• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I'm using the Apex Data Loader (17.0) to load the account table.  I have Sys Admin privilege.  I can't seem to update the OwnerID field though the data loader to an owner other than myself.  No matter what I do, Salesforce sets my ID as the ownerID.  I can change it just fine interactively through the wizard to whatever I want, but I can't seem to do it from inside of the Apex Data Loader.  The OwnerID value I am using in the Data Loader is the ID field that goes with the user I want.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Gloria Lee

• January 23, 2010
I have several tables that are lookup tables (Standard name field is actually the primary key).  I have a pretty heavy reliance on structuring the data this way.  I snake my way through the lookup relationships to pull descriptive information.  It is not a problem to load the data though the interactive data loading wizard.  When it recognizes a field that is defined as a lookup data type, the loader knows which table it is associated with (but you can change it if desired). 

The command line data loader/ Apex Data loader does not have this intelligence built in, so it won't load the data  because of an unmatched data type.  I've perused the discussion board and know about External IDs but that is not what I'm looking for, since External IDs can only be applied to an attribute field of the parent table, not the actual primary key itself.  So while I can duplicate the key value into a text field and declare it to be an External ID, the data will load, but it will not associate the data with the actual primary key value,  so it will not recognize the lookup relationship.

What I really want to do is declare the standard name field, that I have made into my primary key, to be an External ID, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that.  Any suggestions?

• December 21, 2008
Hi,

I'm trying to reorder my report folders for my Eval account on my ApExchange package.  It works for the Admin account, but doesn't carry over to Eval.  When I try to do it manually on Eval, when I click Save I get "Insufficient Privilege".  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gloria Lee
  • September 15, 2008
I have several tables that are lookup tables (Standard name field is actually the primary key).  I have a pretty heavy reliance on structuring the data this way.  I snake my way through the lookup relationships to pull descriptive information.  It is not a problem to load the data though the interactive data loading wizard.  When it recognizes a field that is defined as a lookup data type, the loader knows which table it is associated with (but you can change it if desired). 

The command line data loader/ Apex Data loader does not have this intelligence built in, so it won't load the data  because of an unmatched data type.  I've perused the discussion board and know about External IDs but that is not what I'm looking for, since External IDs can only be applied to an attribute field of the parent table, not the actual primary key itself.  So while I can duplicate the key value into a text field and declare it to be an External ID, the data will load, but it will not associate the data with the actual primary key value,  so it will not recognize the lookup relationship.

What I really want to do is declare the standard name field, that I have made into my primary key, to be an External ID, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that.  Any suggestions?

• December 21, 2008