• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

Can we make Workflow / Trigger to fire from Apex class on something like field updates (does not matter even if some additional unnecessary things to be done in between to achieve this ).  I know I am asking a weird question!

Thanks!!!

Hi all,

I am facing problem having <apex:param assignTo...> working with <CommandButton>.  So started with this simple code to test. It is not working. Can somebody please let me know where I am going wrong? Appreciate Your help.

And the most important thing is : The Values are successfully printed on the page but unable to pass back to Controller !!!

Thanks!

VisualForce Code:

<apex:page controller="MyController" >
<apex:form >
    <apex:commandButton action="{!doLoginCommand}" value="Click" >
        <apex:param name="sessionId" assignTo="{!apiSessionId}" value="{!$Api.Session_ID}" />
        <apex:param name="serverURL" assignTo="{!apiServerURL}" value="{!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_140}" />
    </apex:commandButton>

Session ID : {!$Api.Session_ID}<br/>
            URL: {!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_140}
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Controller:

public class MyController {
     public String apiSessionId {get;set;}
     public String apiServerURL {get;set;}

public pageReference doLoginCommand(){
        System.debug('Inside the Method ');
        System.debug('api SessionId: ' + apiSessionId);
        System.debug('api ServerURL: ' + apiServerURL);
    return null;
 }
}

Debug Log:

18.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;VALIDATION,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO
11:15:25.586|EXECUTION_STARTED
11:15:25.587|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]VF-Outer
11:15:25.590|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]VForcePage
11:15:25.590|METHOD_ENTRY|[12,2]|System.debug(String)
11:15:25.590|USER_DEBUG|[12,2]|DEBUG|Inside the Method
11:15:25.590|METHOD_EXIT|[12,2]|debug(ANY)
11:15:25.590|METHOD_ENTRY|[13,2]|System.debug(String)
11:15:25.590|USER_DEBUG|[13,2]|DEBUG|api SessionId: null
11:15:25.590|METHOD_EXIT|[13,2]|debug(ANY)
11:15:25.590|METHOD_ENTRY|[14,3]|System.debug(String)
11:15:25.590|USER_DEBUG|[14,3]|DEBUG|api ServerURL: null
11:15:25.590|METHOD_EXIT|[14,3]|debug(ANY)
11:15:25.590|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED
11:15:25.591|VF_APEX_CALL|j_id2|{!doLoginCommand}|PageReference: none
11:15:25.633|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED
11:15:25.633|EXECUTION_FINISHED

• April 20, 2010

Hi,

I have a lookup field to Lead created on a custom object.

I navigate to custom object from Lead's related list so that the field is auto populated with the Lead name.

I don't want that field to appear on page layout, so I removed, thinking of using the merge field for that filed to

include in a VF page.

But I could not achive that.

Is it not auto populated if it is hidden from page Layout.

No field level security on the field.

Any suggestions or clarification are appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a custom object and I need to establish "Master-Detail Relationship" with "Lead" object.

I don't find the LEAD populated in the "Related To"  picklist where I have to select the Parent Object.

All other standard Objects like Account, Contact, Opportunity are populated in the list EXCEPT "LEAD".

I am stuck with that and could not find the reason. What are the possible reasons?

Please help me.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

I want to add 'if' condition in the email template and if it returns true insert a particular

merger filed.

I have all the users stored in a custom object with a custom field to differentiate them by designation.

I have a workflow rule in place (working fine) to send an email whenever a new record is created.

I want to include the name of the user for particular designation with 'hello',  if not just 'hello'

Is it doable in first place..any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a requirement which needs the functionality of moving back and forth between a record's detail page

and Visualforce page.

I know we can accomplish it through custom links.

The problem is how would I capture the URL of the detail page which in turn would be the target for the

custom link that I provide in VF page.

Is there any 'method' in the  API or any other ideas how can it be accomplished?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

• April 09, 2009

Hi,

Does not Eclipse IDE has the auto completion (suggestions) feature for Visualforce development ?

Thanks in advance.

• April 09, 2009

Hi all,

Can we make Workflow / Trigger to fire from Apex class on something like field updates (does not matter even if some additional unnecessary things to be done in between to achieve this ).  I know I am asking a weird question!

Thanks!!!

Hi,

I have a custom object and I need to establish "Master-Detail Relationship" with "Lead" object.

