• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I have a custom button in "leads" tab. When a user clicks it I want the "Account" tab to become active. Any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks
Ghanashyam
Hi,
I am developing an application in VB.NET. Within this application, I am trying to query the Opportunity object and return the result. When I attempt to run this code, I get the following error...

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

Can someone tell me how to address this issue?

Thanks
Ganesh

Hi,
I created a package and included two apex classes in it. When I tried to upload I am getting an error "No testMethods found in the selected Apex code for the package". Not sure how to handle this error. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Hi,
I have setup a work flow based on 'opportunity product'. I want to add a time based trigger to this workflow based on a field in 'opportunity'. However when I tried to do the same, the drop down box in the time trigger displays only the fields related to 'opportunity product' and not 'opportunity'. Can you please let me know how to get opportunity fields here?

Many thanks
Ganesh

Hi,
I am currently working on a case page. I have a field called 'Status' that by default is set to value 'Normal'. After 24 hours, for all cases that are not resolved,  I want to automatically set the status  to 'Warning'.
After 48 hours the status of all cases not resolved must be automatically set to 'Critical'.

I created two time dependent triggers, one for setting to 'warning' after 24 hrs and another for 'critical' after 48 hrs.  For both, I set the evaluation criteria as "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria" and the trigger point as "24 hours after Case:Date/time opened" and "48 hours after Case:Date/time opened" respectively.

The following is what happens....
1) The status of the cases remain at "Normal" and I have to MANUALLY open one of the records to trigger the status change to 'Warning'.
2) The status never gets updated to Critical

Can someone let me know how to achieve my objective.

Thanks
Shyam

Hi,
I tried to find some examples of an AJAX call from picklist whenever a value is selected. I couldn't find any code in the developer's guide. Can someone provide me an example

Thanks in advance.

Ghanashyam
Hi,
I understand that by default only the first row of dashboards gets displayed in the Home tab. Is there any way to display more than one dashboard row in Home tab?

Thanks

Ghanashyam
Hi,
I understand that by default one the first row of dashboard gets displayed in home tab. Is there any way to show multiple dashboard rows?

Thanks

Ghanashyam
Hi,
I have a picklist field with some values in a visualforce page. I want to make an AJAX request to the detail section(below) as and when a picklist value is selected.
<apex:outputpanel>
<apex:actionsupport event="onclick" rerender="resultPanel">
                   <apex:param name="enqtype" value="{!case.Enquiry_Type__c}"></apex:param>
</apex:actionsupport>
</apex:outputpanel>

In the same visualforce page, when I tried to use the selected picklist value( as shown in the following code), it returns blank value.

<apex:column headerValue="Email">{!$CurrentPage.parameters.enqtype} &nbsp; </apex:column>
In the following code in Custom Controller class the expression ":ApexPages.CurrentPage().getParameters().get('enqtype')" doesn't resolve to the selected picklist value and returns blank value as well.

cases = [select id, CreatedDate,SuppliedEmail,Suppliedname,description,enquiry_type__c from Case
                     where enquiry_type__c = :ApexPages.CurrentPage().getParameters().get('enqtype')];

Can someone enlighten me on why I get blank values. Thank you

Ghanashyam

Hi,
I am currently developing a 'Contact Us' form using Visual force. I have two related fields in the form - a picklist field and an email text area field.
The picklist fields must be loaded with the names of email templates. And if an email template name is selected, the corresponding email template contents should be automatically rendered and populated in email text area field. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Ghanashyam

Hi,
The following is a snippet of code I got from the VisualForce manual.
public class dataTableCon {
    List<Account> accounts;
    public List<Account> getAccounts() {
        if(accounts == null) accounts = [select name, owner.name from account];
        return accounts;
    }
}

I understand that the method getAccounts() reads the account information and stores them in an account list namely accounts.

Similarly is it possible to read a list of 'case' information and store them in a case list? I mean... can someone tell me the equivalent of the below code... I tried the same and it didn't work:(!

