• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to build a workflow to automatically convert a lead to a contact & account?

Is it possible to build a workflow to call an existing s-control that is currently attached to a button?

Thanks

Is it possible to build a workflow to automatically convert a lead to a contact & account?

Is it possible to build a workflow to call an existing s-control that is currently attached to a button?

Thanks

Hi,  We have a automatic way of creating our custom object of Product setups through our opportunity record, which was custom developed.

When this occurs a expiration date is automatically brought in from our opportunity contract end date.

I noticed that the time is always set to 12:00 AM ,but when I create a Product setup manually through the account record the expiration date  time field always shows the time is at this moment.

Is this a salesforce standard functionality that it would always default to 12:00 AM no matter what the date is? Or would this be somewhere in their triggers/apex class or code? I am trying to find anything written out, but having no luck so wanted to know if was standard practice.

I found one s-control code that said this?

'expirationDate="'+ expDate.format("yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:ss")+'" '+

Thanks

Hi, I have been working with OneSource to install their Managed package into salesforce we have Unlimited Edition and I keep receiving errors:

Install Failed: Please fix the following errors

Reached maximum number of indexes allowed for custom fields. Account.OSKeyID_c:reached maximum number of indexes allowed for custom fields.

I understand I cannot remove any indexed field for our managed packages, but is there a way to go through salesforce to find all of the External ID fields and see if I Can remove them instead of going field by field to see if there is one w/external id listed?

I thought with Unlimited Edition of Salesforce it didnt have a max limit of index fields?

Thanks

• December 17, 2009

Hi, I have a question about a formula. We have a formula in Salesforce that shows the roles that should come over to Parature (we have a integration tool that brings over these roles) it was working fine with Primary Technical Contact and Customer portal viewer, but we just recently added two new roles of SW and FB Primary Technical.

Formula  

IF(includes( Role__c ,"Primary Technical Contact"),"Account Reviewer",
IF(includes( Role__c ,"SW Primary Technical Contact"),"Account Reviewer",
IF(includes( Role__c ,"FB Primary Technical Contact"),"Account Reviewer",
IF(includes(Role__c,"Customer Portal Viewer"),"Customer Limited",
IF(includes(Role__c,"Left the Company"),"Trashed",
"No Access"))
)))

In our Parature Connect tool we have this where statement, but we need to include SW Primary Technical Contact and FB Primary Technical Contact in the role section . How can we include it in this statement below.

I have tried just adding the two new roles to it, but I keep receiving errors and Parature support cannot help us.

(((account.type='active' or account.type='partner' or
(account.type='inactive' and account.parasf__parature_sandbox_id__c != null))
and email !=null
and role__c includes ('primary technical contact','SW Primary Techncial Contact', FB Primary Technical Contact','customer portal viewer'))
or parasf__parature_sandbox_id__c != null

)

and role__c includes ('primary technical contact','customer portal viewer'))

The error I receive now is There was a problem querying Salesforce with the query items specified. Please review your query parameters. The error from Salesforce was: MALFORMED_QUERY: )) ORDER BY lastmodifiedDate ^ ERROR at Row:7:Column:28 line 7:28 mismatched character '' expecting '''

Any ideas?

Thanks

• November 30, 2009

What is the proper syntex for this IF statement? We want Salesforce Account type when it equals Inactive to display in Parature as type inactive. We have it set up correctly in our parature tool, but need to fix this one statement for it to work correctly. Any suggestions? 

IF(ISPICKVAL(Type,"Inactive"), ''inactive")

Thanks

• November 25, 2009

I need to insert 3,000 contacts from Parature into Salesforce using the Apex Data loader. I cannot figure out how to associate the Account names with these contacts so they are uploading dupes without account names. So even if I did a mass dedupe it couldnt be possible since there is no account names associated.

Is there a way I can do this? I tried Inserting/Upserting using the Contact record, but there was no field of Account name to map it too?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• November 04, 2009

We set up a new account trigger in salesforce today for our parature integration and received this error on the opportunity record changing a record type and then pressing save this error appeared.

There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Apex trigger UpdateContact caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: UpdateContact: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.Exception: Too many DML rows: 112: Trigger.UpdateContact: line 11, column 13".

Click here to return to the previous page.

Account apex trigger

BodyDownload Apex
trigger UpdateContact on Account (after insert, after update)
{

for (Account account : Trigger.new)
    {
        List<Contact> contacts = new List<Contact>();
        contacts = [SELECT Id FROM Contact WHERE AccountId = :account.ID];

for(Contact c: contacts)
        {
            update contacts;
        }
    }
}

How can we fix this? Also strange happening on changing opportunity record type and saving.

• September 15, 2009
After the release this weekend all of a sudden we cannot fulfill product setups we receive a "leadID" error message.

