• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
This is probably a really dumb question, but is there a way to change the default behavior for the "Record Name" of a custom object? Right now, that field is a link that opens the Custom object record for editing. I want to change it so that that link opens an external URL to do the editing! The Custom Object is a shodow copy of our external DB and we want that external system to be where all record changes are made (we'll push the changes back in to SDFC). If this is not possible, can I "hide" the Record Name field so that I could put my "own" version of the field in there? Thanks, Andy.
I'm fairly new to SDFC development and have a question with respect to the URL data type in Custom objects. Our customer wants us to create a custom object and have a field in there that allows them to click a fixed text string and it then re-direct them to our product website. I started lokking into how to do this and found the URL data type. Seems to be what I wanted. However, the one problem is that what gets displayed to the user is the actual URL that gets linked to. What the customer wants is to have a fixed string ("View Documents") displayed in all cases with just a different URL be under the hood, so-to-speak. Is this possible? Is there another approach to doing this? Thanks for any help, Andy.
Hi,

I'm developing an application that will be used against SF Professional as well as Enterprise/Unlimited. I've got my client ID but was wondering how I can test that it actually is working and that it makes a difference for when I access data through Web Services?!

Thanks,
Andy.

Our development and integration with Salesforce has always been against the Enterprise or Unlimited editions.
For a company who only has Salesforce Professional Edition, what additional components would they need to acquire/purchase to be able to use what we've developed against the Enterprise edition?

Would such a customer need to purchase/acquire Web Services API licenses ?

Can we just specify our partner/developer id within the APEX toolkit to access Salesforce components?
I'm fairly new to SDFC development and have a question with respect to the URL data type in Custom objects. Our customer wants us to create a custom object and have a field in there that allows them to click a fixed text string and it then re-direct them to our product website. I started lokking into how to do this and found the URL data type. Seems to be what I wanted. However, the one problem is that what gets displayed to the user is the actual URL that gets linked to. What the customer wants is to have a fixed string ("View Documents") displayed in all cases with just a different URL be under the hood, so-to-speak. Is this possible? Is there another approach to doing this? Thanks for any help, Andy.
Hi,

I'm developing an application that will be used against SF Professional as well as Enterprise/Unlimited. I've got my client ID but was wondering how I can test that it actually is working and that it makes a difference for when I access data through Web Services?!

Thanks,
Andy.

Our development and integration with Salesforce has always been against the Enterprise or Unlimited editions.
For a company who only has Salesforce Professional Edition, what additional components would they need to acquire/purchase to be able to use what we've developed against the Enterprise edition?

Would such a customer need to purchase/acquire Web Services API licenses ?

Can we just specify our partner/developer id within the APEX toolkit to access Salesforce components?
3 days old (new) to salesforce!
i need to invoke a webservice from a tab like contacts when a button is clicked.
i understand i can add a custom button, but how do i write the code behind it, which will be triggered upon clicking.
the code behind the buttons needs to invoke this webservice, passing some details from the screen such as customer name and postcode, and the response that is received should be displayed on the screen.

please help people !