• 5 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to create an email notification to notify the QA manager when someone outside of the QA queue modifies the status of a case currently in QA.  I can't modify profiles to address this issue because these people may need to modify the case when it is in their own queue.  I tried the following based on the suggested validation rules but keep getting an error.  I currently have only one user ID but would acually have 3 who would be able to move the status w/o it sending the notification.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

AND ( 

ISCHANGED(  Status ) ,

OR ( 

ISPICKVAL( PRIORVALUE ( Status ) , "03- In QA" ),

ISPICKVAL ( PRIORVALUE (Status ), "08- In QA for Testing on Production" )),

$User.Id  <> "00530000000zqkw"

)

I also tried

AND ( 
   ISCHANGED(  Status ) ,
   OR ( 
  NOT ( $User.Id = "00530000000zqkw" )

I would like to add a custom field from the Products object to the Opportunity Product object.  For example, for each product we specify a custom field call Product Family.  I would like to include that field in the product records listed in an Opportunity such that when I add/update an Opportunity Product item the correct Product Family value is displayed for the selected Product. 

So far, I've added a Product Family field to the Opportunity Product and I've setup a workflow rule to update the field on new/update of records.  To fill-in the value, I've tried to use ISPICK() and CASE() but I've reached a dead end.  Any help would be *much appreciated*.

Jeff
Looking for a little help here after trying to self help myself has failed. I am looking for a way to have an email notification sent out automatically to designated individuals when the stage of an opportunity changes. We have Bid Managers who want to be automatically notified when the stage of an opportunity is changed by an Account Manager. Are there any quick fixes?
I'm trying to create an email notification to notify the QA manager when someone outside of the QA queue modifies the status of a case currently in QA.  I can't modify profiles to address this issue because these people may need to modify the case when it is in their own queue.  I tried the following based on the suggested validation rules but keep getting an error.  I currently have only one user ID but would acually have 3 who would be able to move the status w/o it sending the notification.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

AND ( 

ISCHANGED(  Status ) ,

OR ( 

$User.Id  <> "00530000000zqkw"

)

I also tried

AND ( 
   ISCHANGED(  Status ) ,
   OR ( 
  NOT ( $User.Id = "00530000000zqkw" )