• 50 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I use account hierarchies and have PARENT accounts which have multiple CHILD accounts.

The PARENT account contains a custom field which is only displayed on the parent level. How can I pull this field into the CHILD accounts to be displayed?

Also, is there any way to include this field in any of the reports for CHILD accounts? 

Hi,

We receive signed agreement documents from our customers.  We have a quota of 10 documents received per week.  We track the date of receipt of each document. I can generate a report to show the cumulative documents received by week.  I'm not sure how to generate a chart that shows, on a weekly basis, the difference between the cumulative documents received and the cumulative goal.   Do I need to use custom summary formulas for this?  

Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks.

Message Edited by aaustin on 02-02-2009 09:24 AM
I am creating an HTML email template and inserting our logo, what I want to happen is when they click the logo that it brings them to our website. Is this possible? If so, can anyone post instructions on how to do this?

Salesforce has a limitation of 40 Characters on Picklist Values, however ours has more any workaround on this one?

When Sending an Email from a Case we want to enforce that it uses a "Department Email" such as

support@salesforce.com, can this be done with coding and if so does anyone have the code?

I have been coordinating CRM activities for over 10 years now, however I was recently laid off so I am seeking a full-time position within the Salesforce.com avenue. I was employed with the same company for 13 years and have a strong work ethic. My email is callery_renee@yahoo.com. Renee Callery

We would like to write a validation rule that everytime someone changes a Case Status they have to put in a comment. Can this be done?
We have several stages of cases and we want to require each time they hit a stage they have to update the Case Comments, can this be done easily?

I have three fields Field A Field B and Field C

If Field  A is True then Field B is Required otherwise if Field A is False then Field C is Required. Can someone please tell me how to correctly write the formula, thanks.

Hello All,

I would like to build a Visual Force Calendar that would show me all My Projects (currently created as a Case in SFDC). However, I have never done one so what I would like is someone to do this project with me via web-ex so I can essentially learn how to build this Visual Force page. If anyone is interested please respond with rates?

Thanks!

Hello All,

I need to write a validation rule that the Commit Date can not be changed once a case goes into Status = Develop.

Anyway to do this?

Please, thank you and Happy Holidays!:smileyhappy:
Hello All,

When I close a case I want the Case Status field to update to Closed automatically. Any chance anyone can send me the code to create a New Close Case button that will do that or adjust the current one?

Renee
I am interested in taking my Salesforce.com knowledge to the next level. Currently I would consider myself a strong administrator with no experience in programming or s-controls. How can I get started and what is the best courses to take? I want to learn APEX and Visualforce.
Hello All,

Can you use Excel Connector with all versions of Salesforce such as Group, Enterprise, etc.

I am keeping my fingers crossed :smileyindifferent:
:smileyvery-happy:

Hello All,
I would like to limit the amount of characters it allows in the Description Field that returns a warning if exceeding 255 characters, for a certain Record Type.
Can this be done, please help
I have a field called Type on My Case which contains 3 Values ROE, Interfirm and Nasdaq, and I have a custom object in which I want to bring the type field into when I create a new record. My new field will be called Type as well in the related object called rejections.

What would the ISPICKVAL formula look like? I can not write formulas!! Help please...
I am trying to self teach myself formulas and one basic question is why do the ( ) have to be placed in weird spots when writing a formula, can anyone explain the rule or reason of where/when they are placed? I am good at copying or borrowing formulas but I actually want to learn how to write them and the logic. Anyone know of any good training or offer training? 
So I am NEW at Advanced Formulas and found this formula that calculates weekend days which is great however, can I build onto this formula - What I am trying to accomplish

I have two fields Duration Propsect = Date it became a Prosect and Duration Opportunity = Date it became an Opportunity so then I created a field to say how many days passed, however that field gave me weekend days as well my original result was 5. Is there anyway I can use the formula below which returns just the weekend days then have it minus my two days above. I want to avoid creating another field to minus the weekend days.... Sorry if I am a complete idiot. :smileywink:

Prospect: 09/11/08
Opportunity: 09/15/2008

Duration: Takes the formula below which results as 2, but then takes the two dates about and calculates the duration so technically it would be 3 Days

CASE( MOD(  Duration_Prospect__c - DATE( 1985, 6, 24 ) , 7) , 0
, CASE( MOD(  Duration_Opportunity__c  - Duration_Prospect__c , 7 ),1,0,2,0,3,0,4,0,5,1,6,2,0 ), 1
, CASE( MOD( Duration_Opportunity__c- Duration_Prospect__c , 7 ),0,0,1,0,2,0,3,0,4,0,5,2,2 ), 2
, CASE( MOD( Duration_Opportunity__c- Duration_Prospect__c , 7 ),0,0,1,0,2,0,3,1,2), 3
, CASE( MOD( Duration_Opportunity__c- Duration_Prospect__c , 7 ),0,0,1,0,2,1,2), 4
, CASE( MOD( Duration_Opportunity__c- Duration_Prospect__c , 7 ),0,0,1,1,2), 5
, CASE( MOD( Duration_Opportunity__c- Duration_Prospect__c , 7 ),0,1,2), 6
, CASE( MOD( Duration_Opportunity__c - Duration_Prospect__c , 7 ),6,2,1)
, 666 )
+
( FLOOR( ( Duration_Opportunity__c - Duration_Prospect__c ) / 7 ) * 2 )
Hello All,

This has to do with formulas in report; I put field history tracking on Account Type, so everytime it moves it time stamps each stage. Now what I need is the duration between each type. For example we segment our data as follows;

Prospect
Opportunity
On-Boarding
Beta
Customer

In the history report I get all the date and times, however is there a way to get the duration right in the report or do I have to create fields on the Account Record itself?

