• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Trying to created a filtered view of the Contacts on an Account, so that different SF users see different sets of Contacts when they view an Account record.

Details: we might have 100+ contacts on an account... the great majority of them are users of our software and a handful are the decision makers and buyers of our software. The sales team wants to see only the decision makers, and the support team needs to see all of the users (since they support them).

My thought was to add a flag to the Contact record to designate the system users, then create an S-Control and hook it up to a custom button to "Show Sales Contacts Only" (button would display all Contacts on this Account where the user flag = false).

Does anybody have any cleaner ways to do this, or at least some template code I could use for the control? Thanks in advance!

Rich

I've created a master-detail relationship field on a custom child object, looking to a custom parent object. When I create the child record, of course the master-parent record is required, and I'm then able to save the child record.

But once the child record has been saved, the master-detail lookup field to the parent record is now locked - I'm unable to edit the master-parent record, even though I had edit read-only field rights.

Any ideas would be great, thanks!

Trying to created a filtered view of the Contacts on an Account, so that different SF users see different sets of Contacts when they view an Account record.

Details: we might have 100+ contacts on an account... the great majority of them are users of our software and a handful are the decision makers and buyers of our software. The sales team wants to see only the decision makers, and the support team needs to see all of the users (since they support them).

My thought was to add a flag to the Contact record to designate the system users, then create an S-Control and hook it up to a custom button to "Show Sales Contacts Only" (button would display all Contacts on this Account where the user flag = false).

Does anybody have any cleaner ways to do this, or at least some template code I could use for the control? Thanks in advance!

Rich
I need to have Territories assigned to the Opportunity based on the owner of the opportunity.
If the Opportunity Owner is changed using the "Change" option beside the field Owner in Opportunity, then the logic must include automatically changing the territory too, based on the territory assignment of the owner.
Where can I find the standard salesforce logic for "Change"?
If I cannot find it, any ideas on how I can achieve this complete logic with a single click?

Thanks So Much!