• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Was reviewing Trailhead modules to suggest to new users and see that CPQ (paid add on product) is included in the Learn CRM Essentials trail (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/getting_started_crm_basics). As of April 2018, CPQ is a paid add-on and for mind is not part of the core functionality that SFDC provides for all users included in the standard subsciption user cost. Two questions:
  1. Where can I find a module on using the out of the box functionality for products, pricebooks and quotes in trailhead?
  2. And can the CPQ unit (which I now refer to as Enhanced CPQ - formerly Steelbrick) be swapped out in Learn CRM Essentials trail with a unit for Standard CPQ (products, price books, quotes)?
  • April 02, 2018
I have an after insert trigger on SFDC tasks that fires after a new task is created by the Hubspot activity sync feature (sync direction is HS > SFDC only). If the task is created in SFDC by the hubspot integration user, then the trigger should set a custom activity field on task called Contact Type to "Sales". The trigger does work but is inconsistent and I can't figure out why. I changed the logic to use @future but some tasks still don't get updated. Has anyone worked with tasks synced from Hubspot and found this type of issue? Any insight would be appreciated.
  • November 21, 2016

I am trying to find a way to total scores assigned to multi-select picklist values that have a ranking. 

I have a field that is a multi-select pick list called Project Type and each Project Type value has a complexity level and two scores - Base Turnaround Time (TAT) and Additional TAT (E.g.. New Plan:  Complexity = 1; Base TAT = 10; Additional TAT=4). Total TAT is calculated by finding the Base TAT, which is the Base TAT of the most complex task, plus the additional TAT of all other tasks selected in the multi select picklist. I can find the Base TAT using a formula field (included and multi-level if off the ) but I can't find a way to include the additional value scores then total them together.

Any advice on how to get this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• April 10, 2010

I had a request to calculate the time between a web-to-case creating a case in Salesforce.com and an associated Auto-response rule firing.

I was able to create a report showing the cases created via web-to-case and the email being sent using a custom report type (Cases with or without Activities) but I can't calculate the time difference (in hours). While this will in almost all cases be instantaneous, we have to be able to calculate the time difference for SLA reporting and to see the delay if we meet out workflow notice hourly limit. Any ideas on how I can do this?

• August 07, 2009

I have created an email link using the <a href=mailto:> tags in a visualforce page and want to include the case number in a preformed email subject. My is code is:

<a href="Mailto:email@mycompany.com?Subject=Assistance with approval information for SFDC case #{!Case.CaseNumber}">Email Link< /a>

For some reason, the case number does not come across to the email subject when using IE8 but works fine for Firefox 3 and Chrome. Does anyone have any ideas on how to parse the case number in the email subject?

• June 03, 2009

I am creating a VF page that will allow users to enter information in a form that is related to a case. Once all relevant information is entered, users can also change the case owner (if required) before clicking Save and I have managed to do this successfully.

However, I would also like the form to be able to accept an optional "Internal Comment", so that all of the case updates can occur on one screen. However, I can't seem to find the relationship for this field. I tried multiple variations of <apex:inputfield value="{!Case.CaseComments__r.Comments}" />but without success. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• April 08, 2009
Does anyone know how to create a case validation rule to check that at least one case comment has been added to a case before allowing a user to close it? Please help.
  • February 17, 2009
I need to find a way to ensure that a user has entered a value in a case field when they check the "Assign using active assignment rule" for a case assignment rule to fire.

The field is only required for reassignment of a case so it does not apply in all situations and simply making it required does not work for this use case. The other alternative of creating an assignment rule and checking the "Do not reassign" button works, but this doesn't allow for an error message on screen to notify the user which field needs to be updated for the rule to work. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can implement either a validation that prompts the user to update the field or how to display a popup help message? Thanks

• December 11, 2008
Was reviewing Trailhead modules to suggest to new users and see that CPQ (paid add on product) is included in the Learn CRM Essentials trail (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/getting_started_crm_basics). As of April 2018, CPQ is a paid add-on and for mind is not part of the core functionality that SFDC provides for all users included in the standard subsciption user cost. Two questions:
  1. Where can I find a module on using the out of the box functionality for products, pricebooks and quotes in trailhead?
  2. And can the CPQ unit (which I now refer to as Enhanced CPQ - formerly Steelbrick) be swapped out in Learn CRM Essentials trail with a unit for Standard CPQ (products, price books, quotes)?
  • April 02, 2018

I installed the Excel Connector and can log in fine to my production org.  However, when I try to connect to my sandbox I get an error:

Error generated by request: : not well formed at byte index 1898 exception code: 1

Could not establish connection to API service

Any idea what is going wrong?

