• 318 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to use the storage service in my app.
What I did was to create an app template that has the following:
<aura:set attribute="auraPreInitBlock">
        <!-- Note that the maxSize attribute in <auraStorage:init> is in KB -->
        <auraStorage:init name="mystorage"
                          maxSize="4096"
                          clearStorageOnInit="false"
                          defaultExpiration="3600"
                          debugLoggingEnabled="true"/>
    </aura:set>
Then my app uses that as template.
One of the component of the app is trying to access the storage using $A.storageService.getStorage("myStorage"); but I get an error saying that $A.storageService is undefined.
I put a console.log and indeed it is undefined, but if I open a console in the same page (Using developer tools in chrome) and I execute console.log($A.storageService) then it works OK.
So my guess is that the scope of the $A variable changes btween the app and each component.
Any ideas?

I am trying to enable Lightning Components for Salesforce1 in a Sandbox.   I know that I need to check "Enable Lightning Components in Salesforce1 (BETA)" in the Lightning Compnents section, but have a problem.

Though I can see this checkbox in my production instance (Summer 15) it isn't there in my Sandbox (Winter 16).     How do I enable this in Winter 16.

Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm studying  Admin Trail - Migrating to Lightning Experience modules. I use a developer Org, to practice and to do challenges. 
But I don't see how enbaling Lighting Experience. In this module https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/lex_admin_migration/lex_migration_introduction/lex_migration_introduction_administration, it's indicated that : "To enable Lightning Experience, go to the Lightning Setup page, which is accessible in Setup by clicking Lightning Experience" but i can't find the Lightning Setup page.
Is Ligntning Experience included in Developer Edition? if Yes, How can i enable it? if No, When it will be included in Developer edition and how can i get it?
Thank your for your help. 

How no include JQuery in a lighgtning app
<aura:clientLibrary url="http://jquery.org/latest/jquery.js" type="JS" />
gives error when I try to save it.

I tried calling this function from both APEX and WS API, with a simplest soql fragement mentioned in salesforce docs itself i.e. 

SELECT convertTimezone(CreatedDate) FROM Opportunity

I always got this error : MALFORMED_QUERY: Invalid aggregate function: convertTimezone

How does this guy works ?

Is there a limit to the number of concurrent login sessions I have have that use the same username?

In other words, if I develop a Java application that uses the Web Services API to log into Salesforce, and I run 20 different instances of the application, all logging into Salesforce with the same username, is that a problem? Is there a limit to the number of concurrent sessions that can use the same username?

Thanks!

• August 06, 2010

Hi All,

I am generating the metadata api server url out of the partner api one, that I got from a Visual Force page. This works fine with a few replacements of the partner url string.

One thing that both server urls have is a version number, and the one for the metadata is not necessarily the same as the one for the partner api.

I am assuming that any org in salesforce uses the latest metadata api. Right ?

In that case how do we get to know when the metadata api version changes to a new one ? (one way is to look at the online manual which now says 19.0 and this works fine).

Thanks in advance.

Hi all

Excuse the basic question... I'm struggling with forming two simple queries, of these types:

Select x from y WHERE LastmodifiedDate = 2010-05-17

Select x from y WHERE LastmodifiedDate > 2010-05-10 AND LastmodifiedDate < 2010-05-19

This is to run the Data Loader in batch mode, if it matters.

Tried to muddle through the API docs - failed to find anything that clarified this.

cheers

Bill

SELECT Id FROM Lead WHERE LastModifiedDate = 2010-05-03 doesn't work of corse since it's looking for a DateTime.  But do I really need to do a search on 20010-05-03T00:00:00 to 2010-05-04T00:00;00.  When creating a Lead View, I can define a specific date and have everything work out behind the scene.  Just wondering if there is a better way then to define the range.

Hello,

I have an issue while using the metadata api the issue is -

We are using metadata api to get the report information (like criteria, fields selected, etc...). But we are getting error while using the API call 'retrieve'. Error is "java.io.IOException: Non nillable element 'version' is null." We are accessing this API in java. what will be the problem?

Please help me out of this issue as its urjent requirement for me. 

