• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone had the experience of using connect for outlook and setting it up for Sales reps who use MS Outlook through the Citrix thin client?  I'm not even sure whether this is possible but I have a feeling it is since a lot of organizations are using Citrix.

If so what would their IT Admins have to know and do ahead of time to ensure successful installation of Connect for all the Sales reps logging into Citrix. 

Any help will be great!! :)

Thanks in advance!

• June 19, 2009
I'm using Informatica on demand to import CSV files into Salesforce.com.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to decipher what DATE FORMAT to use when creating connection to the CSV file. 
  • May 12, 2009
I'm working on a trigger on a task that currently works if related to Accounts, however I receive the error (shown below) when attempting to save a task that is not related to an account which I understand.  Since the trigger is designed to fire on Task Insert or Update, I need to fire only if its related to Accounts, or Contacts (or both) but no other objects.  Any suggestions?
Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger AccountLastCallDate caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: AccountLastCallDate: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: Trigger.AccountLastCallDate: line 33, column 9
  • May 04, 2009
Hello All,
I am fairly new at the VF email templates so I have a question regarding a problem I am encountering.  First of all the Business Process is this: 

- send 'Contact A' an Email that contains all the details of another Contact including all of its Opportunities (from related list)
- 'Contact A' is related to these Opps because he/she is selected via a custom lookup field named 'Contact A' on the Opp. page

The problem i'm encountering is that I can only Associate Opportunities to Accounts but not the Contact which is why the following code only works if set  relatedToType="Account". It won't save if i set it to "contact".  

The second problem I am encountering is when sending an email , below the "To" field the "Related To" field does not allow "Contacts" to be pulled up which disallows the user to reference Contact fields.  Is there a way around this?  I would like to reference basic contact fields in the Email template including Phone, Email and Description field (long text).  Any help would be great with the code and with how to reference these contact fields or your own workaround.

Much thanks.

My Code:
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Contact Data with Opps from Related list" recipientType="Contact" 

relatedToType="Account">

<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

<html>

<body>

<STYLE type="text/css">

TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center } 

TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana } 

TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}

TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}

</STYLE>

<font face="arial" size="2">

<p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>

<p>Below is a list of cases related to the account: {!relatedTo.name}.</p>

<table border="0" >

<tr > 

<th>Amount</th><th>Name</th><th>Close Date</th><th></th><th></th>

</tr>

<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Opportunities}">

<tr>

<td>{!cx.Amount}</td>

<td>{!cx.Name}</td>

<td>{!cx.closeDate}</td>

</tr>

</apex:repeat>

</table>

<p />

</font>

</body>

</html>

</messaging:htmlEmailBody>

</messaging:emailTemplate>

• January 15, 2009
Now that I have created a visual force page in a SANDBOX account I can access it using a URL in the following form: http://mySalesforceInstance/apex/nameOfNewPage .  My problem or question now is how do I publish this to my Salesforce Instance so I can access this type of page for daily use?

Thanks for any help!~
  • November 26, 2008
Just testing out some code from the Force.com Workbook and I'm receiving an error on line 14 saying "Save Error: Unexpected Token".  Any idea on what is causing this..?
Code:
public class MileageUtil {

static final Integer MAX_MILES_PER_DAY = 500;

// Method that takes an array of mileage records as an argument
 public static void areMilesAllowed(Mileage__c[] miles){
  //NOte: "UserInfo" is a built-in type that supplies global context information
  //about the current user.
  String createdbyId = UserInfo.getUserId();
  Double  totalMiles = 0;

// add miles that were created in previous requests for today
  for(Mileage__c mq:[SELECT miles__c FROM Mileage__c
   WHERE Date__c = TODAY
   AND Mileage__c.createdById = :createdbyId AND miles__c!= null){  
   totalMiles+=mq.miles__c;
  }

//Totals the mailes in the request
  for(Mileage__c m:miles) {
   totalMiles += m.miles__c;
   if(totalMiles > MAX_MILES_PER_DAY)
    m.addError('Mileage request exceeds daily limit: ' + MAX_MILES_PER_DAY);
  } 
 }

}

• November 24, 2008
Was wondering if anyone has created a formula field to calculate variance?