List<Case> cases;
    public List<Case> getCases() {
        if(cases == null) cases = [select CaseNumber, ContactId from Case];
        return cases;
    }
}

Many thanks

Ghanashyam

Hi,
I am trying to access the COUNT of the number of 'cases' using a 'script' in a Visualforce page. Is there any function to achieve this? Many thanks.

Ghanashyam
In a Visualforce code, I tried to access a STANDARD field called Owner as follows
<apex:inputText value="{!case.owner}"></apex:inputText>

When I tried saving it, I got the following error message

"Error: ; nested exception is: common.exception.ApiQueryException: currencyisocode, description, id, owner, priority, status, type FROM ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:42 No such column 'owner' on entity 'Case'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

I checked the permissions and it seems fine. The field I am trying to use is a standard field, hence I don't have to suffix it with __c.

I get similar errors with some other standard fields as well. Please let me what needs to be done to access these fields
We are looking for highly skilled developers with experience building complex applications for ISV partners.  For any developers interested, please send a private message with your contact info and any additional info about yourself and experience that you would like to share with us.  Thank you.

Hi,
I created a package and included two apex classes in it. When I tried to upload I am getting an error "No testMethods found in the selected Apex code for the package". Not sure how to handle this error. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Ganesh

I'm creating an Apex class in which I need to read an Account Name slected by user. the issue is i am not able to find a way to read form field values. I know we can read the url parameters in Apex classes but i need to read the sleceted account name on the form in my apex code. can anyone help me achieve this? thanks.
Hi,
I tried to find some examples of an AJAX call from picklist whenever a value is selected. I couldn't find any code in the developer's guide. Can someone provide me an example

Thanks in advance.

Ghanashyam
Hi,
I understand that by default one the first row of dashboard gets displayed in home tab. Is there any way to show multiple dashboard rows?

Thanks

Ghanashyam
Hi,
I have a picklist field with some values in a visualforce page. I want to make an AJAX request to the detail section(below) as and when a picklist value is selected.
<apex:outputpanel>
<apex:actionsupport event="onclick" rerender="resultPanel">
                   <apex:param name="enqtype" value="{!case.Enquiry_Type__c}"></apex:param>
</apex:actionsupport>
</apex:outputpanel>

In the same visualforce page, when I tried to use the selected picklist value( as shown in the following code), it returns blank value.

<apex:column headerValue="Email">{!$CurrentPage.parameters.enqtype} &nbsp; </apex:column>
In the following code in Custom Controller class the expression ":ApexPages.CurrentPage().getParameters().get('enqtype')" doesn't resolve to the selected picklist value and returns blank value as well.

cases = [select id, CreatedDate,SuppliedEmail,Suppliedname,description,enquiry_type__c from Case
                     where enquiry_type__c = :ApexPages.CurrentPage().getParameters().get('enqtype')];

Can someone enlighten me on why I get blank values. Thank you

Ghanashyam

Hi,
The following is a snippet of code I got from the VisualForce manual.
    List<Account> accounts;
    public List<Account> getAccounts() {
        if(accounts == null) accounts = [select name, owner.name from account];
        return accounts;
    }
}

I understand that the method getAccounts() reads the account information and stores them in an account list namely accounts.

Similarly is it possible to read a list of 'case' information and store them in a case list? I mean... can someone tell me the equivalent of the below code... I tried the same and it didn't work:(!

List<Case> cases;
    public List<Case> getCases() {
        if(cases == null) cases = [select CaseNumber, ContactId from Case];
        return cases;
    }
}

Many thanks

Ghanashyam

Hi,
I am trying to access the COUNT of the number of 'cases' using a 'script' in a Visualforce page. Is there any function to achieve this? Many thanks.

Ghanashyam
In a Visualforce code, I tried to access a STANDARD field called Owner as follows
<apex:inputText value="{!case.owner}"></apex:inputText>

When I tried saving it, I got the following error message

"Error: ; nested exception is: common.exception.ApiQueryException: currencyisocode, description, id, owner, priority, status, type FROM ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:42 No such column 'owner' on entity 'Case'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

I checked the permissions and it seems fine. The field I am trying to use is a standard field, hence I don't have to suffix it with __c.

I get similar errors with some other standard fields as well. Please let me what needs to be done to access these fields