• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have a small query regarding transalation of fields from one org to another. Right now we are manually doing this transaltion. Is there any way to perform the translations from one org(say Sandbox) to another(say Production) other than this? Is it possible through Eclipse or any other tool? If so how is it done?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Priya Nair

• June 30, 2008
Hello,

Professional version with API

We have a custom button with exec javascript that validates a series of fields based on the user´s role before they can submit the Opp for approval by their Sales Mananger. All the standard validation works great and has been easy to access and program however I cannot figure out how to access the Opportunity Contact Role object from the native options within Salesforce to validate that a Role has been chosen, the Primary has been set, etc . . .

Futhermore there is no way create any valildation rules on the Opportunity Contact Role field directly or indirectly. For example if I wanted to create a validation rule on the Stage field that checks to see that the "Primary" contact has been chosen from all the contacts on the Opportunity Contact Role object when the Stage has been set to "Sold" there is no way to query the checkbox value on the "Primary" field.

What we want to accomplish is that no Sales Order goes forward without the "roles" of all the Opportunity Contact Roles being define and without a "Primary" chosen from all the contacts.

Does anyone have any ideas how this can be done?

thanks, crmzepher
We have the Translation Workbench features enabled.

I'd like to download all translatable strings so we can have our localization people work on these. And then I'd like some way to upload the localized strings for a specific language.

I came across this cryptic note about mass translation, but it doesn't explain the structure of the Localized Value, or where and how to get the Translation or Translation User objects.

I've searched developer.salesforce.com, read the translation workbench docs, and even used Google but I've had no success.

Can anyone provide me with some instructions on how to do this?