• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When I attempt to deploy the Contact Object from one Sandbox to another Sandbox I get the error below:

"Save error: duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>"

What does this mean?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in desperate need of development advice as it relates to Visualforce before the Holiday and I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.
Any advice, code examples or links to references would be greatly appreciated.

I need to know if its possible to use Visualforce & Native Page Layouts together within One Object (Case) with a single Record Type.

Scenario:
We have one Record Type "Accounting" for Cases with multiple case reasons, "Check Image Request",  "Inbound Repricing" & "Provider Login Request"

We need a way to use Visualforce for specific Case Reasons.
So Case Reason "Check Image Request" uses the native Case Page Layout but Case Reason "Provider Login Request" uses a Visualforce Page.

I've tried overriding the "View" Action under Button & Links to a Visualforce Page with an extended Controller that overwrites the view() method. But for some reason It's not executing my code.

Code:
public class caseExtendedController {
    private final Case c;
    public caseExtendedController(
ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.c = (Case)stdController.getRecord();
    }
    public PageReference view() {
       if(c.reason == 'Provider Login Request'){
               System.debug('Hi');
             return new PageReference('http://www.google.com');
        }else{
               return new ApexPages.StandardController(c).view();
        }
    }
}

My example above is trying to return a specific reference based on case reason.
/{!case.id}  for native page layout or /apex/vfPage?id={!case.if} for a Visualforce Page designed for a specific case type.

I noticed if I override "View" with a Visualforce Page all links like /{!case.id} automatically redirect to /vforcePage?id={!case.id}
So I'm not sure If I should use Override under buttons & link.

The Page Layout for Case Reason "Provider Login Request" is below:
Notice I'm only rendering the form if Case Reason Matches "Provider Login Request"

The Ultimate Question: Would it be wise to just use do conditional displays for all Case Reasons?

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Case" extensions="caseExtendedController">
  <!-- Define Tab panel .css styles -->
  <style>
    .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none}
    .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none}
</style>
  <!-- Create Tab panel -->
  <apex:form rendered="{!if(case.reason='Provider Login Request','true','false')}">
    <apex:pageBlock title="Case # {!case.CaseNumber} - {!case.Reason} ({!case.Match_Result__c})" mode="edit">
      <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">
        <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save"/>
        <apex:commandButton action="{CloseCase}" value="Close Case"/>
      </apex:pageBlockButtons>
      <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2" title="Information from Webform to work this Case">
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.SuppliedFirstName__c}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.Organization_Type__c}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.SuppliedLastName__c}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.SuppliedCompany}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.SuppliedEmail}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.SuppliedPhone}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.Match_Result__c}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSection>
      <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2" title="Please MATCH the credentials to a current Provider Account">
        <apex:inputField value="{!case.FEIN__c}"/>
        <apex:inputField value="{!case.NPI__c}"/>
        <apex:inputField value="{!case.NABP__c}" rendered="{!CONTAINS('Pharmacy',case.Organization_Type__c)}"/>
        <apex:inputField value="{!case.DEA__c}" rendered="{!CONTAINS('Physician',case.Organization_Type__c)}"/>
        <apex:inputField value="{!case.DPR__c}" rendered="{!CONTAINS('Physician',case.Organization_Type__c)}"/>
      <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2" title="Requested User Login Information">
        <apex:inputField value="{!case.SuppliedUsername__c}"/>
        <apex:inputField value="{!case.accountId}"/>
        <apex:inputField value="{!case.SuppliedPassword__c}"/>
        <apex:outputField value="{!case.contactId}"/>
    </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>

</apex:page>

I'm thinking as an absolute last resort I could a use Java Script to redirect on page load but there has to be something I can to with Apex Code.

I know its Christmas Eve but I don't know where else to turn.

Thanks & Happy Holidays
Hi,

I'm using Email Service which is accepting incoming emails from clients.

Lately I have noticed a rather peculiar behavior. Basically any email that has text portion greater than 100k in size is bounced by the system. The handler associated with the email service is not invoked for such emails. Somehow this has started happening recently {I managed to find emails in my system that had size greater than 100k and were delivered fine to my handler}. I tried searching forums and documentation but couldn't find any help there. The bounced email contains the following message

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> xxxxxxinboundemail@o-2ggm9ec90dyv38pu6lxlxg0o3.in.salesforce.com
>>> (reading confirmation): 554 Text body part exceeds max size of
>>> 100000

My application relies heavily on email (customers are sending emails which are copied into sf) and emails not reaching SF is very serious for me. Is this limit of 100k customizable? Can I change this behavior of "bouncing" to something else {deliver truncated email perhaps or something else}, If no, can I at-least get a notification in some form in my app about a missed email.

Will appreciate any help.

Thanks
Guneet Sahai
http://guneetsahai.blogspot.com
Previous to updating to 8.0 we had some code that would update fields on Opportunities. After updating to 8.0 we get this failure (there has been no other change in the code besides the update):

AxisFault: A duplicate value was specified for field 'Consulting_Amount__c' in object 'Opportunity', duplicate value '0.0' prior value '' (prior value could have been set to '' with 'fieldsToNull')

Does anyone have a clue why this would be?