• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How can you identify what is an Email in the Task table without relying on keywords in the Subject or Description fields?
Anyone know what table/object record "tags" are stored in and how the schema is accessed/works.
I want a formula field on opportunity that defaults to the value of a field on the Account. Usually it would be easy to set the formala to Account.FieldName.

Problem is it errors because Account.FieldName is a picklist field type. How would I set the forumula so this will work?
Is it possible to set your report criteria to the Created By field = XXX where XXX is the current user? What is the syntax for the value field for that?
How do you craft a URL to default field values on a new record that I want to create from a sidebar link?

For example, if I create a new child record from a parent object, the url I'm directed to is something like this:
na3.salesforce.com/a0O/e?CF00N50000001xQY6=Salesforce+Administration

Where CF00N50000001xQY6 seems to be some internal value for the parent record association and when the URL renders the parent record value is populated in the new edit record form.

So, how do I find out the id values for other fields I want to pass to this URL? For example, here is what I'm trying to do, but it does not work:

na3.salesforce.com/a0O/e?CF00N50000001xQY6=Salesforce+Administration&type__c=Question

Any ideas?

Also, how would I do this URL so that another page layout is displayed instead of the default page layout for a profile? How would I craft the URL to dictate which page layout is displayed and how do I find the ID for that page layout?

Thanks
Maybe I'm missing this and it's easy, but is there a way to globally replace the standard Account form throughout the application from any account link in other objects?

In other words, if I create my own custom VF account page, and I click the account link from an opportunity list, case list, contact form, etc. how do I automatically make all links to account detail forms go to my new VF page? OR do I have to replace any standard page in the application with a new VF page that will open it's account links to my new VF account form?
Is there a prescribed way to manage the saving of phone numbers in a desired format? 5555551212 or 555 555-1212 would automatically be saved as (555) 555-1212 etc.? I notice on a user form, the field has built in phone formatting while typing. Any way to do that?
I am getting this error when trying to add a currency type field to a VF page. I expect it has somethign to do with multicurrency being enabled in the org but I don't know how to handle it. Here is my apex code... if I remove the column and outputfields for opportunity.amount, then the page works fine.

How do I deal with correcting this? Thanks

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opportunities}" var="o" rendered="{!selectedSize <> 1}">

<apex:column rendered="{!selectedSize > 1}" headerValue="Action">

<apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, o.id)}">view</apex:outputLink>

</apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Opporunity Name">

<apex:commandLink value="{!o.name}" action="{!setbubble}" status="status" rerender="thePlot,selectedBubbles">

<apex:param value="{!o.id}" name="foo" assignTo="{!selectedId}"/>

</apex:commandLink>

<apex:column headervalue="Account Name"><apex:outputField value="{!o.accountId}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Amount"><apex:outputField value="{!o.amount}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Stage"><apex:outputField value="{!o.stageName}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Probability"><apex:outputField value="{!o.probability}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Close Date"><apex:outputField value="{!o.closeDate}"/></apex:column>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

<apex:pageBlockSection rendered="{!selectedSize == 1}">

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.name}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.account.name}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.probability}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.closeDate}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.amount}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.lastActivityDate}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

I have a package.xml that I copied from one machine to an older machine. However, when I do a refresh from server, I get the error:

Entity Type XXX is not available in this API version

The entities are CustomLabels, CustomObjectTranslation and ReportType

Is this just a setting somewhere in the project? How can I correct this?
How do you get EVERYTHING in your org to get included in your project when creating from Eclipse. Is there a reference to guide you on how to build your package.xml to include everything?
Is it theoretically possible to have a <select> or something where the <option> values are dynamically generated from SOQL and/or another value on the page or in a query string?

ie. the Contact input field on a custom Case VF page would could instead be a Select drop down list filtered by the current value contained in the Account field on the same page(like js document.GetElementById() ) or perhaps the querystring of the record would have AccountId=0000000000 and the Contact drop down would be filtered by that value.

