatedList="false"/>
   <apex:repeat value="{!MasterObj__c.Child_Object__r}" var="test">
   <apex:form >
          <apex:pageBlock title="Order No#{!test.Order_No__c}">
              <apex:pageBlockSection title="Info" columns="2">
                  <apex:inputField value="{!test.language__c}" />
                  <apex:inputField value="{!test.StDate__c}"/>
   </apex:repeat>

Thanks in advance!
  • June 05, 2008
I Start to create my first VF page and when I copy and paste the tutorial code into my page I get that error message :

Unknown component apex:pageblocktable

<apex:page standardController="Account">

<apex:pageBlock title="Hello {!$User.FirstName}!">

You are viewing the {!account.name} account.

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.Contacts}" var="contact">

</apex:pageBlockTable>

Any idea ?

• June 04, 2008
Can anyone lead me to some examples of creating a Visualforce page that will ouput opertunities or quote/proposals to PDF eliminating the need for the 3rd party services? Please advise on any options if I am on the wrong track here.

Thanks in advance!
Is there a way to export right to PDF using the below example found in the Visualforce documentation?

<apex:page standardController="Account" contenttype="application/pdf">

<apex:pageBlockList value="{!account.Contacts}" var="contact">
</apex:pageBlockList>
We have a corporate web site and I would like to have users click a link within our current site to frame up the SSP with no second login. Now I know you can generate HTML. Tweaking that with username and password works but how do you do it for every enabled SSP user. I was thinking API to sync SSP users and passwords but there is no password field in the selfservice tables. ANy tips or ideas? I am sure other companies have done something similar.

Thank you,
Chris Gountanis

Sforce 6.0 API describes SelfServiceUser API as:

Quote:
SelfServiceUser API
The new release includes a new SelfServiceUser object that supports create, update, query, setPassword, and resetPassword calls. With this new object, you can enable single sign-on for your self-service users.

Is there any java example or detailed documentation about how to enable single sign on for the self service users?

Thank you,
Vilo

• June 14, 2005