• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone else seen a similar problem as the below?

A few days ago I created a VF page that included the below code.

<apex:commandLink action="{!Save}" value="Save" rendered="{!xxx.Status__c='A'}" rerender="MyList">
  <apex:param name="TheId" value="{!xxx.id}" assignTo="{!TheId}"/>
</apex:commandLink>

The above worked fine. 

Tonight, I resaved the page and realized that the text rendered="{!xxx.Status__c='A'}" gets changed to rendered="{!xxx.Status__c="A"}"  - specifically, the single quote around the A is changed to a double quote.  This causes an error that prevents the page from being displayed.

I repeated the above several times and each time the single quote was changed to the double quote.

I am going to file a ticket on this with support - but wondered if anyone was seeing odd behavior such as this?

I am using an outputText tag along with a param tag to format a date file.  This works quite well in the sprin'09 release.  I get compile errors in Summer '09.  Here is a simple page that works in spring'09 but gets an error on save in the summer '09 release.

<apex:page >
  <h1>Congratulations</h1>
  This is your new Page
            <apex:outputText value="{0,date, MMMM d', 'yyyy}">
                <apex:param value="{!NOW()}" />
            </apex:outputText>

</apex:page>

The error message I get in summer '09 is below.  Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?  I have opened a case on this - the number is 02709898

Error: The value attribute on <apex:outputText> is not in a valid format. It must be a positive number, and of type Number, Date, Time, or Choice.

Error 

Message Edited by dchasman on 06-08-2009 01:00 PM
Hi,

I want to use the same inputField name more than once in the same page but the second data does not get saved although I am creating two different records. Suppose I have a custom object named Contract_Terms__c and I have a one to many relationship with another object called Term_Dates__c. So in my page I have two options - 'Enter Payment Date'  and 'Enter Cash Date', both with inputField name as term_dates.Term_Date__c. But the options creates two different records with differnt Term Type. If it is Payment Date it stores as 'Payment' and if it is 'Cash' it should store as 'cash' along with the date entered in the inputField. The record gets properly saved but the in the second record I am unable to save the date.

Here is the part of that code :
Code:
 <p>Payment Dates: <span style="padding:2px;"/> <apex:inputField id="term" 
value="{!termDates.Date__c}"/>
<span style="padding:10px;"/><apex:CommandButton action="{!addTermDates}" value="Add">
</apex:CommandButton></p><br/> <p>Enter Cash Out Decision Date(s):<span style="padding:2px;"/> <apex:inputField id="term"
value="{!termDates.Date__c}"/> <span style="padding:5px;"/><apex:CommandButton action="{!addTermDatesCash}" value="Add">
</apex:CommandButton></p>

This is the same problem I am facing if I use the same field name once with apex:inputField and once with apex:outputField. This I need it in a scenario where depending on some condition once I need to make the field editable and once read-only.

Can anyone please suggest me how to go about this problem?

Regards,
Jina

Is there a way to export right to PDF using the below example found in the Visualforce documentation?

<apex:page standardController="Account" contenttype="application/pdf">
<apex:pageBlock title="Contacts">

<apex:pageBlockList value="{!account.Contacts}" var="contact">
<apex:column value="{!contact.Name}"/>
<apex:column value="{!contact.MailingCity}"/>
<apex:column value="{!contact.Phone}"/>
</apex:pageBlockList>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>