• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I have created a custom field on a custom object as a lookup data type for our Product Codes.  This way we can enter a Product Code and the Product Name field will autofill.  We use the Data Loader to insert new records for all our samples that get shipped on a daily basis and I keep getting an error that the Product Code is invalid and I know that it is in our lookup.  Does the Data Loader not work on lookup fields when inserting new records or do I need to do some additional work?

Thanks,

JT

• April 15, 2009

I have an email alert going out to or Leadership Team whenever a new opportunity is entered greater than $500k.  It would be nice to add to the email the link to the opportunity from their email.  How would I add that link to the email template?

Thanks,

JT

• February 26, 2009
Hi,

I have a custom object that lists all our products and their names (over 12,000 entries and growing daily).  I also have a custom object that I would like to have the product name field auto populated once the product code has been entered.  I was told I need to create an s-control and I have no experience in s-controls nor do I have any IT support to help me.  What I am trying to accomplish is similar to excel's VLOOKUP function that when a product code is entered, it will be looked up in my product codes list custom object and return the product name associated with the product code.  Please help!!!
  • December 05, 2008