• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I need to Integrate youtube search engine in my visualforce page. So that whenener the user searches the video in search bar, he should get a list of videos present in youtube (same as in youtube website). After that when he clicks one of the video of the list, he should be redirected to that video in youtube.

I have tried an example given in https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/code_samples/javascript but I'm not able to make it workable.
Any help would be highly appriciated.
Please treat it as urgent.

Thanks in advance! :)

Regards,
R_Shri
  • May 20, 2014

I have been doing some trail and error with a Managed Package that has Workflow Rules and Actions.

If I install my package into another developer instance and navigate to:

Create -> Workflow & Approvals -> Workflow Rules -> (click rule name) -> Edit Workflow Actions

I can create an Unmanaged Workflow Action and have it run for the Managed Workflow Rule.  I cannot however, delete the Unmanaged Workflow Action there.

Instead, I have to navigate to:

Create -> Workflow & Approvals -> Outbound Messages/Field Updates/etc

From there, I can delete the Unmanaged Workflow Action altogether, which removes it from when the Managed Workflow Rule.
It seems only one of the following should be true:

- The Platform should prevent me from adding Unmanaged Workflow Actions to a Managed Workflow Rule

- The Platform should allow me to remove Unmanaged Workflow Actions from a Managed Workflow Rule without deleting the Unmanaged Workflow Action

Can anybody shed some light on this?  It seems to me the most flexible thing would be to allow users to add and remove Workflow Actions from Workflow Rules at will, Managed or Unmanaged.  They could still prevent users from deleting the Managed ones.

• October 29, 2011

Is there a best practice regarding when to map a custom Lead field to an Opportunity?

I know it is possible to report on this data by running a "Leads with converted lead information" report, however once a Lead is converted, the fields are not updatable.

It seems more flexible to create custom fields for both the Lead and Opportunity objects and map them to each other.  Are there any good reasons not to do this as a general rule of thumb?

• October 21, 2011

I am developing a managed package and trying to create a Visualforce Page to mass update Leads.  Using some samples I found online I created a test page as follows in my development instance:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" recordSetVar="Leads">
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock mode="edit" title="Mass Update Lead Test">
            <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.FirstName}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.LastName}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.CustomField1__c}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.CustomField2__c}" required="true"/>
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom">
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" />
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" />
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

This works fine in my developer instance.  However, when I upload the managed package and then install it into another instance the custom fields do not show up on the page while the standard fields do.  Has anybody else experienced this and know of a workaround?

As an FYI, here is what the uploaded page looks like (notice the namespace has been added to the custom fields).

<apex:inputField value="{!Lead.xxxx__CustomField1__c}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.xxxx__CustomField2__c}" required="true"/>

Thanks in advance.

• October 16, 2011

I have a custom object that I want to be associated to a Contact (via a Lookup field), but I also want to be strongly tied to the Contact's Account.  What is the best way to do this?

I understand that I can access the Contact's Account information via a relationship query, but I can see benefits to adding a 2nd lookup field for the Account.  For example, this would give me the ability to add a related list to the Account layout displaying the custom objects.

I see similarities between my situation and the standard Salesforce Case object has lookups for both the Account and Contact.

I am looking for suggestions on the right way to do this.  Should I create a trigger that defaults the associated Account when a Contact is set?  Should I filter the Contact lookup by the associated Account?  Should I use a single Contact lookup field and use relationship queries to access the associated Account?

Thanks in advance.

• August 24, 2011
Hello,

The developer account for my company has 2 packages, neither of which have been published on the AppExchange.  The other day, I was experimenting with managed packages and namespace prefixes.  I selected one of the packages to be managed, and choose a suitable namespace prefix for it.  After doing this, I noticed that the namespace prefix was applied to both packages.

Knowing what I know now, I was wondering if it would be possible to change my company's namespace prefix to something that would better suit both packages (and potentially others at some point).

I suppose I could create another developer account and choose another namespace, but that is probably not a great thing to do.

Any suggestions?

• November 13, 2008
Hi,

I need to Integrate youtube search engine in my visualforce page. So that whenener the user searches the video in search bar, he should get a list of videos present in youtube (same as in youtube website). After that when he clicks one of the video of the list, he should be redirected to that video in youtube.

I have tried an example given in https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/code_samples/javascript but I'm not able to make it workable.

Regards,
R_Shri
  • May 20, 2014

I am developing a managed package and trying to create a Visualforce Page to mass update Leads.  Using some samples I found online I created a test page as follows in my development instance:

<apex:inputField value="{!Lead.CustomField1__c}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.CustomField2__c}" required="true"/>

This works fine in my developer instance.  However, when I upload the managed package and then install it into another instance the custom fields do not show up on the page while the standard fields do.  Has anybody else experienced this and know of a workaround?

As an FYI, here is what the uploaded page looks like (notice the namespace has been added to the custom fields).

<apex:inputField value="{!Lead.xxxx__CustomField1__c}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.xxxx__CustomField2__c}" required="true"/>

Thanks in advance.

• October 16, 2011

I have a custom object that I want to be associated to a Contact (via a Lookup field), but I also want to be strongly tied to the Contact's Account.  What is the best way to do this?

I understand that I can access the Contact's Account information via a relationship query, but I can see benefits to adding a 2nd lookup field for the Account.  For example, this would give me the ability to add a related list to the Account layout displaying the custom objects.

I see similarities between my situation and the standard Salesforce Case object has lookups for both the Account and Contact.

I am looking for suggestions on the right way to do this.  Should I create a trigger that defaults the associated Account when a Contact is set?  Should I filter the Contact lookup by the associated Account?  Should I use a single Contact lookup field and use relationship queries to access the associated Account?

Thanks in advance.

• August 24, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has come across this API return message:

[message] => field integrity exception: PricebookEntryId, unknown (versions 3.0 and higher must specify pricebook entry id; others must specify product id)

I have not seen this, but I do understand what is asking. The reason why I am posting this is because:

How are we supposed to know what the version is when we are creating an opportunity line item?

If somone could please share that with me, I will be greatful

Thanks,

~Mike 

Hello,

The developer account for my company has 2 packages, neither of which have been published on the AppExchange.  The other day, I was experimenting with managed packages and namespace prefixes.  I selected one of the packages to be managed, and choose a suitable namespace prefix for it.  After doing this, I noticed that the namespace prefix was applied to both packages.

Knowing what I know now, I was wondering if it would be possible to change my company's namespace prefix to something that would better suit both packages (and potentially others at some point).

I suppose I could create another developer account and choose another namespace, but that is probably not a great thing to do.

Any suggestions?

• November 13, 2008

From browsing the boards, I understand that extraction of salesforce.com data using the API can be done only for Enterprise customers.

We are currently working with a client for creating a data warehouse for them - but I am not sure if they have Enterprise Edition. If they have Professional Edition only, what are my options to extract the data to a local database, to be integrated with the other systems' data?

-TIA

Hi,

Regards,
R_Shri
  • May 20, 2014