• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Our app has a custom object that includes a lookup relationship field for Salesforce User.  When the object has exactly one record, and the user specified in the Salesforce User field is not the same as the logged in user, a query returns no records.  It should return the one record, whether the logged in user matches the field or not. After logging in as the user on the record, the query correctly returns the single record.  If the object has more than one record, all records are returned, even if no record has a user matching the logged in user.

Has anyone else seen a problem like this?  If so, how did you get around it?

Our app includes a trigger Add_Update_Delete_CampaignMember_Trigger on CampaignMember (after insert, after delete).  It works fine when a camapign member is deleted.  However, when the contact in the campaign is deleted, which also deletes their campaign membership(s), the trigger does not fire.  Is this considered a cascading delete?

Does anyone have any ideas for a work around?

We have a managed package that tests OK in its developer org, but exhibits problems in a test org that we got from Partnerforce. We need to see system.debug messages, but they do not appear in any log. The test case shows system.debug messages in the developer org logs, but not in the test org..

I tried accessing the test org from our LMA org. I have heard that will show me the debug messages because I am accessing the org as the ISV, but I still do not see the messages. I have overridden the log filters in the Apex classes in the test org to show me debug information, but that does not work either.  Do I need to anything else to see the messages?

I would rather see the messages by logging in directly to the test org, rather having our engineers come through or LMA org. Has anyone gotten that to work?

We have a managed app that can access one of many servers external to Salesforce. The external servers include a "Salesforce set up" java server page, where we want the server to create remote site setting(s) referring to itself and possibly other servers. It looks like we could do this with a Metadata API create() call, but most Salesforce documentation says that remote site settings must be created via the page under Setup, Security Controls. Has anyone created remote site settings via the API, or found that it's not possible?

We want to avoid asking the admin to set up the remote site setting, or creating remote site settings for all possible servers, which will grow and become more difficult to manage.

We have an application on a server making Java API calls. It routinely calls describeSObject many times a day. Today we got ten exceptions saying, 'Attribute "actor" bound to namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" was already specified for element "ns4728:CallOptions". ' I have included the stack trace below.

Has anyone else seen this? What would remedy this problem?

Code:
Attribute "actor" bound to namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" was already specified for element "ns4728:CallOptions". org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222) 
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129) 
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227) 
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696) 
org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435) 
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62) 
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812) 
com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.describeSObject(SoapBindingStub.java:2041)

When we went to a managed app, I did the following:
  1. Created a package for the app in the original DE org
  2. Set up a new DE org to contain the managed app
  3. Installed the package created in step 1 in the new DE org
  4. Created the managed app from the same package items from the installed app
So my managed DE org contains the managed package and the original installed package. This was not a problem until I tried to create a new project for teh managed app in the force.com IDE. It complains about the duplicate packages. I would like to uninstall the original package, but do not want to delete the items within it used by the managed app. 

Does anyone know how I can delete just the package and leave its items intact?
One of our testers cannot install our app. She gets an error page saying,

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again.
None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should be affected by this error.
If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels."

We tried the installation several times and continued to get the error, so we opened a case (01995111) on July 18 through the Appexchange. Support has not yet found a solution.

Has anyone out there seen this problem? If you have discovered a solution, I'd love to see it.

Our app has a custom object that includes a lookup relationship field for Salesforce User.  When the object has exactly one record, and the user specified in the Salesforce User field is not the same as the logged in user, a query returns no records.  It should return the one record, whether the logged in user matches the field or not. After logging in as the user on the record, the query correctly returns the single record.  If the object has more than one record, all records are returned, even if no record has a user matching the logged in user.

Has anyone else seen a problem like this?  If so, how did you get around it?

We have a managed package that tests OK in its developer org, but exhibits problems in a test org that we got from Partnerforce. We need to see system.debug messages, but they do not appear in any log. The test case shows system.debug messages in the developer org logs, but not in the test org..

I tried accessing the test org from our LMA org. I have heard that will show me the debug messages because I am accessing the org as the ISV, but I still do not see the messages. I have overridden the log filters in the Apex classes in the test org to show me debug information, but that does not work either.  Do I need to anything else to see the messages?

I would rather see the messages by logging in directly to the test org, rather having our engineers come through or LMA org. Has anyone gotten that to work?

I'm attempting to install a package into a sandbox org and I'm getting this weird error:

Problem: No clean data columns available for custom fields.