Could you write something in APEX like that which you could reuse and pass parameters into to do the SOQL that produced the options in a drop down list?
OK, so we've only had S3 integration a couple of days, but I need someone with more dev experience than me to comment on the feasibility of building something.

Is there a way within the whole APEX/S3 implementation to somehow invoke WEBDAV in a cloud somewhere so I could open a Word Doc I have in S3, open/edit it locally and save back to the S3 bucket file path? Maybe even update a Salesforce record or 2 along the way, during the whole process?

Thanks
How do you do this? I tried selecting the source custom object in the Ecliipse project browser, right click, copy, paste on the target org's Object node.

Error: force.com does not support moving resource to destination "n/a"
I am getting this error when trying to add a currency type field to a VF page. I expect it has somethign to do with multicurrency being enabled in the org but I don't know how to handle it. Here is my apex code... if I remove the column and outputfields for opportunity.amount, then the page works fine.

How do I deal with correcting this? Thanks

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opportunities}" var="o" rendered="{!selectedSize <> 1}">

<apex:column rendered="{!selectedSize > 1}" headerValue="Action">

<apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, o.id)}">view</apex:outputLink>

<apex:column headerValue="Opporunity Name">

<apex:commandLink value="{!o.name}" action="{!setbubble}" status="status" rerender="thePlot,selectedBubbles">

<apex:param value="{!o.id}" name="foo" assignTo="{!selectedId}"/>

</apex:commandLink>

<apex:column headervalue="Account Name"><apex:outputField value="{!o.accountId}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Amount"><apex:outputField value="{!o.amount}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Stage"><apex:outputField value="{!o.stageName}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Probability"><apex:outputField value="{!o.probability}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Close Date"><apex:outputField value="{!o.closeDate}"/></apex:column>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

<apex:pageBlockSection rendered="{!selectedSize == 1}">

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.name}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.account.name}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.probability}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.closeDate}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.amount}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.lastActivityDate}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

Every user record in our SFDC org has a User.Manager listed, except our CEO. SFDC won't allow a circular relationship, and every other user already reports to someone else, so SFDC won't let us list any other user as the CEO's manager (even, say, the CEO's assistant, or the VP of HR).

When using User.Manager to route approvals, this becomes a serious issue. We've implemented Expense Reports in SFDC, and use the Manager hierarchy for automatic routing. Finance is only triggered to pay approved expense reports. Therefore, we'd like the CEO's expense reports to route to our VP of Finance for approval.

We tried putting an inactive user in the CEO's User.Manager field, but it didn't work. When the CEO tries submitting an expense report for approval, SFDC complains that "This approval request requires the next approver to be determined by the Manager field. This value is empty. Please contact your administrator for more information." (Of course, the value isn't "empty," it's pointing to an inactive user.)

Any ideas for how to route approvals for the top of the manager hierarchy, i.e. our CEO?
Hi,

Does anyone know which core objects are available to a Force.com application. Specifically is it possible to display the contracts tab as part of a Force.com application or does a user have to buy Salesforce for the contract funtionality?

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by Scott.M on 12-05-2008 12:23 PM
Is it possible to set your report criteria to the Created By field = XXX where XXX is the current user? What is the syntax for the value field for that?
I have professional services line items that I add through the SOAP API and through the data loader and these external tools allow me to add values such as ".385" days.  When I try to add the same value through the SF GUI it truncates the value to ".38".
This is frustrating since the database obviously allows long decimals.
Has anyone found a way to allow the user to add quantity values with more than 2 decimals for opportunity line items, or any other numeric field with this limitation?  I'm wary of creating my own quantity field as this is will inevitably foul up some other reports we've already written.
Does anyone have a workaround?  I have already tried creating a trigger that updates the quantity based on a custom field, but the field is always truncated.
I hope there's an easier solution than creating a custom field and sending an outbound message to update the field with  a web service, but I don't see any other way to solve this.
Thanks

Message Edited by prb on 11-25-2008 07:04 AM
  • November 25, 2008
Hi friends,

I m performing a search operation on Account object through the following piece of code:

account1 = (List<Account>)[FIND:searchText RETURNING Account(Name,Type,id,BillingCity ...)][0];

However, I want my search text to be searched only in Account Name and 2 of my custom fields in the whole account object.

