• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Dear All,

I have not been able to find any clues about how can we customize the "Find Duplicate Leads" Criteria screen, I want to add some standard fields into the criteria screen. Secondly i also want to customize the "Send an Email" Screen to add some custom fields. I prefer not to use a custom control in place of these screens.  Please guide if there is any way to modify these screens.

Thanks & regards,

Irfan Shahid.
  • May 06, 2008
I have accounts that are assigned to regions.  Each region is comprised of several countries.  I want to create a custom object to build the relationship between country, region name, region number.  These change periodically, so I don't want to hard code them in a picklist.  I've been looking through these sites and haven't seen where anyone is populating a picklist from values in a "table" (aka custom object).  Can this be accomplished?  Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks-
Hi All,

I have made a pl/sql package for salesforce queries. http://code.google.com/p/plsqlsoap/

Simply you can select like this from oracle:

select extractvalue(sf_xml_return,'//sf:Id','xmlns:sf="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com"') Id
from table(OLAP_XMLA_SF5.SF_CALL ('SELECT Id FROM Opportunity'));

I will improve the code with better compression and session handling but now it works for any salesforce replication.

I have tested with Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.1.0 and PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0.

If you have any question and/or feature requests do not hesitate contact me

Have fun
Gergo
gergo@bacskai.hu

Message Edited by gbacskai on 04-29-2008 08:14 AM

We have lead details in a mysql db and we need to upload them in to Salesforce regularly.

The problem we are facing is that we have professional edition of Salesforce account which doesn’t have the SOAP API access.

Can we use apex code to connect to our db and pull leads to Salesforce?

I greatly appreciate your advice

Thanks

Message Edited by nilan on 04-20-2008 09:08 PM
  • April 21, 2008
OK, this is driving me crazy!  Maybe I'm doing something stupid but please help if you can.

No matter what I do with my query string, it ALWAYS returns ALL the fields.  I thought the 'where' clause was going to be the challenge!

I'm running the following query:

Set qr = ThisWorkbook.cSFComm.Query("Select CreatedByID, CreatedDate, FirstName, Id From Contact", False)

I then loop through this code:

For Each s In qr
    For x = 1 To 25
         MsgBox s.Fields(x).Name
    Next x
Next s

And can frustratingly watch it show me each and every field name from the table!
  • December 11, 2006
Can I send an email through Scontrol? On running SControl I want to send email notification to specific users....
Can it be done usinf SControl?
If Yes then how?

Waiting for reply.

Ragards
Vaishali.