• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In our rails app, we are using the describeSObject ("get metadata") to retrieve sObject definitions.

For most SFDC customers, the "Account" sObject shows a reference to "Case" as a child / related object.

But for a small subset of customers that we connect to, their "Account" sObject does NOT show "Case" as a child /related object.

Does anyone konw how a SFDC customer can "configure this relationship away? I've looked at the Set Up pages and don't see how I can remove this relationship given that Accounts and Cases are both standard SFDC objects.

Thanks.
Hi,

We have a ruby on rails 2.0 app that is talking to the APIs and have been certified on the app exchange (so we have an api key).

1. Some users CAN successfully connect to their SFDC accounts (enterprise edition, professional edition, developer edition)
  2. But other users (in other companies) get the dreaded "invalid security token/user locked out" error.
Both sets of users are passing their valid SFDC login/password/security tokens. We did notice that those users that CAN successfully login have a 25-character security token. While those that could NOT login have security tokens with ONLY 24 characters.

We looked at the security token email sent by Salesforce, and those users who could NOT login REALLY only have 24 characters. Example email from salesforce:

Your new security token is below. Note that security tokens are case sensitive.

User Name: <removed for security purposes>

Security Token: k5NfcZA7XmGIgnoedA0IZwsF

Please add your security token to your password. Note that you do not enter a security token in place of your password when logging into Salesforce via a browser.

How long is the security token supposed to be? Anyone know why some customers have security tokens with ONLY 24 characters, while others have 25 characters?

I appreciate any other ideas on how to solve this "login" mystery.

thanks.
I've created a Salesforce Hybrid Touch app, and I want to make it available to people to download from the Apple AppStore. It is designed to work with a company's own Salesforce org, so I believe it would also require a companion app on the AppExchange.

What I cannot work out is the logistics of how to package it up so that it can redeployable, my issues are:

1. When I created the "connected app" in Salesforce I had to generate a key which I added to my Touch app config in XCode - this is obviously not how it should work for end users, how should this work?
2. The app is currently configured to use a My URL for OAuth - obviously each customer may have their own URL, how do I make this configurable per installation?

Hopefully the above is clear?

My initial thoughts are to use a Managed Package to solve the first (assuming keys can be protected) but I'm really lost on the second.

Thanks,
Martin

PS: Of anyone can point me in the direction of an Idiot's guide to deployment, I'm sure I can RTFM.
In our rails app, we are using the describeSObject ("get metadata") to retrieve sObject definitions.

For most SFDC customers, the "Account" sObject shows a reference to "Case" as a child / related object.

But for a small subset of customers that we connect to, their "Account" sObject does NOT show "Case" as a child /related object.

Does anyone konw how a SFDC customer can "configure this relationship away? I've looked at the Set Up pages and don't see how I can remove this relationship given that Accounts and Cases are both standard SFDC objects.

Thanks.