• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello!

I cannot find anything in your help pages referring to this so I logged a case. They couldn't answer, they said the question required a hire level of expertise, and suggested I post here. 

I would like to know how to reference a field in another object record within the same account.

I have a formula in a custom field that is calculated to give value to one of my fields in the ASSET object. It figures out that if the expiration date for an asset is greater than TODAY() then it is covered under the support agreement, else it's not. This is the formula:
IF( Expiration_Date__c > TODAY() , "Yes", "No")

That's great, but the expiration dates that I want to upload will not be manually entered in the asset.
There will be a field in a contract that defines the expiration date
We have an object called CONTRACT where these details are uploaded.  Within the same account (that owns the asset) I want to use the expiration date defined in a field in the contract record.

I want to grab the value of Expiration_Date_c in a CONTRACT record if there is not one in Expiration_Date_c in the ASSET record and execute my IF statement.

In the forumula above, Expiration_Date_c comes from the ASSET object not the CONTRACT object within the same account. I want to connect the two in a new formula.
That formula should read, in pseudo code:

IF ASSET.Expiration_Date_c != <Blank> then
IF( ASSET.Expiration_Date__c > TODAY() then Yes else No)
Else
IF( CONTRACT.Expiration_Date__c > TODAY() then Yes else No)
Else
No

How can I do this?
Thanks,
Constantine
Hello!

I cannot find anything in your help pages referring to this so I logged a case. They couldn't answer, they said the question required a hire level of expertise, and suggested I post here. 

I would like to know how to reference a field in another object record within the same account.

I have a formula in a custom field that is calculated to give value to one of my fields in the ASSET object. It figures out that if the expiration date for an asset is greater than TODAY() then it is covered under the support agreement, else it's not. This is the formula:

That's great, but the expiration dates that I want to upload will not be manually entered in the asset.
We have an object called CONTRACT where these details are uploaded.  Within the same account (that owns the asset) I want to use the expiration date defined in a field in the contract record.

I want to grab the value of Expiration_Date_c in a CONTRACT record if there is not one in Expiration_Date_c in the ASSET record and execute my IF statement.

In the forumula above, Expiration_Date_c comes from the ASSET object not the CONTRACT object within the same account. I want to connect the two in a new formula.

Else
Else
No

How can I do this?
Thanks,
Constantine
Hello!

Else
Else
No

How can I do this?
Thanks,
Constantine
Hello!

Else
Else
No

How can I do this?
Thanks,
Constantine