• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

Have been using Salesforce for around 6 months now after been using Onyx for over 4 years and overall the experience has been good.

However I'm currently in a scenario where I really need a specific function that I can't find in my Salesforce account but I'm hoping it's just me missing something. Otherwise I would kindly like to request for a future release.

The problem is that I sometimes have the need to update multiple leads, accounts, opportunities and so on at the same time. Right now when I'm in the "Leads" section and I'm viewing all leads assigned to me in a list, but I can only edit them one by one. Couldn't be easy way to do a "batch" update of certain fields? Like address, ranking and so on.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello.

What is the easiest way to transfer changes from sandbox to production? Don't know what to do. Is there any other way in addition to using Force.com IDE?

Thanks

It is said that mass email is allowed to send 250 mails per call and  up to 1000 mails per day.

But I found the article on the page 181 of  the book "Development with the Force.com Platform" by Jason Quellette

saying  "You can reach 2,500 recipients using the MassEmailMessage ". On this book  said  " 250 recipients times the 10 invocation maximum".

Is it true we can send 2500 mails per pay ?

Any suggestion appreciated.

Yoshio Takemura

• April 02, 2010
I have a field on the account that is showing as required when you're in edit mode on the account.  In setup, the field is not required.  It is unique and its set as external id.  I created another field as unique and external id and that didnt make it required.  What is making this field required?

Hi folks

Is there a way where I can add a scroll bar to a text field in SFDC ? If not .. I believe I can do this using VF ? Can someone please share the syntax for this ?

• October 04, 2010

Hello ... I need to copy data from one field to another on the same object ..

Here is the requirement..I have 2 custom fields on an object. I need to create a 3rd formula field where it has to copy data from field1 if field 2 is empty.Also copy data from field 2 if field 1 is empty ..return a null if nothing is populated... Is there a way that I can do this....I tried ISNULL and BLANKVALUE but couldnt figure it out

Any help is appreciated

Hello

I am a newbie to triggers and was hoping that someone could help me with this ...Basically I am trying to update a field in my parent object whenever some updates/creates new child records. Below is what I have so far ( both parent and child are custom objects). To make it easier ...this would be like if I have an amount field on the account object and I need to copy the opty amount to this field on the account object. Basically the account amount field should be the sum of all the opty amount fields for the corresponding account ..

trigger License on License_Transfer__c (before update) {

List<DNB_Org__c> dnborgstoupdate = new List <DNB_Org__c>();
for(License_Transfer__c lct : System.Trigger.New) {
 if (lct.License_Type__c == 'UE'){
  DNB_Org__c dnborg = new DNB_Org__c (Id =lct.Holding_Org__c,Holding_Licenses_UE__c = lct.Licenses_to_Transfer__c);
  dnborgstoupdate.add(dnborg);
 }
}
update(dnborgstoupdate);
}

Hello All

I have a requirement where I need to send an email to all the case owners with the list  of cases that they own ( basically the cases where the closed date is greater than today). I was able to do this using a scheduler.but I have the case owners direct to a report in SFDC to track their cases. But now the requirement is to send the case owners their case numbers and links for the respective cases. I was hoping to do this using visual force templates .Is this possible ? Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Any idea why would I get this message expecting semicolon, found ':' for the class below

;

I have a requirement where I have date field on teh case object and whenever  date passes the current date , an email has to go every hour to the case owner  till the owner sets the date to a future date or closes the case. Can this done be using triggers ? If yes please suggest how do we do this ?

• April 21, 2010

I wanted to create formula field to which will retrieve values from a picklist. Here is the catch...some of the picklist values do have a "&" on it. But the formula field shouldnt bring in these values..instead it should replace it with "and" ..Is this possible ?

• April 09, 2010

Hello

When I try to add an opty line item I get the following error message

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

But if  I give the corresoding profile an edit access on the price book object..it works fine .Is this normal ? Should the profile have edit access to do this ?

• January 28, 2010

Hello

I would like to restrict a few profiles from creating new opty through the opty tab.They should only be allowed to create optys through contacts tab.

Any suggestions ?

• December 28, 2010

Hello ... I need to copy data from one field to another on the same object ..

