• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
This is driving me crazy! I have come to the Excel Connector because I needed a bi-directional data tool so I can correct some text errors in the lead source fields of converted leads. I understand that Data Loader is available in EE but I have PE so I thought this would be the answer. However, when I attempted to edit the data I get an error message that says, "Update Row Failed: cannot reference converted lead."

Am I correctly understanding that the Excel Connector will update any data in SF except data in a converted lead???????? Why is this data so guarded that it appears to be impossible to edit any textual info that has no formulas or logic running against it? I have some lead sources from previous months that are incorrect and they skew my report and require me to manually correct them every time.; Simple things like a lead source of "ASP 2008" should be "ASP 0208". I don't want to delete the converted lead and then convert a corrected lead because it will throw off the date of the conversion and break the connection with the existing opportunity. There must be a way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:32 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:34 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:50 PM
This is driving me crazy! I have come to the Excel Connector because I needed a bi-directional data tool so I can correct some text errors in the lead source fields of converted leads. I understand that Data Loader is available in EE but I have PE so I thought this would be the answer. However, when I attempted to edit the data I get an error message that says, "Update Row Failed: cannot reference converted lead."

Am I correctly understanding that the Excel Connector will update any data in SF except data in a converted lead???????? Why is this data so guarded that it appears to be impossible to edit any textual info that has no formulas or logic running against it? I have some lead sources from previous months that are incorrect and they skew my report and require me to manually correct them every time.; Simple things like a lead source of "ASP 2008" should be "ASP 0208". I don't want to delete the converted lead and then convert a corrected lead because it will throw off the date of the conversion and break the connection with the existing opportunity. There must be a way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:32 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:34 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:50 PM
I know I can't access the recycle bin via the API. However, is there a property on a lead that can be checked  via the API to see if a lead is in the recycle bin? When I query for leads, the leads that are in the recycle bin are returned.

Thanks,
Chad