• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

In my email, I have set out-of-office auto reply. When an email is sent from a WFR email alert to that, it shows up in the sent items; but the To address in that seems to be some sort of a service email address and not to the one that I set in the email alert. 

Any idea where it is being sent to? How can we modify that? I am trying to capture such auto replies.

Thanks,

Sudhanwa

Hi all,

I have a requirement which needs hourly email notification after a case has been unassigned for 24 hours. What is the best way to do it? I had apex scheduled jobs in my mind but then came across Entitlements and Milestones. Tried to know about it but got more uncertain about if it will help my requirement. Do you have any inputs?

-Sudhanwa

Hi,

I am looking to develop Knowledge Base for mobile using Visualforce. Can you help me to some good stuff (links, docs etc.) with regard to this? Also, is it possible in first place?

Thank you,
Sudhanwa 

Hi all,

I have a requirement where in I should identify if a user is from United States region. There is a download button which should allow only users from US to download files. Is this achievable through Apex? Or, should it be done via javascript? Can you please tell me how?

Thanks in anticipation.

-Sudhanwa.

Hi,

I want to control the records displayed per page to 20 in a view on a standard page. But the options there are 10, 25, 50, 100 and 200. Is there any way this can be achieved?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

In Set Up->Admin Set up->Manage Users->Login History we have an option of downloading to excel the history of all users' logins in the past 6 months. However, as only 65,535 rows can be present in an excel, I am unable to get all the users. More than one login for the same user cause so many rows. Is there any way where this excel-ing can be done for unique usernames?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa

Hi,

I have a requirement where the email alerts fired from workflow rule should be sent only during business hourse(8AM to 5PM). Which means, if user creates a case at 10PM in the night, the notification should be sent only at 8AM the next morning. How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa

Can we query the Additional email addresses from Email alerts to do a mass update of all those additional addr to a common email address?

Whenever I refresh a test (full copy) sandbox with production copy, all the additional email alerts will have 'real' email ids of the users or queues.  Right now I am manually changing them back to some common email address. I thought of writing a controller that can query these WFR's or Email alerts and perform a mass update. Is this possible? Please advise.

Ditto for queues.

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Why are the records not getting updated when I do it through S Control? Do we need to issue update statement explicitly?

if(RHSrecords.size == 1)
{
alert('Update Action BEFORE  '   +recordsTHS[i].Id +'  '+recordsTHS[i].currentRHS__c+'  '+RHSforHSR[0].Id);
recordsTHS[i].currentRHS__c = RHSforHSR[0].Id;
alert('Update Action point reached  '   +recordsTHS[i].Id +'  '+recordsTHS[i].currentRHS__c+'  '+RHSforHSR[0].Id);
}

Does not reflect when I check in the page.

Hi,

I have this really complex requirement here.

Users upload a HTML file into Salesforce. The HTML file contains a table with two columns the first column being the field and the second being its value. There are some fields in the table (in random order in the table in different files) who are under consideration. What I need to do is, I should parse the HTML file, look for the <td>s which have the fields I require, move to the immidiate next <td> and store those value in a map against their field names.

Can you guys give me some idea on how to go about it?

p.s. I dont even know how to begin!

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

In my controller, I had a situation where I had to give a link to another page. I had it hard coded earlier to the following-

body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 0 0 } td,div { font-family:Tahoma;font-size:8pt;vertical-align:top } body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 0 0 } .transcript { background-color:#d2d2d2; } .messageBlock { margin-left:4px; margin-bottom:3px } .message { margin-left:100px; word-wrap:break-word; white-space:-moz-pre-wrap; _white-space:pre; } .messageCont { margin-left:100px; word-wrap:break-word; white-space:-moz-pre-wrap; _white-space:pre;} .other { color:#39577a;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; } .myself { color:#da8103;font-style:normal;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; } .otherCont { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#39577a;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; } .myselfCont { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#da8103;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; } .system { margin-left:4px; word-wrap:break-word;color:#da8103;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal; white-space:-moz-pre-wrap; _white-space:pre; } .showTimestamp { margin-right:3px; float:right; color:#999999;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal; } .other1 { color:#ac2000;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; } .otherCont1 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#ac2000;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; } .other2 { color:#3c9fa8;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; } .otherCont2 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#3c9fa8;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; } .other3 { color:#e25614;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; } .otherCont3 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#e25614;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; } .other4 { color:#0b6ac8;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; } .otherCont4 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#0b6ac8;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; } .other5 { color:#b23290;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; } .otherCont5 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#b23290;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; } .other6 { color:#02e7c7;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; } .otherCont6 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#02e7c7;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; } .other7 { color:#5b3284;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;float:left; width:95px; } .otherCont7 { font-size:8px;text-align:right; color:#5b3284;font-family:Arial,Lucida Grande;font-style:normal;vertical-align:top;font-weight:bold;float:left; width:95px; } .tsDisplay { display:block }

serverurl = 'https://na3.salesforce.com/apex/MyPage'; 

The code coverage then was well above 75%. But as its not a good practice I replaced the above with the following lines wherever it occured- 

serverurl = serverurl.substring(serverURL.indexOf('https://'),serverURL.indexOf('salesforce.com'));
            serverurl = serverurl+'salesforce.com/apex/MyPage';

This made the code coverage nose dive and I am unable to deploy it to production. 