Thanks and Regards

• October 31, 2009
All,

I've been working through the "Lightning Components Basics" Trailhead module and found it to be, in the main, really helpful. However, there are a few points in the examples where methods/techniques are used which aren't clarified and I can't find in the documentation either. I'm trying to work out if these are specific to the Lightning implementation of Javascript, standard Javascript methods or something else that I should read for additional understanding:
  • When setting up asyncronous callback responses, there are 2 methods that I can't find in the Lightning documentation or with a Google search, so what are they native to?
    • getReturnValue()
    • getState()
  • When setting up a variable to run an apex method, there are methods which I have a similar issue with:
    • setParams()
  • ​In another module, 2 methods in the Helper class for a component call another method within the same Helper class with the "this." nomenclature. Given that these methods are all held in a map, is this a standard Javascript technique or something else?
If I've just missed stuff in the documentation, sorry! Feel free to tell me to RTM or link me to the appropriate resources.

Thanks!

I am trying to use the storage service in my app.
What I did was to create an app template that has the following:
<aura:set attribute="auraPreInitBlock">
        <!-- Note that the maxSize attribute in <auraStorage:init> is in KB -->
        <auraStorage:init name="mystorage"
                          maxSize="4096"
                          clearStorageOnInit="false"
                          defaultExpiration="3600"
                          debugLoggingEnabled="true"/>
Then my app uses that as template.
One of the component of the app is trying to access the storage using $A.storageService.getStorage("myStorage"); but I get an error saying that $A.storageService is undefined.
I put a console.log and indeed it is undefined, but if I open a console in the same page (Using developer tools in chrome) and I execute console.log($A.storageService) then it works OK.
So my guess is that the scope of the $A variable changes btween the app and each component.
Any ideas?

I am trying to enable Lightning Components for Salesforce1 in a Sandbox.   I know that I need to check "Enable Lightning Components in Salesforce1 (BETA)" in the Lightning Compnents section, but have a problem.

Though I can see this checkbox in my production instance (Summer 15) it isn't there in my Sandbox (Winter 16).     How do I enable this in Winter 16.

Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm studying  Admin Trail - Migrating to Lightning Experience modules. I use a developer Org, to practice and to do challenges. 
But I don't see how enbaling Lighting Experience. In this module https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/lex_admin_migration/lex_migration_introduction/lex_migration_introduction_administration, it's indicated that : "To enable Lightning Experience, go to the Lightning Setup page, which is accessible in Setup by clicking Lightning Experience" but i can't find the Lightning Setup page.
Is Ligntning Experience included in Developer Edition? if Yes, How can i enable it? if No, When it will be included in Developer edition and how can i get it?
Thank your for your help. 

Hello guys,
I wanted to test components but has faced that documentation for component can't be added.
For test i used component created during passing trailhead "Quick Start: Lightning Components (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/project/quickstart-lightning-components)" for documentation was took fragment from "Lightning Components Developer’s Guide" (https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/sfdc/pdf/lightning.pdf) p.61
Here is code examples and screenshots:
Component:
<aura:component controller="MyContactListController">
	<aura:handler name="init" action="{!c.myAction}" value="{!this}" />
    <aura:attribute name="contacts" type="Contact[]" />

<ul>
<aura:iteration items="{!v.contacts}" var="contact">
<li class="minli"> <h3>{!contact.Name}</h3> </li>
</aura:iteration>
</ul> 
</aura:component>

JS controller:
({
	myAction : function(component, event, helper) {
		var action = component.get("c.getContacts");
action.setCallback(this, function(data) {
component.set("v.contacts", data.getReturnValue());
});
$A.enqueueAction(action);

}
})
Documentation:
<aura:documentation>
    <aura:description>
        <p>An <code>np:MyContactList</code> component represents an element that executes an action defined by a controller.</p>
        <!--More markup here, such as <pre> for code samples-->
    </aura:description>
    <aura:example name="myComponentExample" ref="np:myComponentExample" label="Using the np:MyContactList Component">
	<p>This example shows a simple setup of <code>MyContactList</code>.</p>
    </aura:example>
    <aura:example name="mySecondExample" ref="np:mySecondExample" label="Customizing the np:MyContactList Component">
       <p>This example shows how you can customize <code>MyContactList</code>.</p>
    </aura:example>
</aura:documentation>

