• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When I try to open a file in Excel 2007 exported from Salesforce Report, I receive the following warning message:
The file you are trying to open, xxxx.xls is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?

Help text from Excel 2007 reveals that "The warning message is a user-notification function that was added to Excel 2007. The warning message can help prevent unexpected problems that might occur because of possible incompatibility between the actual content of the file and the file name extension."

A case logged with Salesforce replied that they do not have such problem. Does anyone encounter the same issue? Is there any compatibility issue on MS Office 2007 with Salesforce? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

When I try to open a file in Excel 2007 exported from Salesforce Report, I receive the following warning message:
The file you are trying to open, xxxx.xls is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?

Help text from Excel 2007 reveals that "The warning message is a user-notification function that was added to Excel 2007. The warning message can help prevent unexpected problems that might occur because of possible incompatibility between the actual content of the file and the file name extension."

A case logged with Salesforce replied that they do not have such problem. Does anyone encounter the same issue? Is there any compatibility issue on MS Office 2007 with Salesforce? Any advise is greatly appreciated.