• August 02, 2010

I am trying to find a way to total scores assigned to multi-select picklist values that have a ranking. 

I have a field that is a multi-select pick list called Project Type and each Project Type value has a complexity level and two scores - Base Turnaround Time (TAT) and Additional TAT (E.g.. New Plan:  Complexity = 1; Base TAT = 10; Additional TAT=4). Total TAT is calculated by finding the Base TAT, which is the Base TAT of the most complex task, plus the additional TAT of all other tasks selected in the multi select picklist. I can find the Base TAT using a formula field (included and multi-level if off the ) but I can't find a way to include the additional value scores then total them together.

Any advice on how to get this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• April 10, 2010

I am creating a VF page that will allow users to enter information in a form that is related to a case. Once all relevant information is entered, users can also change the case owner (if required) before clicking Save and I have managed to do this successfully.

However, I would also like the form to be able to accept an optional "Internal Comment", so that all of the case updates can occur on one screen. However, I can't seem to find the relationship for this field. I tried multiple variations of <apex:inputfield value="{!Case.CaseComments__r.Comments}" />but without success. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• April 08, 2009
Does anyone know how to create a case validation rule to check that at least one case comment has been added to a case before allowing a user to close it? Please help.
  • February 17, 2009
I am trying to create a formula that looks up the User object "Division" field value (based on case owner) so I can group by the division field on a case activity report. So far, I have been unable to do this. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • January 10, 2009
Hello,

I need to enforce the selection of  "Assign using active assignment rules"  based on a selected Case status when the user is editing a case.

Any idea ?

Title:  Salesforce.com Admin

Location: LA/Irvine - Required to work in L.A. 3 days a week and Irvine 2 days

Duration:  3 months Contract-to-hire 

This is not a Developer position.

The manager is serious about a quick fill of this position.  

Description: 

SalesForce.com Administrator.

- Must have 3-5 years SF.com experience in a support role.

- This is not a SF.com Developer need.

- This is not a real SF.com Technical position, more Support focused.

- Must be able to support Production issues.

- Must have excellent Communications skills and be very professional.

- Must be very customer focused.

- Willing to travel between LA and Irvine offices weekly.

For immediate consideration, please send your MS Word formatted resume to sbirt@comsys.com

Sharonda Birt, Recruiter

COMSYS IT Services

www.comsys.com

• November 06, 2008
I am trying to assign cases (tech support trouble tickets) based on the time of day if the case is created prior to 1pm ET it will go to one user after 1 PM ET to another.

There is a Case field CreatedDate which is a Date/Time field but not being a programmer by any means I can't find a formula that will produce a custom field that contains only the time created which I could then use to differentiate which user receives the query.

Grateful for any ideas.

• April 23, 2008
Is there a way to have a button in an email to approve an Approval process?  Or anyway to reply to the message with Approved and have it approved in SF?  How would I set this up if possible?
  • October 18, 2007
Hi, 

I have a custom button in a login flow that needs to navigate to an external website. Below is the code I have for the component and controller, but I think the button needs to redirect to a new tab and open the URL there (the button doesn't navigate the user anywhere). 

Component
<aura:component implements="lightning:availableForFlowScreens" access="global">

<lightning:button variant="brand" label="Find My Closer" title="Find My Closer" onclick="{! c.navigate }" />

</aura:component>

Controller:
({
    navigate  : function(component, event, helper) {

var urlEvent = $A.get("e.force:navigateToURL");
        urlEvent.setParams({
            "url": 'https://www.google.com'
        });
        urlEvent.fire();
    }
})
Any help is appreciated.