• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a s-control button that creates a new task when clicked. I also want it to auto populate a custom picklist field when the task is created.

The code I have written is below, does anyone know what code I need to include to populate a custom field via this s-control? If this is not possible do you have any other suggestions?

/00T/e?followup=1&title=Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Account.Id}&tsk5=Left+Voice+Mail&tsk6=Left+a+voicemail+for+{!Contact.Name}

&tsk5_fu=Give+{!Contact.Name}+at+{!Account.Name}+a+followup+call&tsk4_fu={!TODAY()+2}&save=x

Also, is there any specific reason I would want to do this with apex code rather than an s-control, if so any tips on how to get started. I have yet to implement any serious Apex code.

Thanks!

I have a s-control button that creates a new task when clicked. I also want it to auto populate a custom picklist field when the task is created.

The code I have written is below, does anyone know what code I need to include to populate a custom field via this s-control? If this is not possible do you have any other suggestions?

/00T/e?followup=1&title=Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Account.Id}&tsk5=Left+Voice+Mail&tsk6=Left+a+voicemail+for+{!Contact.Name}

&tsk5_fu=Give+{!Contact.Name}+at+{!Account.Name}+a+followup+call&tsk4_fu={!TODAY()+2}&save=x

Also, is there any specific reason I would want to do this with apex code rather than an s-control, if so any tips on how to get started. I have yet to implement any serious Apex code.

Thanks!