So when I enter Billing City or type of account I dont want any results to be shown. Any idea on this?

Thanx in advance.
In the 14.0 API, SOQL seems to return inconsistent results for date fields such as "BirthDate" and "LastActivityDate."

For example, I've submitted this query via both the Data Loader and the API directly:

Code:
SELECT Id, Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastActivityDate, Contact.BirthDate
FROM CampaignMember
WHERE CampaignId = '70120000000Edd4AAC' and ContactId != NULL

In both cases, no value is returned for the LastActivityDate and BirthDate fields, even though I can verify that these fields are populated in the UI for the contacts returned.  If I examine the XML returned from the API, I find

Code:
<sf:LastActivityDate xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:sf="urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com" />

so Salesforce is definitely returning a null value for this field; it's not a parsing problem.

If I remove the "relationship" part of the query and just query against one of the contacts directly

Code:
SELECT Id, FirstName, BirthDate, LastActivityDate
FROM Contact
WHERE Contact.Id = '0032000000HaHxf'

BirthDate is returned correctly, but not LastActivityDate.

Any idea what's going on?  The objective of the original query was to return a list of campaign member names, addresses, and the last activity date for the contact or lead.  I can retrieve other, non-date fields from contacts and leads just fine.

Message Edited by billk on 11-24-2008 01:52 PM
  • November 24, 2008
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to automatically populate the email address field from the Account (Person Account) into the Opportunity.

Workflow rule?
Cross Object Formula Field?

Thanks for any help in advance,
Mike
We have three email fields: Primary Contract Email, Secondary Contact Email and Tertiary Contact Email.

I am trying to establish a validation rule that says if the Secondary Contact Email has a value in it (contains @) then it cannot equal the Primary Contact Email field...Not having much luck though.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

hi

i installed Apex dataloader for exporting data from standard object to custom object. but when i enter user id and password, i m getting "Error logging into Salesforce. Please check username and password".

but i entered correctly.

My password is: appshark
Security token is: hd7JmTuvwESllKmItHF1IYFyl

how can i login?

Please help me
Posted this elsewhere, hoping maybe for a broader audience. 

A. I Created object called Solutions.

In addition to its name, the Object has 3 fields:  (1) enrollment fee, (2) multiplier and (3) unit price.

B. On an Opportunity entry, I have a field that does a relational lookup to this Solutions object.

I also created a new currency field on the Opportunity object called Calculated Revenue.

C. When a user goes to add a new Opportunity, they select the Solution Sold which does the table lookup noted above. 

I want to create Workflow rule for the field Calculated Revenue, noted above, that uses the following formula: 

Solutions(1) + (Solutions (2) * Solutions (3) * Opportunities (field Z))

[field Z is a numeric field that already exists on the Opportunity object]

When building the Workflow rule for the Calculated Revenue field on Opportunity object, is there a way to get the Solutions fields 1, 2, and 3 associated with the record selected in the lookup done in Step B above???

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Hi,

I'm using Eclispe 3.3.2 to Deploy changes to My Developer Salesforce account. But I'm receiving this error as specified in the attachment.

Error Screen Link: http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sshot1bf1.jpg

- Varun

Message Edited by vchaddha on 11-09-2008 10:16 PM
  • November 10, 2008
How i can get the layouts metadata from the apex controller ?

The metadata API has a method describeLayout() or getDescribeLayout() but i cannot make it works at the controller.

If that is not possible , how i can connect to the metadata api from the apex controller?

Thanks
Br1
  • October 15, 2008

Is there any way to handle volume based pricing in SF.com

Product --------- 1000 - 2000 --- 2000-3000
Product A             $1.00                $2.00

So when select the products, I would like to select a  volume pricing of the product.

Thank You
Ken

• February 17, 2005