• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a situation where we have several similar accounts names which makes it easy for emps to select the incorrect account. We have a lookup in a custom object that has a Lookup relationship to the account object. In this case, all account names are valid but for expense purposes, we want all expenses for the like names to go to one particular account.

Example:

TestCo - 1

TestCo - 2

TestCo, Inc. 

We know that any accounts that contain the name TestCo should actually be TestCo, Inc. when reporting expenses.

I'm trying to create a formula that will update the Lookup(account) to the desired account name when the incorrect account has been selected.

Such as: 

IF(Contains(Client__r.Name, "TestCo"),"TestCo, Inc.", "")

The above formula returns - Error: Formula result is data type (Text), incompatible with expected data type (true or false).

All other accounts (without TestCo) should continue as normal.

Workflow rules can't update this field as well... Which would have been real easy to do.

If possible, Id like to stay away from triggers since I really suck at them... but if there is no other option, I'll be open to attempt it.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks you in advance.

I have a project that requires me to create a link (or button) that contains the domain from the Account screen (Website) in the path.

Example:

Account website: http://www.mysite.com

New Link or Button: http://www.somesiteoutthere.com/research/search.aspx?q=mysite.com&type=answers 

I'm thinking that the easiest way would be to create a new hidden field called domain and have a formula grab the URL and strip the http://www. However.... I have no idea how to do that or if there is a better way to accomplish this.

Could anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks.

I have fields that need to be locked after certian status's have been reached. I want to lock the fields for all profiles except for two, System Admin and Direct Sales Sys Manager. I created the validation rule below, but it's not working properly for the listed profiles.

Could I get someone's expert input?

ISCHANGED ( Credit_card_number__c) &&
OR (ISPICKVAL ( PRIORVALUE ( IO_Status__c) , "IO Signed" ),
ISPICKVAL ( PRIORVALUE ( IO_Status__c) , "Payment Processed" )) &&
$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator, Direct Sales System Management"

After switching from the Email2Case agent to the new OnDemand Service, we're finding that duplicate auto case notifications are being dispatched. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Thanks.

I currently have a date/time formula that creates a due date for our case management team. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to exclude weekends and holidays (at the least weekends).

Could someone one offer some suggestions?

The current formula simply takes the createate + #

Thanks!

We are in need of creating a way to send our clients follow up reminders after support has replied asking for more information, clarification etc.

What we need is to have a trigger, workflow (which ever is best) fire off a templated email 3 days after a request has been sent to the client asking for additional information. If no response is received after two additional days, then have the case closed.

Is there anyway to accomplish something like this? Maybe even a better way?

Thanks!

Message Edited by cased19 on 03-04-2009 11:44 AM

In Find Nearby: in IE after "Map It!" is selected, the middle (list of found nearby records) and right (driving directions) panes are not displayed....  I have meesed with just about every security setting without luck.  All the panes display properly in Firefox.  Any ideas?

After switching from the Email2Case agent to the new OnDemand Service, we're finding that duplicate auto case notifications are being dispatched. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Thanks.

I currently have a date/time formula that creates a due date for our case management team. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to exclude weekends and holidays (at the least weekends).

Could someone one offer some suggestions?

The current formula simply takes the createate + #

Thanks!

We are in need of creating a way to send our clients follow up reminders after support has replied asking for more information, clarification etc.

What we need is to have a trigger, workflow (which ever is best) fire off a templated email 3 days after a request has been sent to the client asking for additional information. If no response is received after two additional days, then have the case closed.

Is there anyway to accomplish something like this? Maybe even a better way?

Thanks!

Message Edited by cased19 on 03-04-2009 11:44 AM

Hello All,

I want to setup "indicator" fields on the Case object that indicate NEW Case Comments or Emails exist on a Case. The idea is that when a support rep clicks on the Cases tab to view a list of cases they own, there will be 'New Comment' and 'New Email' columns that have a visual indicator next to each case that indicate there are new Comments or Emails on the Case. The indicator could be a checkbox, or a colored dot, or something similar.

Salesforce appears to have this functionality built-in to some degree:

- For Case Comments, when a new comment is added to a Case through the Self-Service portal or Customer Portal,  there will be an icon at the top of the Case (next to the Case Number heading) that indicates there is a new comment on the case. See below image  - new-comment-email.gif - for example. When a Case Owner views the case, this icon goes away - I have to assume that the act of viewing the case changed the "status" of the comment to make the icon go away.

- For Emails, with email-to-case enabled, when a new email is received and associated with a Case, the email in the Emails related list has a Status of "New". See below image - new-comment-email.gif - for example. When the Case Owner views the email, the Status changes from "New" to "Read". The act of viewing the email has changed the Status value of the email.

I would like to leverage this functionality are create custom Case field "indicators" that I can put on list views. For Case Comments, I would like for the indicator to show new Case Comments made by ANY person, not just Self-Service/Customer Portal users.

Does anyone know how I would acheive this? How can I build a field that indicates the existence of New Case Comments or Emails on Cases?

Any details or advice that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Rob 

new-comment-email.gif 

We are have a number of mailboxes that we use to feed Salesfroce with customer support cases through the email to case agent. I need to set up different auto-reply messages dependant on what mailbox the email comes from. I cant get it to work the only palce i can find the incoming adress is on the emailobject but from there I cant use it to send an email.
Have anyone else a solution to this?
Regards
/Olof

• November 21, 2008