• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Why does creating an Asset require a Contact or an Account?  I can understand the desire to connect the particular instance of the Asset with either of those two entities, but in our case, we use some custom objects that enable that type of traceability.  Is it possible to turn off that rule?

Thanks,
Chris
Hi all,

I've successfully used the Metadata API to create two custom objects, one a parent, and one a child with a reference field of type Lookup pointing at the parent.  I am able using the Salesforce UI to populate that child's reference field to the parent, however I am getting a "MALFORMED_ID", "id value of incorrect type" error when doing it using the Partner API.  Is there somethign special I need to do when creating the reference field's MessageElement object?

Thanks,
Chris

Message Edited by chris04 on 07-10-2008 12:20 PM

Message Edited by chris04 on 07-10-2008 12:21 PM
Hi all,

I've successfully used the Metadata API to create two custom objects, one a parent, and one a child with a reference field of type Lookup pointing at the parent.  I am able using the Salesforce UI to populate that child's reference field to the parent, however I am getting a "MALFORMED_ID", "id value of incorrect type" error when doing it using the Partner API.  Is there somethign special I need to do when creating the reference field's MessageElement object?

Thanks,
Chris

Message Edited by chris04 on 07-10-2008 12:20 PM

Message Edited by chris04 on 07-10-2008 12:21 PM
Hi everyone,
I've build a custom tab through Metadata API. Now, I can see it into custom tab list in may Salesforce Account but I cannot make it visible in all my applications. How can I set the tab visibility through Metadata API?

thank's a lot,
Emanuela