• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hi

I m new to generate reports. can u please explain the steps to generate forecast reports.

hi

i m new to generate reports. can u please tell me how to generate financial forecast reports and sale forecast reports.

Please help me

hi

can u please tell me how to generate forecast reports on Lead object or any other object other than Opportunity. is there any setting required to do this. Please help me.

hi

can u please give me code for getting listviewoptions in my own custom controller class. i have to implement this and then i go for sorting.

please help me

hi

Is it possible to assign a Map object to datatable in Visualforce page from Controller. till now i am able to assign a list to datatable. but now i have to assign a Map object to datatable. can u please tell me how to do this.

Thank u.

hi

can u please tell me how to set  

setOrgWideEmailAddressId for visualforce email templates.

If i give like this it shows an error that Save error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: [Messaging.SingleEmailMessage].setOrgWideEmailAddressId(String) 

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

email.setOrgWideEmailAddressId('0D2T000000000MH'); //For QA

email.setTemplateId(objEmailTemplate.Id);

email.setTargetObjectId(objContact.id);

email.setSaveAsActivity(true);

email.setWhatId(AppointmentId);

email.setSenderDisplayName('Scheduling');

Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email});

can u please help me.

hi

Can u please tell me how to set SetReplyTo option for an Visualforce email template. by default it takes the User email id. but i want to change the reply to email address. how can i do this. please help me

hi

Can u please tell me how to convert Contact to Person Account using Apex Coding.

Hi Friends,

i am a .net developer and trying to implement SSO from my application. I found some ways form SFDC help but not able to decide how to proceed for this.

My scenario: I have a window application, there i'll be having a login which will contain Login id, password and SSO token. So by using API call i'll have to validate the user and redirect the user to the next page with the return value from API after success login. So that in the next page i am having a web browser control where SFDC site will be displayed with out asking login again. Please guide me the way to implement the same.

Thanks in advance.

• September 18, 2009

hi

can u please tell me how to send email to multiple users by using visual force email template. if i send email to single user i am using setTargetObjectId(objContact.Id) and setWhatId(SR.Id). but i am not getting how to send to multiple users.

Please help me

• September 17, 2009

hi

can u please help me how to parse an XML.

Actually my requirement is create a webservice in APEX. The parameter for webservice is in the form of XML String. in that webservice i have to parse that XML. for example my input xml is in the form of

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <Body>
- <InvoiceRequest>
- <Item>
  <ItemName>num1</ItemName>
  <ItemPrice>$11.0</ItemPrice>
  <ItemId>01278390921098209AB872190</ItemId>
  <ItemType>NULL</ItemType>
  </Item>
- <Item>
  <ItemName>Misc. Service</ItemName>
  <ItemPrice>$23.0</ItemPrice>
  <ItemId>NULL</ItemId>
  <ItemType>Service</ItemType>
  </Item>
- <Item>
  <ItemName>Misc. Product</ItemName>
  <ItemPrice>$36.0</ItemPrice>
  <ItemId>NULL</ItemId>
  <ItemType>Product</ItemType>
  </Item>
  </InvoiceRequest>
  </Body>

for the above XML how can i parse this xml. Please help me. The above xml is related to Item Custom object. so i have to construct a List<Item__c> object for this XML.

Please help me.

• September 16, 2009

hi

can u please tell me how to use google map API with multiple markers on a single map in Visual force page. please help me.

hi

can u please help me.

i m getting this error while calling third party webservice.(http://www.webservicex.net/uszip.asmx)

Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout response. Apex type not found for element NewDataSet

can u please help me.

hi

Can u please explain how to pass textbox value from Visual force page to Component with in VF Page.

i had a VF Page in that i had 4 textboxes of InputFields and one apex Component control.
when user enter value in first textbox of VFPage then i have to display a datatable in the Component control in that Page.

so how can i pass value from VFPage to Component controller.

hi

i am getting only date even if i assign the datetime field in the subject of visual force template.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="{!relatedTo.Start__c} recepientType = "Contact"  relatedToType="CC_Appointment__c">

but i am getting only date not time in the email.

please help me.

hi

I am sending email using visual force email templates with merge fields. i want to read the email subject and body after sending the email. how can i do this.

please help me

hi

when i setReplyTo property also i am unable to get the from address.

My code is like this:

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage(); 
email.setTemplateId(objEmailTemplate.Id);
email.setReplyTo('padmavathi@appshark.com');

email.setSenderDisplayName('Appointment Confirmation');

email.setTargetObjectId(objContact.id);
email.setSaveAsActivity(false);
email.setWhatId(AppointmentId);
Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {email});

but still default login salesforce user email address is coming when i click on Reply.

please help me 

hi

can u please tell me how to retrieve the User timezone in s-control?

var user = sforce.connection.getUserInfo();
alert("your timezone is: " + user.userTimeZone);

if i give like that i got the time zone like this America/Chicago.

but i want the complete time zone like

(GMT-06:00) Central Standard Time (America/Chicago)

Please help me how to get this.

hi

I am retrieving the CreatedDate from Contact object in S-control. but i am getting only date from CreatedDate field. but in database Createddate is stored as in datetime format. but in S-control i am getting only date.

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function X()

alert({!Contact.CreatedDate});

}

</script>
</head>
<body onload="X();">
</body>
</html>

Please help me.

hi

Actual my requirement is i have to upload max of 5files through visual force page. after uploading maximum of 5 files, when i click on button, i have to read those 5 files and send the data to Fax.

how can i read data from the file using apex coding.

How can i do this please help me.

hi

While writing apex coding, i am getting the below error. if i comment the existing class it is accepting upto some extent. even when i validate this with production there also i am getting the same error. please help me. 

Error: The total size of apex code in this application after removing comments exceeds the maximum character size of 1000000.

hi

2 objects are there. Invoice,Client and Payment. in Invoice Screen, Payments is the Related List. So if we save payment, That payment is saved under that invoice with that Invoice Client.

But now my requirement is:

On the payment screen, the user will select a Client. A screen will pop up with all the open invoices for that Client sorted in descending order. The user will select the Invoices that the payment is to be applied. When user click Apply, the payment will applied to the oldest invoices first until complete payment has been used.

If the payment amount was larger than the selected invoices, the user can select another Client. Again a screen will pop up with all the open invoices.

This process will repeat until the complete payment has been applied.

Is it possible to save multiple values to a single field.
How to make a field as Readonly in GUI. I done like this.

Setup->Accounts->PageLayouts->Phone Readonly. But if i do like that also user is able to enter value into that field. i want to disable that textbox.
For ex: In Account Tab, i want to make a Phone Field as ReadOnly in GUI. when we click on Edit on an Account, in that I want to disable that textbox related to Phone field. user not able to enter anything into that field. How can i do this.
hi,

How to make a field as Readonly in GUI.
For ex: In Account Tab, i want to make a Phone Field as ReadOnly in GUI. when we click on Edit on an Account, in that I want to disable that textbox related to Phone field. How can i do this.