• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi - I have a number of fields on a custom object that have the same drop-down list. Is there a way to have multiple fields select from the same drop-down list in salesforce? I realize I could create another object and create a lookup field but I'd prefer to have a drop-down list. Can anyone help?

Hi - whenever I create a custom object and have a standard lookup field in the object I'm always at a loss as to how to include a 'Create New Record' or 'New' button. I am, of course, referring to the popup window that appears when clicking the lookup icon next to a lookup field. Can anyone help?
Hi -

I have created a custom object called Customer Projects and a required* lookup field in Cases pointing to this object. My question is: how do I limit the lookup or search results to those Customer Projects that are associated w/ the Account associated w/ a Case.

Does this make sense? Please help.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi - First time posting. I need to figure out a way to prevent duplicate record entries.

Firstly, I have created 2 custom objects:

1) Customer Project (Master)
2) Customer Project Team Assignments (Detail)

I need to create a validation rule or workflow rule to restrict a user from selecting a Contact on the Customer Project Team Assignment object that is already associated w/ the same Customer Project object.

The Contact can however be associated w/ different Customer Projects just no duplicates for a single Customer Project.

Does this make sense? Can anyone help? Please ask questions if I've left out some critical information.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi - I have a number of fields on a custom object that have the same drop-down list. Is there a way to have multiple fields select from the same drop-down list in salesforce? I realize I could create another object and create a lookup field but I'd prefer to have a drop-down list. Can anyone help?

Hi - whenever I create a custom object and have a standard lookup field in the object I'm always at a loss as to how to include a 'Create New Record' or 'New' button. I am, of course, referring to the popup window that appears when clicking the lookup icon next to a lookup field. Can anyone help?