• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am developing a sample Flex app in Force.com, which seems have problem to reach some standard objects like Product2 and Lead; but the same code ok with others like User and Account. (I was using SessionId to login.)

Thanks for your help!

~K.F.

Here is the error message, while try Query Lead: 

(com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  context = (null)
  detail = (Object)#1
    InvalidSObjectFault = (Object)#2
      column = 52
      exceptionCode = "INVALID_TYPE"
      exceptionMessage = "
LastName,Id, Email, Company from Lead
                                 ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:52
sObject type 'Lead' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."
      row = 1
      xsi:type = "sf:InvalidSObjectFault"
  faultcode = "sf:INVALID_TYPE"
  faultstring = "INVALID_TYPE:
                                 ^
sObject type 'Lead' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

Hi all,

I am developing a sample Flex app in Force.com, which seems have problem to reach some standard objects like Product2 and Lead; but the same code ok with others like User and Account. (I was using SessionId to login.)

Thanks for your help!

~K.F.

Here is the error message, while try Query Lead: 

(com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  context = (null)
  detail = (Object)#1
    InvalidSObjectFault = (Object)#2
      column = 52
      exceptionCode = "INVALID_TYPE"
      exceptionMessage = "
                                 ^
      row = 1
      xsi:type = "sf:InvalidSObjectFault"
  faultcode = "sf:INVALID_TYPE"
  faultstring = "INVALID_TYPE:
                                 ^

Using a C# receiver we currently are executing an Apex class using a user name and password. This is working as planned and the login code segment is below:
Code:
SForce.SforceService sfdc = new SForce.SforceService();
SForce.LoginResult lr = sfdc.login("un@acme.com", "passwordU6RQC66T6hpZTuaY960FX3QvS");

Instead of using user credentials, we'd like to execute the same Apex class with the Session id that is being passed in the outbound message. When we make the change to the code segment we are finding that the Apex class does not execute. The login code segment is below: 
Code:
String strSessionID = notifications1.SessionId;
SForce.LoginResult lr = new LoginResult();
lr.sessionId = strSessionID;
lr.serverUrl = https://cs2.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp;

Are there any omissions in the sesson id code segment (above) that would prevent us from executing the Apex class? Welcome the thoughts and comments.
Is it possible to access the functionality of the Lead Convert button without overriding the button itself, if I want to provide an alternative way to handle certain business processes?

Is it simply a matter of taking the Lead Id from the Lead and redirecting to the 1st conversion page?
Code:
https://na5.salesforce.com/lead/leadconvert.jsp—retURL=%2F(LeadId)&id=(LeadId)

// parens inserted in above ^ line for emphasis only; no actual need for them

There are a few steps to update some fields in the Lead before I passed it on, but otherwise it's just a standard process.

I suppose one option would be to override the Convert button and call it 'Accept/Convert', and depending on whether 'Submitted' = True, I either do my update and then convert, or just convert.

For those Sales Reps who aren't affected, though, I'd rather not have to explain what 'Accept/Convert' is; I'd rather just say "You guys just ignore the new 'Accept Lead' button; you,on the other hand, need to use this new process.'

Thanks!

Is there a way that custom apex class WSDL to be  part of enterprise or partner WSDL? If not, can someone kindly let me know once the code is generated from WSDL, how can we call methods directly without logging in? I dont see any header properties that can be set on generated stub to support login.

• May 13, 2008