• 75 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How do i create Experts group for communities in ideas portal? Any clues?

Thanks

• January 06, 2010

I have set up a public site that uses customer portal to expose ideas to registered users. Users are able to create and view ideas, but unable to edit or delete ideas, even their own. I figured I should grant these permissions by changing the standard object permissions for the Customer Portal Manager Standard profile, but the administration UI lets me change only the View and Create permissions. I also tried to see if I could enable some sharing rules, but Idea is not one of the objects for which I can create sharing rules.

I am able to edit and delete ideas from the Ideas tab within my Salesforce dashboard, so I am wondering if this functionality is unavailable to Customer Portal users. Is that the case?

• August 31, 2009
Hi - I have been given access to the Ideas Base Theme Limited Release and am in the process of cloning all the Visualforce pages, components and statis resources to repupose it for a Discussion Board. I want this all to work within my Customer Portal and not part of Sites. I have gone through the Sites setup in order to see the layout but now want to tie this into my Customer Portal and am at a loss as to how to route it all through the Customer Portal login so that it Authenticates a CP User upon entry to the Portal.

Anyone willing to point me in the right direction?

Hi,

We have a ideas customer portal (just used standard functionality and no customizations) in sites, and we just dont want users to see the post idea button on the page. How can i hide that button from users? Any examples are appreciated.

Thanks

• January 08, 2010

How do i create Experts group for communities in ideas portal? Any clues?

Thanks

• January 06, 2010

Hi,

Here is the situation. We have like 5k users with ideas only portal license, and the postings could be done only by the admin. The users should only be able to vote and comment on the existing ideas posted by admin. I wonder how it can be achived cos 'create' permission has to be enabled for commenting and if create permission is enabled the users can post their ideas too which i dont want it to happen. Any suggestions/ solutions are appreciated.

Thanks

• January 04, 2010

We've created a Salesforce Site, a public facing ideas section using the customer portal, and we've also purchased some Ideas Only Portal Licenses. Some of the site pages access some custom objects via the Sites guest user account. When an Ideas Only Portal Licensed user logs into the customer portal and then visits the site, those pages no longer work as designed since Ideas Only users have no visiblity to those objects.

Is there a way for the Ideas Only portal users to access the Site with guest permissions even if they're logged into the portal? Limiting the Ideas Only users in this way doesn't make sense, since we've effectively given public read access to the objects referenced by the Site.

Thanks,

Nathanael

I have set up a public site that uses customer portal to expose ideas to registered users. Users are able to create and view ideas, but unable to edit or delete ideas, even their own. I figured I should grant these permissions by changing the standard object permissions for the Customer Portal Manager Standard profile, but the administration UI lets me change only the View and Create permissions. I also tried to see if I could enable some sharing rules, but Idea is not one of the objects for which I can create sharing rules.

I am able to edit and delete ideas from the Ideas tab within my Salesforce dashboard, so I am wondering if this functionality is unavailable to Customer Portal users. Is that the case?

• August 31, 2009

I understand that the Ideas Base Theme requires a Community ID in its setup but I am trying to repurpose Ideas Base Theme as a Discussion Board and so when exposing both the Ideas standard object and my Discussion Board custom object (Ideas Base theme) my users can see the Discussion Board Community on the Ideas satndard object, on the Portal.

So my question is is there a way that I can hide this Community from being accessed from the Ideas standard object?

Hi - I have been given access to the Ideas Base Theme Limited Release and am in the process of cloning all the Visualforce pages, components and statis resources to repupose it for a Discussion Board. I want this all to work within my Customer Portal and not part of Sites. I have gone through the Sites setup in order to see the layout but now want to tie this into my Customer Portal and am at a loss as to how to route it all through the Customer Portal login so that it Authenticates a CP User upon entry to the Portal.

Anyone willing to point me in the right direction?
I downloaded and executed the msi file but can't find the sforce_connect.xla file

MSI install does not give any options and it is not in the expected Microsoft\Addins folder

Is it possible to get a copy of the
sforce_connect.xla file somewhere else so I can place it in a folder?
  • January 05, 2008