And here are screenshots:

User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
What am i doing wrong?
I am new to Lightning app development. I tried "Hello world" sample app given in salesforce quick start guide (https://developer.salesforce.com/resource/pdfs/Lightning_QuickStart.pdf). I first created the App and I was able to preview in browser successfully but when I embedded component into the app then "URL No Longer Exists" error was thrown. I have followed same steps given in the guide but not sure why it is not working. Any help is appreciated.

Hi All,

I tried to execute the below code (taken from Lightning Developer's Guide) and i receive error message "Failed to save undefined: No COMPONENT named markup://auradocs:facetHeader found :[markup://MyLighteningApp:helloFacets]: Source"

Am i missing something here??

<aura:component>
    See how we set the header facet.<br/>

<auradocs:facetHeader>

Nice body!

<aura:set attribute="header">
            Hello Header!
    </auradocs:facetHeader>

</aura:component>

- Pavan Renjal

Hi,
Can anyone suggest what is the best way available to debug lightning component's javascript execution?
Now I find that some aura interfaces aren't supported in Lightning, such as ui:scrollerEmbeddable from aura documentation (http://documentation.auraframework.org/auradocs#reference?descriptor=ui:scrollerEmbeddable&defType=interface). It seems that only certain aura components(interfaces) are supported in Lightning now, is it? If not, how can I use them? Thanks a lot.
How no include JQuery in a lighgtning app
<aura:clientLibrary url="http://jquery.org/latest/jquery.js" type="JS" />
gives error when I try to save it.
I'm trying to pull the lightning components into my IDE, but can't figure out the way to include them in package.xml... would anyone know? ... The Dev guide only talks about packaging as a package, I couldn't find mention of lightning components in migration tool etc to give some lead on my problem... 

Hi,

Can someone help me in writing webservices in Java.

I am interested in updating fields of certain objects through web services and how to publish web services in salesforce.

Share sample code snippets for better understanding.

Following PDF explains about accessing Chatter data using Web Service Connector (WSC) :

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook_chatter/chatter.pdf

What is the difference between chatter REST API and WSC?

Thanks.

• July 04, 2011

Hi All,

Is it possible to create a custom field of type integer in a custom object ?

Using the deploy() method with a zipped manifest I use for the custom field the following:

type: Number

The issue is that it fails (Metdata API failure) in the following cases:

- if I don't provide the precison

- if don't provide the scale

- if precison is not larger than scale.

So the net result is, when I provide precision and scale, it creates a field of type double always.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Fernando

Hi,

I am Trying to get started with Amazon EC2 and Salesforce intgration to Build a website. I want to use REST API for this integration. Can someone help me build a HELLO WORLD Application.

Say my user enters his name 'John' I will send  him a responce 'HELLO WORLD JOHN'

I am faliliar with salesforce functinalities and customisations. I can also build a WSDL pretty quickly. But I need guidance to understand how i can provide REST service to the applciation in EC2.

I Downloaded the toolkit and looked into the classes as per the information i obtained from developerforce. But i still need a step a step by step process after downlading it.

Any information will really be helpful.

Thank you,

Bidun

• June 08, 2011

I tried calling this function from both APEX and WS API, with a simplest soql fragement mentioned in salesforce docs itself i.e. 

SELECT convertTimezone(CreatedDate) FROM Opportunity

I always got this error : MALFORMED_QUERY: Invalid aggregate function: convertTimezone

How does this guy works ?

Stackoverflow  [NOTE]  I think IE 9.0 does not work.  I switched to compatability mode and now I can post messages.

I am attempting to create a new Profile object through the API.  The doc shows that the Profile object does have a create() method, but when I attempt to create a new Profile I receive an error stating, “entity type cannot be inserted: Profile”.  I have run a describeSObjects(new string[]{"Profile"}); and I have found the DescribeSObjectResult has a creatable = False.  Is there a way to use the API to create new Profile objects? 

• April 05, 2011