• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have Email2Case configured to add inbound e-mails to their respective case when they arrive.

I'd like to write a trigger which fires when such an e-mail arrives (so that I can potentially move the case to a different state).  I can see two ways of almost achieving this, but I can't find all the pieces of the puzzle.

1. I could create a trigger for when a new task is created, except I can't seem to find a way of getting at the e-mail assocated with the task -- is there a way to do this?

2. I could use the InBoundEmail handler to handle the e-mail, but then I need to manually go about working out which case it relates to, which seems a little heavy handed -- is there a way to have SF give me the Case# for an e-mail if it spots the reference tag?

Is there a simple solution I'm overlooking here?

Cheers

I've created a trigger in the Case Object but it does not fires when my salesforce receive a case from a email to case ...
Is there a way to enable/disable the apex code triggers from outside rssources ?

does the Apex triggers works  with email to cases and webtocases and all this kind of external sources  ??

Thankx 

Miguel

Message Edited by Mig on 06-27-2008 04:57 PM
  • June 27, 2008

We have Email2Case configured to add inbound e-mails to their respective case when they arrive.

I'd like to write a trigger which fires when such an e-mail arrives (so that I can potentially move the case to a different state).  I can see two ways of almost achieving this, but I can't find all the pieces of the puzzle.

1. I could create a trigger for when a new task is created, except I can't seem to find a way of getting at the e-mail assocated with the task -- is there a way to do this?

2. I could use the InBoundEmail handler to handle the e-mail, but then I need to manually go about working out which case it relates to, which seems a little heavy handed -- is there a way to have SF give me the Case# for an e-mail if it spots the reference tag?

Is there a simple solution I'm overlooking here?

Cheers