Component: (PCKG__MyObject__c.Custom_Field__c)

Details: No clean data columns available for custom fields.

I tried blanking out all the Custom_Field__c fields but that didn't help. Any ideas what's going on now?! Thanks.

I updated my version of firefox to 3.6. 

After the updated I notice a strange behavior on visual force pages while in developer mode. 

When I go to a visual force page for the first time it displays a white screen.  No borders no heading nothing a completely white page. 

I hit refresh then the page displays correctly.  This was not happening in version 3.5 of firefox.  Has anyone else experianced any strange behavior with VF pages in Firefox 3.6

When not on developer mode the page renders correctly.

Thanks

• February 03, 2010

Hi All,

I'm the Product Manager for packaging here at salesforce.com.  We're currently working on a feature that would allow fields and objects to be removed from managed packages.  This is a popular request and something we're hoping to deliver very soon, but we need your help.  Please respond to this post with any thoughts around this topic.  I've included a few questions to get the conversation going:

• Why do you want to remove these?  No longer used?  Customers didn't like them?  Replace with a new field?
  • When you deprecate a field/object, what should happen for existing customers?  New customers?
  • Would you have to remove all usage of a field/object in your app before you can deprecate it?  What happens if you've included the field in another formula field, etc?  
Thanks for your time and input!
Message Edited by A_Smith on 02-20-2009 05:55 PM
We have an application on a server making Java API calls. It routinely calls describeSObject many times a day. Today we got ten exceptions saying, 'Attribute "actor" bound to namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" was already specified for element "ns4728:CallOptions". ' I have included the stack trace below.

Has anyone else seen this? What would remedy this problem?

Code:
Attribute "actor" bound to namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" was already specified for element "ns4728:CallOptions". org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222) 
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129) 
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227) 
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696) 
org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435) 
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62) 
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812) 
com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.describeSObject(SoapBindingStub.java:2041)

Our developer org storage usage has been exceeded, and we can't figure out why. We have two MB available and currently have 2.1 MB stored in Record Type 'Documents'. We have deleted everything from this org so that the other record types such as Accounts, contacts, cases etc have nothing in them. We have searched for this document via the interface and via the Schema in Eclipse, and cannot find anything.  I think that the sample 'Recruiting App' was once uploaded to this org, and that is what is causing the problem.

Is there anybody who knows what this document is and how we can get rid of it?

Thanks,
Andy
  • September 05, 2008
One of our testers cannot install our app. She gets an error page saying,

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again.
None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should be affected by this error.
If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels."

We tried the installation several times and continued to get the error, so we opened a case (01995111) on July 18 through the Appexchange. Support has not yet found a solution.

Has anyone out there seen this problem? If you have discovered a solution, I'd love to see it.
Today, I tried uninstalling a trial version of an app that I got off of AppExchange. The uninstallation appears to have gotten stuck in the "pending" state. I noticed this same behavior in two other Salesforce instances with a different app yesterday. In those cases, the uninstall has now been in the pending state for about 18 hours. Is it normal for an uninstall to take this long? Has anyone else seen this?
  • July 25, 2008
Here is part of the subroutine:

my $self       = shift;
        my $changelist = shift;
        my $sObject_type = 'ADM_Work__c';

if( $self->{_p4status} eq $GUS::OPEN_ONCE ) {

print "\n\n ----------------------------------------------------------------------\n";
            print "$sObject_type, id => " . $self->{_id} . ", Perforce_Status__c => $GUS::NONE)";
            print "\n\n ----------------------------------------------------------------------\n";

my $result = $self->{_sfdc}->update(type => $sObject_type, id => $self->{_id}, Perforce_Status__c => $GUS::NONE);

if ($result->valueof("//updateResponse/result/success") ne 'true') {
                # log problem here
                print "unable to update p4 status";
            } else {
                $self->{_p4status} = $GUS::NONE;
            }

Here is the output:
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
ADM_Work__c, id => a0HT0000000KIZbMAO, Perforce_Status__c => --None--)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Type looks to be getting set from the print statement output??
Hi,

Simple question here.

I have a related list- onclick javascript custom button and I want to use the urlfor function to view the record selected in the related list (after it performs some operations).

Problem is, I can't seem to pass the Id of the record I want to view, because it seems like the urlfor function will only accept merge fields.  Is there any way to get around this?

I have a variable containing the Id I want to open, how can I get it into the urlfor function?

Thanks,
Dave
  • September 29, 2007