I don't find the LEAD populated in the "Related To"  picklist where I have to select the Parent Object.

All other standard Objects like Account, Contact, Opportunity are populated in the list EXCEPT "LEAD".

I am stuck with that and could not find the reason. What are the possible reasons?

Please help me.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a requirement which needs the functionality of moving back and forth between a record's detail page

and Visualforce page.

I know we can accomplish it through custom links.

The problem is how would I capture the URL of the detail page which in turn would be the target for the

custom link that I provide in VF page.

Is there any 'method' in the  API or any other ideas how can it be accomplished?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

• April 09, 2009

Ok. where to start. I have tomcat 4.1 installed at c:\tomcat4.1.

I have axis in C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis. I have added this to my classpath

set CLASSPATH="C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\*"

lib has following jars:

axis

axis-ant

commons-logging-1.0.4

commons-discovery-0.2

jaxrpc

log4j-1.2.8

saaj

wsdl4j-1.5.1

I have read mail & activation must also be there however they were not in axis-bin_1.4 i downloaded. I'm thinking about taking those two from an axis2 i downloaded and moving them into lib but seems kinda strange to be mixig jars from different versions.

So I start tomcat and go to  http://localhost:8080/axis/happyaxis.jsp and everything is ok except for an optional element:

Warning: could not find class org.apache.xml.security.Init from file xmlsec.jar
XML Security is not supported.
See http://xml.apache.org/security/

I'm assuming this is not my problem.

Now i try to go to the command line and enter:

C:\Documents and Settings\steve>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -a "C:\Tomca
t4.1\webapps\axis\enterprise.wsdl"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/wsdl/
WSDL2Java
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.  Program will exi
t.

Then from reading around i have seen it is the setting up the classpath that is the most common issue so i try to explicitly enter in the class path:

java –classpath c:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\axis.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\axis-ant.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\commons-discovery-0.2.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\jaxrpc.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\saaj.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar;  org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -a C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\enterprise.wsdl

C:\Documents and Settings\steve>java -classpath c:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-IN
F\lib\axis.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\axis-ant.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\w
ebapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\commons-discovery-0.2.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-
INF\lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\jaxrpc.j
ar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\ax
is\WEB-INF\lib\saaj.jar;C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar;C
:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar;  org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSD
L2Java -a C:\Tomcat4.1\webapps\axis\enterprise.wsdl
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ûclasspath
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ûclasspath
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: GÇôclasspath.  Program will exit.

I'm confused when you enter in java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java  where exactly is "org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java"  it was not in the axis1.4 bin from what i could see the onlything close was wsdl4j?  I'm not seeing that in java as well. I thought wsdl2java was part of the axis package? I go into axis2-1.4.1 and there does exist wdsl2java ? Do i have the wrong axis? I was told not to use axis2 instead axis1.4.

Please i'm so frustrated and have tried everything i can possibly think of.

I need help!

• January 24, 2009
Hello,

I'm a relatively experienced developer, but am new to salesforce.  A client has asked us to put together an application to demo some things for them.  I've been able to do what I want to do so far, but I've been having a number of headaches with salesforce in general.

My first issue was that building things (Objects, Tabs, Apps, etc) with the web-interface, while functional, was way too slow to do things on the scale I want to do them.  This is understandable -- it's a web interface, and it needs to be usable by users at every point along the experience spectrum.

I looked around for a more "heavyweight" solution for developing Salesforce stuff and found the Force IDE plugin for Eclipse (distributed on this website).   I've got that up and running, and while it works, I seem to keep hitting weird annoying glitches. 

My most recent frustration is the IDE's weird tendency to revert all the changes I made to an object if it fails validation -- I'll hit Alt+F S to save, it will churn for a bit, throw an error in the "Problems" tab and then mysteriously revert all the changes I made since last succesful (error free save).   I'm able to work around by hitting Ctrl+Z, but obviously this is really annoying.

I'm sure this is related to me doing something wrong, but it seems like it's one thing after another.  I'm a developer so I understand that it can take a while to get the bugs worked out of things, but this is really frustrating.  Is there an alternate way to do this stuff?  Is there anyway I can use Visual Studio?  Is there a more polished version of the Eclipse plugin?  Thanks for any help you guys can give me,

-John