Currently I created three fields:

Current Sales year to Date
Lasts year's Sales year to date

Variance

Lets say this years sales was $5000, and last years was 0 dollars, how would you account for this in the formula field since you cannot use 0 in the denominator?

Any help would be great.
Thanks in Advance

1800-5000/1800

%Budget Variance% = (Actual – Budget) / Budget
  • November 19, 2008
Hello all, I am new on this board!

I am having difficulties creating a validation rule to apply to the three fields mentioned in the title.

The validation rule to apply is:

Phone, Fax and Mobile number fields should start with "+" or they can be left blank.
I only have it working for one field.  Below is the formula:

AND (

(LEFT(Phone, 1) <> ""),
(LEFT(Phone, 1) <> "+") )

)

This is just for the phone field.  I cannot seem to apply this to the other 2 fields (mobile and fax).

Does anyone have any input on what I can do and is there a way I can avoid having to create validations for each 3 fields as I would rather have just have a single validation rule to check all three fields?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Aiyaz on 10-29-2008 02:10 PM

Message Edited by Aiyaz on 10-29-2008 02:11 PM
  • October 29, 2008
Now that I have created a visual force page in a SANDBOX account I can access it using a URL in the following form: http://mySalesforceInstance/apex/nameOfNewPage .  My problem or question now is how do I publish this to my Salesforce Instance so I can access this type of page for daily use?

Thanks for any help!~
  • November 26, 2008
Just testing out some code from the Force.com Workbook and I'm receiving an error on line 14 saying "Save Error: Unexpected Token".  Any idea on what is causing this..?
Code:
public class MileageUtil {

static final Integer MAX_MILES_PER_DAY = 500;

// Method that takes an array of mileage records as an argument
 public static void areMilesAllowed(Mileage__c[] miles){
  //NOte: "UserInfo" is a built-in type that supplies global context information
  //about the current user.
  String createdbyId = UserInfo.getUserId();
  Double  totalMiles = 0;

// add miles that were created in previous requests for today
  for(Mileage__c mq:[SELECT miles__c FROM Mileage__c
   WHERE Date__c = TODAY
   AND Mileage__c.createdById = :createdbyId AND miles__c!= null){  
   totalMiles+=mq.miles__c;
  }

//Totals the mailes in the request
  for(Mileage__c m:miles) {
   totalMiles += m.miles__c;
   if(totalMiles > MAX_MILES_PER_DAY)
    m.addError('Mileage request exceeds daily limit: ' + MAX_MILES_PER_DAY);
  } 
 }

}

• November 24, 2008
Was wondering if anyone has created a formula field to calculate variance?

Currently I created three fields:

Current Sales year to Date
Lasts year's Sales year to date

Variance

Lets say this years sales was $5000, and last years was 0 dollars, how would you account for this in the formula field since you cannot use 0 in the denominator?

Any help would be great.
Thanks in Advance

1800-5000/1800

%Budget Variance% = (Actual – Budget) / Budget
  • November 19, 2008
Hello all, I am new on this board!

I am having difficulties creating a validation rule to apply to the three fields mentioned in the title.

The validation rule to apply is:

Phone, Fax and Mobile number fields should start with "+" or they can be left blank.
I only have it working for one field.  Below is the formula:

AND (

(LEFT(Phone, 1) <> ""),
(LEFT(Phone, 1) <> "+") )

)

This is just for the phone field.  I cannot seem to apply this to the other 2 fields (mobile and fax).

Does anyone have any input on what I can do and is there a way I can avoid having to create validations for each 3 fields as I would rather have just have a single validation rule to check all three fields?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Aiyaz on 10-29-2008 02:10 PM

Message Edited by Aiyaz on 10-29-2008 02:11 PM
  • October 29, 2008