Where am I being wrong here; or is there any specific way to do it in a test method?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

I have this piece of code in my controller that I need to cover in test method - 

profileCount = [SELECT count() FROM Profile p WHERE p.name like '%Specific User%' and p.id =: LoginUserProfileId] ;

if(profileCount > 0)
        {
            isSpecificUser =  true;
        }
        else
        {
           isSpecificUser = false;
        }

The condtition never matches as the Salesforce schema fetches 18 chars ID and the browser fetches 15 chars. How can this be achieved?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

There is a problem in my search function. When I enter more than a single white space between two words in the key word, it does not retrieve the record.

For example, I have this account called 'Pink Floyd'. When I try to search through my search function by entering the key words as 'Pink    Floyd', it does not match. Any work around for trimming the white spaces?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

I want to have an inline vf page as a related list on the detail page of my custom object. I would like to have a search box in the related list header like there is one in the solutions related list on case detail page. How do I achieve this in visualforce?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa

Hi,

I would like to have a custom button on the solutions related list on my custom object page. How can I have it?

Hi,

I want to notify a certain public group whenever someone adds a comment to the case. I have a workflow rule in place which sends out a mail whenever the case is edited. In my mail template I want to display the comments also. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

I 'm unable to make the standard tab 'Cases' default on for a profile which has Salesforce Platform license. Is it not possible to make it that way? If not, what can be done?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

I 'm unable to find how to assign a new case to a group of users/contacts i.e. Predefined Case Teams. Kindly help.

Thanks in advance,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

I 'm looking for ways to edit the uploaded documents (like .txts) and save it directly rather than download it, edit and upload it again. Is there any approach you are aware of with which this can be achieved or is it even possible in first place? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

Can someone help me out on this 

trigger EditDeleteOnNotes on Note (before delete, before update)
{

for (note NewNote :trigger.old)
 {

if(trigger.isDelete)
  {
   NewNote.addError('Invalid operation. delete operation is not allowed on note object.');
  }
 }
  for (note NewNote :trigger.new)
 {
  if(trigger.isUpdate)
  {
   NewNote.addError('Invalid operation. edit operation is not allowed on note object.');
  }
 }
 }

Error:

EditDeleteOnNotes: execution of BeforeDelete

caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Trigger.EditDeleteOnNotes: line 18, column 22

Hi all,

I have a requirement which needs hourly email notification after a case has been unassigned for 24 hours. What is the best way to do it? I had apex scheduled jobs in my mind but then came across Entitlements and Milestones. Tried to know about it but got more uncertain about if it will help my requirement. Do you have any inputs?

-Sudhanwa

Hi all,

I have a requirement where in I should identify if a user is from United States region. There is a download button which should allow only users from US to download files. Is this achievable through Apex? Or, should it be done via javascript? Can you please tell me how?

Thanks in anticipation.

-Sudhanwa.

Hi,

In Set Up->Admin Set up->Manage Users->Login History we have an option of downloading to excel the history of all users' logins in the past 6 months. However, as only 65,535 rows can be present in an excel, I am unable to get all the users. More than one login for the same user cause so many rows. Is there any way where this excel-ing can be done for unique usernames?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa

Hi,

I have this really complex requirement here.

Users upload a HTML file into Salesforce. The HTML file contains a table with two columns the first column being the field and the second being its value. There are some fields in the table (in random order in the table in different files) who are under consideration. What I need to do is, I should parse the HTML file, look for the <td>s which have the fields I require, move to the immidiate next <td> and store those value in a map against their field names.

Can you guys give me some idea on how to go about it?

p.s. I dont even know how to begin!

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

There is a problem in my search function. When I enter more than a single white space between two words in the key word, it does not retrieve the record.

For example, I have this account called 'Pink Floyd'. When I try to search through my search function by entering the key words as 'Pink    Floyd', it does not match. Any work around for trimming the white spaces?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

I want to notify a certain public group whenever someone adds a comment to the case. I have a workflow rule in place which sends out a mail whenever the case is edited. In my mail template I want to display the comments also. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks,

Sudhanwa.

Hi,

I 'm unable to find how to assign a new case to a group of users/contacts i.e. Predefined Case Teams. Kindly help.

Thanks in advance,

Sudhanwa.

I look through the documentation and didn't see a system method that converts a date time field to a date. There is one for formula fields but is there one for Apex?

Sorry if I missed it.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 11-06-2007 01:47 PM

• November 06, 2007