Our company manages Accounts more so then Opportunities

I am ultimately trying to create a Funnel Report :smileywink:
When I create a report to include Case Comments it shows the case on the report (X however many comments there are as follows);

If I have 2 Case Comments the Case reports twice and the record count is 2. Even though the case is really (1) case.

Is there anyway to run a report by case with case comments and only have the case show up as one record

Hopefully there is an easy answer here, thanks
Hello All,

I am pretty advanced with Salesforce in some areas but I am trying to self teach myself Formulas and some advanced stuff with pretty much no programming back ground. I was wondering if anyone had any sample formulas that would help me achieve the following;

I need an alert that will basically color code a case record if it is one of the following;

Parent Case would be Color Coded Green
Child Case would be Color Coded Yellow

Maybe with just a circle or something. I have tried cutting and pasting some of the samples but keep getting errors.

The formula field would have to be on the Parent ID I assume. Could anyone help with how it may look, thanks
Help!!! Here is my scenario - I need to calculate in SECONDS a duration of time as follows;

Start Time:  2:01:25
End Time: 2:02:10
Duratation Start Time - End Time with Seconds

Can this be done and has anybody ever done it?
I am creating an HTML email template and inserting our logo, what I want to happen is when they click the logo that it brings them to our website. Is this possible? If so, can anyone post instructions on how to do this?

When Sending an Email from a Case we want to enforce that it uses a "Department Email" such as

support@salesforce.com, can this be done with coding and if so does anyone have the code?

Hi,

I have following problem,

i'm trying to create a workflow that will update Subject field in Task based on specific cretiria,

When i get to field update part, it gives me 2 options

blank value

and formula editor

if i use formula editor and put this value in "First Contact"

i get this error

Error: Formula result is data type (Text), incompatible with expected data type (Picklist).

i have this value in my pick list, but SF does not let me choose from pick list

also why woudl it require it? when i create new task via workflow i can put any Subject i like

can anyone help please

• March 03, 2009

I seem to hit a wall everytime i try to 'update selected cells' where the selected cells are custom fields with 'number' as type. The error is completely generic saying : "Object required".

I'm sure i have the correct structure and what not seeing as how i loaded the table using the 'Table query wizard'. I can update all the other custom fields that i've tried except for 'number' types.

I also find it strange that i can 'insert' a new row and the custom number fields take the value without a hitch, updating is where the problem is at.

Can anyone tell me if i'm missing something or if there is a work around for this.

Thanks

• February 25, 2009

When converting a Lead, is there a way to setup a rule to automatically check the box "Do not create a new opportunity upon conversion"?

Thanks,

E

• February 24, 2009

Hi.

I am trying to convert a datetime value to milliseconds on a formula I making. Anyone has done it or any ideas? Much appreciate the help and thanks.

I have three fields Field A Field B and Field C

If Field  A is True then Field B is Required otherwise if Field A is False then Field C is Required. Can someone please tell me how to correctly write the formula, thanks.

Hi, again.

Is it possible to integrate the territory name into a mail merge document? If so, how?

Thanks!

• February 16, 2009

Hello,

I hope that this is the correct discussion area for this question.

I would like to be able to group contacts in a view based on the Account Type of the contact's account record.  Unfortunately, Account Type is not one of the available fields in the Filter By Additional Fields drop down box (although several Account fields are there). 

Is it possible to add Account Type to that list of drop down fields?

Thanks for any and all help.

Bryan Hunt

• February 16, 2009

Hi Everyone

This is probably an obvious one but I'm trying to report on a historical snap of the Expected revenue at the Opportunity level ie. month what was the expected revenue for the all the open Opportunities at the time.

I can do this easily in the present but I can't get an idea of what it was this time last year.

Any ideas anyone... sounds too simple not to be doable but how would you even summarise this report - last modified? :smileysad:

Whenever a new lead is entered, I want to see new tasks being created automatically and assigned to the lead owner. How can I do this in the Professional Edition?

Thanks.

I have a custom object that includes an Account Lookup.  I want to display the email address of the Person Account using a Formula Field on the custom object.  Ultimately, I want to be able create a Workflow Alert, sending an Email to the Person Account when the custom object is updated.  Is this possible?  Workaround?

Thanks

Mark

Beaverton, Oregon

Hi,

We receive signed agreement documents from our customers.  We have a quota of 10 documents received per week.  We track the date of receipt of each document. I can generate a report to show the cumulative documents received by week.  I'm not sure how to generate a chart that shows, on a weekly basis, the difference between the cumulative documents received and the cumulative goal.   Do I need to use custom summary formulas for this?  

Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks.

Message Edited by aaustin on 02-02-2009 09:24 AM
Hi, Where can I download a copy of the Excel Connector for the Professional Edition of SFDC? I used EC at my previous company and love it, but can find it under the app exchange anylonger.
Thanks,
elizabeth
Hello All,

When I close a case I want the Case Status field to update to Closed automatically. Any chance anyone can send me the code to create a New Close Case button that will do that or adjust the current one?

Renee