• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have 2 time/date fields and would like to calculate the difference.  If I just set the formula to subtract, I get a decimal value that I can't correlate to time.

Any ideas how to do this? 

I am trying to make a validation rule that will accomplish the following, but can't get my head around the logic.

If a certain checkbox field is checked, don't allow anyone except an admin to edit the record.  The only exception to this is that a specific profile can edit a specific picklist field to 3 specific values, but nothing else.

I can do the first half no problem, but the second half is giving me a hard time.  Any help is appreciated. 

I am looking to make a validation rule so that a checkbox field can be checked by anyone, however it cannot be unchecked except by an admin user.

I'm familiar with validation rules and forumlas, just having a hard time getting my head around this.  Any ideas?

I am trying to embed the current time + 15 minutes into a URL so I can automatically create a new activity scheduled for 15 minutes from now with the click of a button.

I have the rest of the fields figured out, but can't isolate the time to pass it into the field. The closest I can come is NOW(), but that also includes the date in the string.

Anyone know a function I can use for a custom button that will pull the current time?

Thanks!

I have 2 time/date fields and would like to calculate the difference.  If I just set the formula to subtract, I get a decimal value that I can't correlate to time.

Any ideas how to do this? 

I am trying to make a validation rule that will accomplish the following, but can't get my head around the logic.

If a certain checkbox field is checked, don't allow anyone except an admin to edit the record.  The only exception to this is that a specific profile can edit a specific picklist field to 3 specific values, but nothing else.

I can do the first half no problem, but the second half is giving me a hard time.  Any help is appreciated. 

I am looking to make a validation rule so that a checkbox field can be checked by anyone, however it cannot be unchecked except by an admin user.

I'm familiar with validation rules and forumlas, just having a hard time getting my head around this.  Any ideas?

I had some success today refreshing dashboard and thought I'd share. I found some code from SF Heretic on refreshing homepages and dashboards, but it didn't quite work for me, though it got me pointed in the right direction which I greatly appreciate! Their code for refreshing the homepage didn't work for me the way it was setup. What did work was going to Homepage components and adding to the Messages & Alerts:

<meta http-equiv=refresh content=600>

And if you stay on the home page it does refresh after 10 minutes.

What I wanted to do was refresh a dashboard we have for mgmt users whenever they hit that page so they see the current numbers without having to click refresh. What I ended up doing was adding a component to the dashboard that was an S Control and all it contained was the following code where the ID listed is the ID of the dashboard. You can see the exact window open code I lifted below by going to the dashboard and with FIREBUG installed click INSPECT and select the REFRESH button on the page and it will show you something like the below....

Code:
<BODY onLoad="refreshDashboardTimeout();" >
<script>
function refreshDashboardTimeout() {
window.open('/01Z6000000073av—m=poll&refresh=1', 'db_refresh_frame');
}
</script>

Hope that helps some of you out there..........

E

• May 17, 2007