• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

From Visual-Force template. I  have to send Attachment stored under Notes & Attachments section of Sales form(sales form is a custom object).
In the company with sales-form  user update Attachment(contains Rebate check detail or item description).
In Approval e-mail request Accounting/Finance team needs to see all the attached document under Notes&Atachment section.

I am able to get Notes section easily but finding all the attachment and sending it from  Visual force template with e-mail I am struggling with.

Appreciate any input or help

• December 26, 2012

From Visual-Force template. I have to send Attachment stored under Notes & Attachments section of Sales form(sales form is a custom object).
In the company with sales-form user update Attachment(contains Rebate check detail or item description).
In Approval e-mail request Accounting/Finance team needs to see all the attached document under Notes&Attachment section.

I am able to get Notes section easily but finding all the attachment and sending it from Visual force template with e-mail I am struggling with.

• December 21, 2012

From Visual-Force template. I  have to send Attachment stored under Notes & Attachments section of Sales form(sales form is a custom object).

In the company with sales-form  user update Attachment(contains Rebate check detail or item description).

In Approval e-mail request Accounting/Finance team needs to see all the attached document under Notes&Attachment section.

I am able to get Notes section easily but finding all the attachment and sending it from  Visual force template with e-mail I am struggling with.

• December 14, 2012

Curently Opportunity Edit Layout has Save and Add Product button as well as Cancel Button.

We need to add a Save button as well, incase User doesn't want to add any product for Opportunity they will simply create and save the opps.

Please advise how can we go to Edit layout or achieve this

Thanks

Lalit

• May 09, 2011

Is there a solution to this problem, in our organization we have to do mass update on Custom object to change Owner, or load the record from files or re-calculate the price based on New item cost.

Apex trigger works fine for all the auto-calculation but while doing Mass-Maintenance or updating more than 20 records. it started giving error message like

SampleFormAfter: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0J800000019TwKEAU; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, Price_Protection_Sales_Form: execution of BeforeUpdate

caused by: System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21

Appreicate if you can help us with below question. 

.    Is there an easy and clean way to turn-off the Apex Trigger( Changing XML in live enviornment doesn't work nicely, User or Admin(other than SFDC developer can also do this vir UI)

.   Is this possible to avoid invoking Trigger for some User(say sample or test which we can use for Mass Maintenance), some of our Mass-maintenance doesn't require trigger to be called.

. Can we change the Governon limit or any trick which can be used in Trigger to remain withing limits.

. Is Salesforce Batch Apex available or ready to use

Thanks

Lalit

• September 01, 2009

Problem:  Override Save Button on a Custom Object or Add a new custom Button in Edit mode of a Custom Object

Requirement:  After User "Save" a custom object A (say Parent Object), we need to force the navigation to Custom Object B (say child object), with some of the parents field pre-populated in child object. Depends on Record Type selection in Custom Object A, each time we need to call a different Child Object.

We can override the New Button of a Custom Object to change the saveURL parameter to open child custom object (B). With this over ride (by s-control or java script),
this open the Child object after save on Parent Object but doesn't populate the Child Object with Parent Field(as parnet ID and Auto-Name was not initialised when we were creating the Parent Object).

In Master object edit screen, can we add a Custom button or over ride the existing button? In Setup->Create->Object->Page Layout we can only see the Page Layout of Detail Page.

Please note all the development are in Custom Objects(Not the Visual Force Page),

Appreciate any input or direction

• August 28, 2009

I want to add a button on edit page of a record (say button which opens an external URL in a new window, may be a a url for reference). How do I achieve so?

There's always option of overriding with visualforce page, but there's lot of pitfalls around that approach (say a new recordtype or field is added, you need to create new visualforcce page or update the page respectively etc)

Any idea on how to achieve this? 

Chirag

Hi there,

From what i am reading, it is possible to send a pdf attachment in a visual force email template. But only if that attachment is created on the fly using merge fields. 

Is it possible to attach a pdf file that is stored in the Notes & Attachments object, and have that attachment sent with the visual force email template?

Hi All!

I opened a case to solve this problem but a SFDC representetive advised me to post my problem here again. Could you kindly help me?

I would like to create a Visualforce template with a HTML body. I am going to use Cyrillic characters (Russian language) in the body. In addition to that I would also like to duplicate the content of my email in the attached pdf file. I created the following test template:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Open lectures 2011 - Lecturer Name dd.mm.yyyy - RUS" recipientType="Lead" replyTo="open_lectures@skolkovo.ru">
    <messaging:htmlEmailBody >

<html>
          <head>
            <style> body { font-family: Arial Unicode MS; } </style>
          </head>
          <body>
              Hello (Привет) {!recipient.FirstName} !
          </body>
        </html>

</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
    <messaging:attachment renderAs="pdf">
        <html>
          <head>
          </head>
          <body>
          </body>
        </html>
    </messaging:attachment>                
</messaging:emailTemplate>

The body of the email looks fine and I can read both Latin (English language) and Cyrillic characters (Russian language). In the attached pdf I can only see Latin characters. I found this document http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_quick_start_renderas_pdf.htm and I used a font which supports Unicode characters.

I also created a simple test Visualforce page:

<apex:page renderas="pdf">

<html>
          <head>
          </head>
          <body>
              Hello - Привет
          </body>
        </html>

</apex:page>

And this page works fine.

Is there any problems with the <messaging:attachment renderAs="pdf"> tag? Could you help me to fix that?