Here is what is going wrong:
1.There is a ‘leadId’, as well as ‘contactId’ are parameters in javascript code (that is executed first when ‘Fulfill’ button is pressed) that are passed to Apex code.
2.The leadId for a Product Setup that has no Lead is empty; technically speaking it is an empty string.
3.The exception happens when the leadId is empy.

The exception has never happened before it only happened today, and here is why:
1.There are lots of Product Setups with empty Lead Id’s that were successfully fulfilled in the past.
2.contactId – another parameter was always passed as an empty string without causing any problems. 

The script requires it, but the lead id can have any value, including empty string. In this case leadId is an empty string, and … it fails – but it never failed before.

Until now it worked fine, but for some unknown reason now it fails.

The overall point I am trying to make, is that something might have happened during the SFDC maintenance.
That ‘something’ now doesn’t let ‘sforce.apex.execute’ function to pass empty string parameters to Apex code.
  • October 06, 2008

Hi,  We have a automatic way of creating our custom object of Product setups through our opportunity record, which was custom developed.

When this occurs a expiration date is automatically brought in from our opportunity contract end date.

I noticed that the time is always set to 12:00 AM ,but when I create a Product setup manually through the account record the expiration date  time field always shows the time is at this moment.

Is this a salesforce standard functionality that it would always default to 12:00 AM no matter what the date is? Or would this be somewhere in their triggers/apex class or code? I am trying to find anything written out, but having no luck so wanted to know if was standard practice.

I found one s-control code that said this?

'expirationDate="'+ expDate.format("yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:ss")+'" '+

Thanks

Hi, I have been working with OneSource to install their Managed package into salesforce we have Unlimited Edition and I keep receiving errors:

Install Failed: Please fix the following errors

Reached maximum number of indexes allowed for custom fields. Account.OSKeyID_c:reached maximum number of indexes allowed for custom fields.

I understand I cannot remove any indexed field for our managed packages, but is there a way to go through salesforce to find all of the External ID fields and see if I Can remove them instead of going field by field to see if there is one w/external id listed?

I thought with Unlimited Edition of Salesforce it didnt have a max limit of index fields?

Thanks

• December 17, 2009

Hi, I have a question about a formula. We have a formula in Salesforce that shows the roles that should come over to Parature (we have a integration tool that brings over these roles) it was working fine with Primary Technical Contact and Customer portal viewer, but we just recently added two new roles of SW and FB Primary Technical.

Formula  

IF(includes( Role__c ,"Primary Technical Contact"),"Account Reviewer",
IF(includes( Role__c ,"SW Primary Technical Contact"),"Account Reviewer",
IF(includes( Role__c ,"FB Primary Technical Contact"),"Account Reviewer",
IF(includes(Role__c,"Customer Portal Viewer"),"Customer Limited",
IF(includes(Role__c,"Left the Company"),"Trashed",
"No Access"))
)))

In our Parature Connect tool we have this where statement, but we need to include SW Primary Technical Contact and FB Primary Technical Contact in the role section . How can we include it in this statement below.

I have tried just adding the two new roles to it, but I keep receiving errors and Parature support cannot help us.

(((account.type='active' or account.type='partner' or
(account.type='inactive' and account.parasf__parature_sandbox_id__c != null))
and email !=null
and role__c includes ('primary technical contact','SW Primary Techncial Contact', FB Primary Technical Contact','customer portal viewer'))
or parasf__parature_sandbox_id__c != null

)

and role__c includes ('primary technical contact','customer portal viewer'))

The error I receive now is There was a problem querying Salesforce with the query items specified. Please review your query parameters. The error from Salesforce was: MALFORMED_QUERY: )) ORDER BY lastmodifiedDate ^ ERROR at Row:7:Column:28 line 7:28 mismatched character '' expecting '''

Any ideas?

Thanks

• November 30, 2009

What is the proper syntex for this IF statement? We want Salesforce Account type when it equals Inactive to display in Parature as type inactive. We have it set up correctly in our parature tool, but need to fix this one statement for it to work correctly. Any suggestions? 

IF(ISPICKVAL(Type,"Inactive"), ''inactive")

Thanks

• November 25, 2009

We set up a new account trigger in salesforce today for our parature integration and received this error on the opportunity record changing a record type and then pressing save this error appeared.

There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Apex trigger UpdateContact caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: UpdateContact: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.Exception: Too many DML rows: 112: Trigger.UpdateContact: line 11, column 13".

Click here to return to the previous page.

Account apex trigger

BodyDownload Apex
trigger UpdateContact on Account (after insert, after update)
{

for (Account account : Trigger.new)
    {
        List<Contact> contacts = new List<Contact>();
        contacts = [SELECT Id FROM Contact WHERE AccountId = :account.ID];

for(Contact c: contacts)
        {
            update contacts;
        }
    }
}

How can we fix this? Also strange happening on changing opportunity record type and saving.

• September 15, 2009