Here is the requirement..I have 2 custom fields on an object. I need to create a 3rd formula field where it has to copy data from field1 if field 2 is empty.Also copy data from field 2 if field 1 is empty ..return a null if nothing is populated... Is there a way that I can do this....I tried ISNULL and BLANKVALUE but couldnt figure it out

Any help is appreciated

Hello

I am a newbie to triggers and was hoping that someone could help me with this ...Basically I am trying to update a field in my parent object whenever some updates/creates new child records. Below is what I have so far ( both parent and child are custom objects). To make it easier ...this would be like if I have an amount field on the account object and I need to copy the opty amount to this field on the account object. Basically the account amount field should be the sum of all the opty amount fields for the corresponding account ..

trigger License on License_Transfer__c (before update) {

List<DNB_Org__c> dnborgstoupdate = new List <DNB_Org__c>();
for(License_Transfer__c lct : System.Trigger.New) {
 if (lct.License_Type__c == 'UE'){
  DNB_Org__c dnborg = new DNB_Org__c (Id =lct.Holding_Org__c,Holding_Licenses_UE__c = lct.Licenses_to_Transfer__c);
  dnborgstoupdate.add(dnborg);
 }
}
update(dnborgstoupdate);
}

Hello All

I have a requirement where I need to send an email to all the case owners with the list  of cases that they own ( basically the cases where the closed date is greater than today). I was able to do this using a scheduler.but I have the case owners direct to a report in SFDC to track their cases. But now the requirement is to send the case owners their case numbers and links for the respective cases. I was hoping to do this using visual force templates .Is this possible ? Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Any idea why would I get this message expecting semicolon, found ':' for the class below

;

I have a requirement where I have date field on teh case object and whenever  date passes the current date , an email has to go every hour to the case owner  till the owner sets the date to a future date or closes the case. Can this done be using triggers ? If yes please suggest how do we do this ?

• April 21, 2010

I wanted to create formula field to which will retrieve values from a picklist. Here is the catch...some of the picklist values do have a "&" on it. But the formula field shouldnt bring in these values..instead it should replace it with "and" ..Is this possible ?

• April 09, 2010

Hi all,

Have been using Salesforce for around 6 months now after been using Onyx for over 4 years and overall the experience has been good.

However I'm currently in a scenario where I really need a specific function that I can't find in my Salesforce account but I'm hoping it's just me missing something. Otherwise I would kindly like to request for a future release.

The problem is that I sometimes have the need to update multiple leads, accounts, opportunities and so on at the same time. Right now when I'm in the "Leads" section and I'm viewing all leads assigned to me in a list, but I can only edit them one by one. Couldn't be easy way to do a "batch" update of certain fields? Like address, ranking and so on.

Thanks,

Daniel

Is it possible to achieve that when a new case comment is created the "public" checkbox is already marked by default? See screenshot below.

Case comment public by default

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello.

What is the easiest way to transfer changes from sandbox to production? Don't know what to do. Is there any other way in addition to using Force.com IDE?

Thanks

It is said that mass email is allowed to send 250 mails per call and  up to 1000 mails per day.

But I found the article on the page 181 of  the book "Development with the Force.com Platform" by Jason Quellette

saying  "You can reach 2,500 recipients using the MassEmailMessage ". On this book  said  " 250 recipients times the 10 invocation maximum".

Is it true we can send 2500 mails per pay ?

Any suggestion appreciated.

Yoshio Takemura

• April 02, 2010

Hello,

I have the following two questions which i would like someone to please help me with

1. Salesforce has introduced a Quotes standard object which is available in Enterprise,Unlimited and Developer Editions. But, when i login into my developer account i dont see a Quotes object. I checked Customize under App Setup too,but its not there. Any reason why this is so ?

2. Is there any way to determine the version of the Salesforce Developer Edition that i use ?

Please help.

Thank You

Message Edited by rzs on 04-01-2010 10:09 AM
  • April 01, 2010

I created a new task button called Media Plan Request.  The button is supposed to assign the task to our media planner (1 person, ex John Smith).  It's also supposed to put "Media Plan Request" in the Subject line and put the whatid as the opportunity the task is created on.  The Whatid part works fine, the rest of it doesn't.

Here is the code I'm using:

/00T/e?who_id={!Lead.Id}{!Contact.Id}&&what_id={!Opportunity.Id}&retURL=%2F0067000000IF9ym&tsk5=Media%Plan%Request&tsk1_lkid=00570000001GaI5&tsk1=John%Smith

What am I missing here?  This is my second custom button today that isn't working  :(

Hi,

I am trying to send mass email to a list of selected candidates. I have created the list as an Sobject and passed the email addresses to it. I am not sure how to pass this list to the target id in the mass email. Some examples would help me.

Thanks

Krishnadas M R

• April 08, 2009
Hi all,

Anyone can tell me how to create a sandbox account?

Many Thanks,