Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I'm building a simple validation rule and having trouble, here is my code:

AND(ISPICKVAL( Type , "On-site at Account"),
  ISNULL(On_Site_Visit__c))

The filed 'Type' is a pick list and i'm looking for that particular value.  when the pick list value matches, I want to make sure a check box, On_Site_Visit_c  was checked and if not, I dont' want to save this Task record and want to force the user to check that box (which will make him/her address a custom section on the Activity/Task record).

Seems simple but ISNULL appears not to be correct.  Was looking for ISCHECKED or something similar??

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Joe Alcodray.

Relatively new and I understand alerts but having a problem.  I want to send an e-mail to an Account owner when someone other than him/her adds an Opportunity record -- a simple courtesy e-mail to keep that owner in the loop as several sales areas may create an Opp.  So the trigger should be set when account owner is not equal to whoever created the Opportunity record.  Using this code and it is not working:  Created_By__c  <> Account.OwnerId.

Using the Opportunity object so not sure if I can get back to the Account owner (parent) of the Opportunity.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Joe Alcodray

I searched several boards and couldn't find exactly what I am looking for (based on my search terms).

Problem I am trying to solve is when someone other than Account Owner adds or mods an Opportunity, Contact or Task and the Account Owner isn't aware

Hoping there is an easy to way to alert the Account Owner OR to force a pop-up reminding the user to notify the Account Owner so they're aware of the add or change.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Joe Alcodray

I'm sure this is easy to do but couldn't find what I needed in my searches.  Looking to trigger an e-mail to the Account Owner when someone else does one of the following:  updates the account record, updates or add a contact record, or adds an opportunity record.  should be easy -- hoping you can share the code or point me to a similar thread where I can start.

Thank you,

Joe Alcodray

We have two record types with our products based on hunter sales versus CRM up- and cross-sales.  Two questions:

1. When doing the look-up from the field on Opportunity page, can product records in look-up screen that appears be displayed based on the role of the user?  (This way, if it is a national sales user, one record type set of products would be displayed.)
2. Regardless of answer to #1 above, can the look-up screen be changed to drop the 'filter by' tool?  Don't really need it on the screen -- but what would be ideal (assuming answer to previous question is NO) is to have a drop down with the two record types.  So the user could pick between the two types of product sets.

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Joe
I want to set up my solutions into 2 categories, National Sales and CRM.  On my Opportunity page, I have a field that does a look-up to Solutions.  It works fine now but brings up all Solutions for all users.

Is there a way to have the screen interrogate the user profile so that I can specify what Solution category I want displayed?  Not sure if this can be accomplished with a rule??

Hope the question makes sense.  Thanks,

Joe.
Posted this elsewhere, hoping maybe for a broader audience. 

A. I Created object called Solutions.

In addition to its name, the Object has 3 fields:  (1) enrollment fee, (2) multiplier and (3) unit price.

B. On an Opportunity entry, I have a field that does a relational lookup to this Solutions object.

I also created a new currency field on the Opportunity object called Calculated Revenue.

C. When a user goes to add a new Opportunity, they select the Solution Sold which does the table lookup noted above. 

I want to create Workflow rule for the field Calculated Revenue, noted above, that uses the following formula: 

Solutions(1) + (Solutions (2) * Solutions (3) * Opportunities (field Z))

[field Z is a numeric field that already exists on the Opportunity object]

When building the Workflow rule for the Calculated Revenue field on Opportunity object, is there a way to get the Solutions fields 1, 2, and 3 associated with the record selected in the lookup done in Step B above???

Thanks in advance.

Joe
First post, so why not jump in with both feet.  I am an end user that was given permission to solve a problem with how we use SF.  We are trying to automatically calculate revenue on the Opportunity object based on the type of product sold, which is entered via a relational lookup.  The look-up is done to a custom object that has several fields (revenue, an enrollment fee and a multiplier).  I want to use these 3 fields, along with another field on the Opportunity record, to build a workflow rule to calculate the revenue.  Don't know how to get access to the 3 fields on the custom object, which was already selected in a previous field, in order to build the formula for the rule.

Confused.  Me too.  I wrote it out and it appears a bit cleaner on the attached Word document.  I appreciate any guidance offered.

Regards,
Joe

Hi, I'm building a simple validation rule and having trouble, here is my code:

AND(ISPICKVAL( Type , "On-site at Account"),
  ISNULL(On_Site_Visit__c))

The filed 'Type' is a pick list and i'm looking for that particular value.  when the pick list value matches, I want to make sure a check box, On_Site_Visit_c  was checked and if not, I dont' want to save this Task record and want to force the user to check that box (which will make him/her address a custom section on the Activity/Task record).

Seems simple but ISNULL appears not to be correct.  Was looking for ISCHECKED or something similar??

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Joe Alcodray.

Relatively new and I understand alerts but having a problem.  I want to send an e-mail to an Account owner when someone other than him/her adds an Opportunity record -- a simple courtesy e-mail to keep that owner in the loop as several sales areas may create an Opp.  So the trigger should be set when account owner is not equal to whoever created the Opportunity record.  Using this code and it is not working:  Created_By__c  <> Account.OwnerId.

Using the Opportunity object so not sure if I can get back to the Account owner (parent) of the Opportunity.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Joe Alcodray

I'm sure this is easy to do but couldn't find what I needed in my searches.  Looking to trigger an e-mail to the Account Owner when someone else does one of the following:  updates the account record, updates or add a contact record, or adds an opportunity record.  should be easy -- hoping you can share the code or point me to a similar thread where I can start.

Thank you,

Joe Alcodray

Posted this elsewhere, hoping maybe for a broader audience. 

A. I Created object called Solutions.

In addition to its name, the Object has 3 fields:  (1) enrollment fee, (2) multiplier and (3) unit price.

B. On an Opportunity entry, I have a field that does a relational lookup to this Solutions object.

I also created a new currency field on the Opportunity object called Calculated Revenue.

C. When a user goes to add a new Opportunity, they select the Solution Sold which does the table lookup noted above. 

I want to create Workflow rule for the field Calculated Revenue, noted above, that uses the following formula: 

Solutions(1) + (Solutions (2) * Solutions (3) * Opportunities (field Z))

[field Z is a numeric field that already exists on the Opportunity object]

When building the Workflow rule for the Calculated Revenue field on Opportunity object, is there a way to get the Solutions fields 1, 2, and 3 associated with the record selected in the lookup done in Step B above???

Thanks in advance.

Joe
First post, so why not jump in with both feet.  I am an end user that was given permission to solve a problem with how we use SF.  We are trying to automatically calculate revenue on the Opportunity object based on the type of product sold, which is entered via a relational lookup.  The look-up is done to a custom object that has several fields (revenue, an enrollment fee and a multiplier).  I want to use these 3 fields, along with another field on the Opportunity record, to build a workflow rule to calculate the revenue.  Don't know how to get access to the 3 fields on the custom object, which was already selected in a previous field, in order to build the formula for the rule.

Confused.  Me too.  I wrote it out and it appears a bit cleaner on the attached Word document.  I appreciate any guidance offered.

Regards,
Joe