• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there anything special needed to access the Contact.EmailBouncedReason field? I can see and select it from the Force.com perspective DB viewer but not when using the API or the Data Loader utility. Any thoughts?
  • December 18, 2008
This may be related to this post [http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&message.id=23717], but the error is different so I thought a new post was appropriate.

I "upgraded" to API v14 from v13 and now when I try to create a new Apex class (or trigger for that matter) I get the following error:

Unable to create new ApexClass <Name of class> [unpackaged]

Reason: An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again, or check the log file for details.

Details: java.lang.NullPointerException

I've downgraded to v13 and am getting the same error. v13 had been working fine prior to the upgrade.

Any thoughts?
  • December 08, 2008
I have a list of a custom object that I display on a VisualForce page using a dataTable. The dataTable has four columns. The first is outputText, the second and third inputText, and the fourth inputCheckbox. The user modifies the contents of the inputText and inputCheckbox and then saves (updates). Initially everything works as expected. However after a few successful saves I always get the following error message:

<apex:inputText> element value must resolve to a String type!

If I log out, close the browser, and then return to the page I still get the error. I've read a few articles related to this type of functionality and my code seems to be using the correct approach.

Any thoughts on this?

Here is the code:

Code:
public class UpdateContractUsageStats {

private final List<Contract_Usage_Data__c> ContractUsageData;

public UpdateContractUsageStats() {

ContractUsageData = [Select Id, Usage_Report_Interval_Label__c, Usage_Report_Date__c, UsageLives__c, UsageAmount__c, Usage_Report_Certified__c From Contract_Usage_Data__c Where Contract__c=: ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('cid')];
        }

public PageReference save() {
   try{
    update ContractUsageData;
   }
   catch(DmlException ex){
    ApexPages.addMessages(ex);
   }
   return null;
  }

public List<Contract_Usage_Data__c> getContractUsageData(){
                return ContractUsageData;
        }
}

Code:
<apex:page controller="UpdateContractUsageStats">
 <apex:messages />
    <apex:form >
        <apex:dataTable value="{!ContractUsageData}" var="intervalData" id="theTable" rowClasses="odd,even" styleClass="tableClass">
            <apex:column width="25%">
                    <apex:facet name="header">Interval</apex:facet>
                    <apex:outputText value="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Interval_Label__c}"/>
            </apex:column>
            <apex:column >
                    <apex:facet name="header">Usage Lives</apex:facet>
                    <apex:inputText value="{!intervalData.UsageLives__c}" disabled="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Usage Amount</apex:facet>
                    <apex:inputText value="{!intervalData.UsageAmount__c}" disabled="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Certified</apex:facet>
                    <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}" disabled="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}"/>
        </apex:dataTable>
        <apex:commandButton value="Update Statistics" id="theButton" action="{!save}"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• October 16, 2008
Is there anything special needed to access the Contact.EmailBouncedReason field? I can see and select it from the Force.com perspective DB viewer but not when using the API or the Data Loader utility. Any thoughts?
  • December 18, 2008
This may be related to this post [http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&message.id=23717], but the error is different so I thought a new post was appropriate.

I "upgraded" to API v14 from v13 and now when I try to create a new Apex class (or trigger for that matter) I get the following error:

Unable to create new ApexClass <Name of class> [unpackaged]

Reason: An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again, or check the log file for details.

Details: java.lang.NullPointerException

I've downgraded to v13 and am getting the same error. v13 had been working fine prior to the upgrade.

Any thoughts?
  • December 08, 2008
On Friday mid-afternoon I called Salesforce support, who responded to my question "salesforce should not be doing this,  I can't fix this and need to escalate this case to tier 2"  Thid problem is critical and slowing down our ability to do business and I wanted to hold on, rather than wait 24 to 48 hours for a tier 2 rep to maybe call me back.

Question:
How would I communicate to someone in the Salesforce Organization that we have this critical problem and need help.  Our Account Rep has not been responsive in the past and I was thinking about asking for an Account Rep who will be more responsive.

Appreciate any guidance. 

David
Hi,

I have a VF page, which is embedded (as a URL s-control) in the Contact page layout.

I just want to display some fields (the point is to keep these fields read only).

How do I pass make the VF page know which record's information to display (how do I pass this info, and how do I use it in the VF page side). thanks.

Ben
I have a list of a custom object that I display on a VisualForce page using a dataTable. The dataTable has four columns. The first is outputText, the second and third inputText, and the fourth inputCheckbox. The user modifies the contents of the inputText and inputCheckbox and then saves (updates). Initially everything works as expected. However after a few successful saves I always get the following error message:

<apex:inputText> element value must resolve to a String type!

If I log out, close the browser, and then return to the page I still get the error. I've read a few articles related to this type of functionality and my code seems to be using the correct approach.

Any thoughts on this?

Here is the code:

Code:
public class UpdateContractUsageStats {

private final List<Contract_Usage_Data__c> ContractUsageData;

public UpdateContractUsageStats() {

ContractUsageData = [Select Id, Usage_Report_Interval_Label__c, Usage_Report_Date__c, UsageLives__c, UsageAmount__c, Usage_Report_Certified__c From Contract_Usage_Data__c Where Contract__c=: ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('cid')];
        }

public PageReference save() {
   try{
    update ContractUsageData;
   }
   catch(DmlException ex){
    ApexPages.addMessages(ex);
   }
   return null;
  }

public List<Contract_Usage_Data__c> getContractUsageData(){
                return ContractUsageData;
        }
}

Code:
<apex:page controller="UpdateContractUsageStats">
 <apex:messages />
    <apex:form >
        <apex:dataTable value="{!ContractUsageData}" var="intervalData" id="theTable" rowClasses="odd,even" styleClass="tableClass">
            <apex:column width="25%">
                    <apex:facet name="header">Interval</apex:facet>
                    <apex:outputText value="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Interval_Label__c}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Usage Lives</apex:facet>
                    <apex:inputText value="{!intervalData.UsageLives__c}" disabled="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Usage Amount</apex:facet>
                    <apex:inputText value="{!intervalData.UsageAmount__c}" disabled="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Certified</apex:facet>
                    <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}" disabled="{!intervalData.Usage_Report_Certified__c}"/>
        </apex:dataTable>
        <apex:commandButton value="Update Statistics" id="theButton" action="{!save}"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• October 16, 2008