Kind regards,

Dmitry.

Hi All!

I would like to create a Visualforce template with a HTML body. I am going to use Cyrillic characters (Russian language) in the body. In addition to that I would also like to duplicate the content of my email in the attached pdf file. I created the following test template:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Open lectures 2011 - Lecturer Name dd.mm.yyyy - RUS" recipientType="Lead" replyTo="open_lectures@skolkovo.ru">
    <messaging:htmlEmailBody >

<html>
          <head>
          </head>
          <body>
          </body>
        </html>

</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
    <messaging:attachment renderAs="pdf">
        <html>
          <head>
          </head>
          <body>
          </body>
        </html>
    </messaging:attachment>                
</messaging:emailTemplate>

The body of the email looks fine and I can read both Latin (English language) and Cyrillic characters (Russian language). In the attached pdf I can only see Latin characters. I found this document http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_quick_start_renderas_pdf.htm and I used a font which supports Unicode characters.

I also created a simple test Visualforce page:

<apex:page renderas="pdf">

<html>
          <head>
          </head>
          <body>
              Hello - Привет
          </body>
        </html>

</apex:page>

And this page works fine.

Is there any problems with the <messaging:attachment renderAs="pdf"> tag? Could you help me to fix that?

Kind regards,

Dmitry.

Curently Opportunity Edit Layout has Save and Add Product button as well as Cancel Button.

We need to add a Save button as well, incase User doesn't want to add any product for Opportunity they will simply create and save the opps.

Please advise how can we go to Edit layout or achieve this

Thanks

Lalit

• May 09, 2011

I am trying to create a visualforce email template, and I cannot get the "Body " field to work without getting an error.

What is the field name for that field using what I have below for code?

<apex:repeat value="{!RelatedTo.NotesAndAttachments}" var="NotesAndAttachments">
<tr><td>
Note: {!NotesAndAttachments.Note.Body}</td></tr>
</apex:repeat>

• April 18, 2011

I am novice to VP (no development background) use SF om MacOS.

I have prepared contract text (in Russian) attached to Opportunity with help of VP. When I have tested it in HTML everything looked fine.

However, when I have tried upload my file to PDF all my cyryllic letters disappeared. Anybody knows the issue?

Wanted to know if its possible to add fields to the "Request Update" button?  This button is currently part of contact object and enables the quick updating of demographic info.  Can we copy this functionality and add a custom button that does same thing but with dozens more fields?

Hi All,

I want to send an email with the selected Attachment from Notes and Attachment related list....

i.e. i have some file inside Notes and Attachment related list.. and i want to select one file out of them.. and want to email that with some template.. please let me kow how can i do that...

Thanks

How can I attach a file to a visualforce email template? 

Use Case – we are sending out a visualforce email from the Custom_Object_1__c object and listing info from the related list Child_Object__c.  Now I want to attach to the email any and all files that are listed in the Notes & Attachment related list for Custom_Object_1__c.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi.

I need to create a English and a Japanese Site.

Also added English translation for Custom Field.

The above translation setting works fine with the native Saleforce UI.

For example:

If I change the language setting to English ,English iLabels are displayed,.

If I change the language settigng to Japanese Japanese Labels are displayed.

How to implment this in the Sites.I mean how to set the language settings for Sites.

cheers

suresh

Is there a solution to this problem, in our organization we have to do mass update on Custom object to change Owner, or load the record from files or re-calculate the price based on New item cost.

Apex trigger works fine for all the auto-calculation but while doing Mass-Maintenance or updating more than 20 records. it started giving error message like

SampleFormAfter: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0J800000019TwKEAU; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, Price_Protection_Sales_Form: execution of BeforeUpdate

caused by: System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21

Appreicate if you can help us with below question. 

.    Is there an easy and clean way to turn-off the Apex Trigger( Changing XML in live enviornment doesn't work nicely, User or Admin(other than SFDC developer can also do this vir UI)

.   Is this possible to avoid invoking Trigger for some User(say sample or test which we can use for Mass Maintenance), some of our Mass-maintenance doesn't require trigger to be called.

. Can we change the Governon limit or any trick which can be used in Trigger to remain withing limits.

. Is Salesforce Batch Apex available or ready to use

Thanks

Lalit

• September 01, 2009
I have created a custom object that hangs off of the case object.

When the user creates a new record on the custom reltaed list and hits save it leaves them on the newly created record
nsted of redirecting them back to the case.

The user can always click the link to the case but that is an extra step and not the same functionality that exists with other
related lists.

I would like this to work the same as creating a new task for the case.  Afetr you save the new task it takes you back to the
case instead of leaving you on the newly created task.

Any ideas on how I can do this?
  • June 12, 2008
Hi all,

Please tell me how to call a S-Control from a Trigger? My case, when a contact is created, I had to call S-Control to get data by using Webservice API from external application.
I have an app with master and detail custom objects. I created a custom button in the detail custom object
to create a new detail object using the following formula:

{!URLFOR( $Action.Detail__c.New,   Detail__c.MasterId__c  )}

It worked fine when I first tested it, opening a "New" form for the detail object with a reference to it's master. Now it fails with "Invalid parameter for function URLFOR", even though the parameter is a valid merge field included from the builder. It works if I remove the Detail__c.MasterId__c parameter, but the New form no longer has the reference to the Master.

Has anyone seen this, or know of a solution?