• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I wish to show data from an external site on the Lead detail page. I have managed to create a custom link and  associate it to an S-Control which fetches the data from the URL. I have added this link on the Page layout for Lead detail, but it shows the data on a different page.

Is there any way to show it on the same page as that of the Lead detail? Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

TIA,

- Shashank

• April 13, 2009

Is there any programmatic way to add customized buttons to the standard Lead detail page using Apex?

I can do it manually (Setup > Customize > Leads > Buttons & Links and then ... Leads > Page Layouts). But that makes it inconvenient if I want to package my code as an AppExchange app.

Any hints will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Shashank

• April 02, 2009

Hi,

I am submitting a form using S-Control, and every time I click on "submit" button, an alert pops up twice saying:

-----------------------------

This is a non-secure form.

This form will be sent in a way that is not secure. Are you sure you want to send it? 

[Cancel] [Send]

How do I get rid of these pop-ups?

I am on Mac using Safari.

Thanks in advance,

- Shashank 

• April 02, 2009
Hi,

I am using Ruby interface to the SOAP API on Mac OS X.

Things are working pretty fine for me (Ruby 1.8.6, soap4r (1.5.8), activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter (2.0.0)).

For some reason though I cannot seem to get the queryMore to work for me.  See lines 44-46 here:

http://pastie.org/247513

When I run this script I get the following:

$ ruby tst_query.rb
Account:  Fields = 106 Count = 556
"01g80000004iG1dAAE-200"
#<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x663f000>: INVALID_QUERY_LOCATOR: invalid query locator (SOAP::FaultError)

What am I missing?

I even tried this:
      qloc = resp.result.queryLocator
resp = obj.queryMore(QueryLocator.new(qloc))

But it says:

tst_query.rb:46: uninitialized constant QueryLocator (NameError)

Any suggestions?

TIA,

- Shashank

• August 05, 2008
Hi,

On my Mac OS, I gem installed the latest version of activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter (2.0.0) which is supposed to be compatible with Rails 2.0 and made the necessary changes to database.yml and configuration.rb as described in the README.

Tried running the empty shell and got NoMethod error as follows. What am I missing? My other non-SFDC apps are running fine under Rails 2.0.2:

$ ruby script/server
=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
=> Rails application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Starting Rails with development environment...
Exiting
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.2/lib/commands/servers/mongrel.rb:16: warning: already initialized constant OPTIONS
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.2/lib/commands/servers/mongrel.rb:19: undefined method `options' for []:Array (NoMethodError)
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in `gem_original_require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in `require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.2/lib/commands/server.rb:39
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
        from script/server:3

Hi All,

I wish to show data from an external site on the Lead detail page. I have managed to create a custom link and  associate it to an S-Control which fetches the data from the URL. I have added this link on the Page layout for Lead detail, but it shows the data on a different page.

Is there any way to show it on the same page as that of the Lead detail? Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

TIA,

- Shashank

• April 13, 2009

Hi,

I am submitting a form using S-Control, and every time I click on "submit" button, an alert pops up twice saying:

This is a non-secure form.

This form will be sent in a way that is not secure. Are you sure you want to send it? 

[Cancel] [Send]

How do I get rid of these pop-ups?

I am on Mac using Safari.

Thanks in advance,

- Shashank 

• April 02, 2009
Hi all,

I am a newbie to activesalesforce and I'm trying to get it running. I ran into the above error when I created a simple rails app and added a scaffold for 'Account' using:

script/generate scaffold account

so, I tried to run the unit tests and got the same error (Error details after env)

My env:

ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [universal-darwin9.0]

actionmailer (2.2.2, 2.0.2.9216, 2.0.2.9129, 2.0.2, 1.3.6, 1.3.3)
actionpack (2.2.2, 2.0.2.9216, 2.0.2.9129, 2.0.2, 1.13.6, 1.13.3)
actionwebservice (1.2.6, 1.2.3)
activerecord (2.2.2, 2.0.2.9216, 2.0.2.9129, 2.0.2, 1.15.6, 1.15.3)
activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter (2.0.0)
activeresource (2.2.2, 2.0.2.9216, 2.0.2.9129, 2.0.2)
activesupport (2.2.2, 2.0.2.9216, 2.0.2.9129, 2.0.2, 1.4.4, 1.4.2)

database config
adapter: activesalesforce
username: <removed>
password: <removed>

I've tried with and w/o URLs specified (https://test.salesforce.com doesn't work for me).

Error details:

The log shows
Starting test 'AsfUnitTestsBasicTest.test_add_notes_to_contact'
   Created one-to-one relationship 'master_record' from Contact to Contact using master_record_id
   Creating ActiveRecord stub for the referenced entity 'Account'
E

The exception is:
  1) Error:
test_add_notes_to_contact(Asf::UnitTests::BasicTest):
NoMethodError: undefined method `connection=' for #<Class:0x19b0a90>
    /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:1833:in `method_missing
'
    /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter-2.0.0/lib/active_record/connec
tion_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:698:in `configure_active_record'
    /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-activesalesforce-adapter-2.0.0/lib/active_record/connec
tion_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:672:in `each'
tion_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:672:in `configure_active_record'
tion_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:649:in `get_entity_def'
tion_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:764:in `lookup'
tion_adapters/activesalesforce_adapter.rb:717:in `columns'
    /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:1220:in `columns'
    /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2839:in `attributes_fro
m_column_definition_without_lock'
    /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/locking/optimistic.rb:55:in `at
tributes_from_column_definition'
    /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/base.rb:2279:in `initialize'
    unit/basic_test.rb:56:in `new'
    unit/basic_test.rb:56:in `setup'

Note that the above is essentially the same when I try to access the accounts listing from my rails app, with the expected variations in the backtrace

With the rails app, if I generate the model class for XXXX (using script/generate model XXXX) for the object referred to in the log statement "Creating ActiveRecord stub for the referenced entity 'XXXXX'", the code will proceed further and fail identically but refer to another entity. After enough model classes are generated (to satisfy all associations, I guess), the code does work. But I realized after more research that ASF should handle all that for me. Somehow it doesn't.

I know I'm missing something, but don't know what. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vijay

Message Edited by vijayn on 12-01-2008 03:20 PM
  • December 01, 2008