• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need help pointing me to the documentation that describes how to create an s-control for the following:

Background:
- We have created a lookup field from the Contract to the Opportunity since all of our Contracts are associated with an Opportunity
- We are using Contract Types to distinguish the differences in required fields based on type, and have associated page layouts for each type. 
- Some Contract Types are direct results of an Opportunity (Acquisition, Renewal), while other Contracts are actually addendums or changes to the original Contract.  These Contracts will supersede the original Contract.  (These are the cases where we may have more than one Contract associated with an Opportunity.)

Solution Needed:
- We would like to override the "New" button for the Contract detail list within the Opportunity page so that for specific Contract Record Types (Acquisition, Renewal but not Addendums), 5 fields from the Opportunity will be copied to the Contract.

We started with a trigger that populates the Contract fields from the Opportunity fields, but of course, this happens after the user selects to save the new Contract.  We would like the fields to be prepopulated on the Contract detail page before the user starts entering fields for the Contract.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!
I need help pointing me to the documentation that describes how to create an s-control for the following:

Background:
- We have created a lookup field from the Contract to the Opportunity since all of our Contracts are associated with an Opportunity
- We are using Contract Types to distinguish the differences in required fields based on type, and have associated page layouts for each type. 
- Some Contract Types are direct results of an Opportunity (Acquisition, Renewal), while other Contracts are actually addendums or changes to the original Contract.  These Contracts will supersede the original Contract.  (These are the cases where we may have more than one Contract associated with an Opportunity.)

Solution Needed:
- We would like to override the "New" button for the Contract detail list within the Opportunity page so that for specific Contract Record Types (Acquisition, Renewal but not Addendums), 5 fields from the Opportunity will be copied to the Contract.

We started with a trigger that populates the Contract fields from the Opportunity fields, but of course, this happens after the user selects to save the new Contract.  We would like the fields to be prepopulated on the Contract detail page before the user starts entering fields for the Contract.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!
I created a package 3 weeks ago and succesfully uploaded it. Yesterday I went back in to upload it again and noticed 3 lines at the top with no information except for "Included by":

When I click upload I get the following error messages:

I have searched for those field identifiers in the pages they supposedly belong to with no success.Clicking on the Name yields a message:

Data Not Available
The data you were trying to access could not be found. It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error. If you know the data is not deleted but cannot access it, please look at our support page.

Click here to return to the previous page.

I have no pending field deletes. I am logged in as administrator with rights to do everything in this development account.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on and why the display is so useless?

Mauricio