• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I think this should be really simple, but it is driving me nuts.

I created a custom field called "QuoteContact" which I placed on the opportunity page layout.  It is a lookup field that points to contacts associated with the Account for which the opportunity belongs.   This works fine.   What I am having trouble with is getting this value to show up on an email template (I am using SFDCs simple quote app template). 

The weird thing is I have a formula custom field (called email_address_for_quote) that displays the email associated with the quote contact that I can display on the template using the following: 

{!relatedTo.Email_Address_for_Quote__c}

I tried using {!relatedTo.QuoteContact__c} in the template, but while the template accepts the code, it does not deliver the expected results.  It displays "003T000000JNdECIA1" instead of the name of the contact.

I am guessing there is something I need to do differently to reference a lookup field in template.  Does anyone know?

Thankss!

• September 16, 2009

Hello,

I think this should be really simple, but it is driving me nuts.

I created a custom field called "QuoteContact" which I placed on the opportunity page layout.  It is a lookup field that points to contacts associated with the Account for which the opportunity belongs.   This works fine.   What I am having trouble with is getting this value to show up on an email template (I am using SFDCs simple quote app template). 

The weird thing is I have a formula custom field (called email_address_for_quote) that displays the email associated with the quote contact that I can display on the template using the following: 

{!relatedTo.Email_Address_for_Quote__c}

I tried using {!relatedTo.QuoteContact__c} in the template, but while the template accepts the code, it does not deliver the expected results.  It displays "003T000000JNdECIA1" instead of the name of the contact.

I am guessing there is something I need to do differently to reference a lookup field in template.  Does anyone know?

Thankss!

• September 16, 2009
hi

we'd like to use the calendar feature

however, we have little use for the individual calendar

it will be difficult for users to figure out how to get to the public group calendar

is there a way to make a public group calendar the default?

thanks
tammy